NEurope
D_prOdigy

Captain Rainbow!!

It sounds like they've almost purposely made this game so that it won't leave Japan. :(

Someone who has the game says it contians a male, transvestite Birdo that owns a vibrator and comments on his bowel movements.

It wont come out over here even if having to edit lot of the game.

1st day sales

Afrika - 20k

Too Human - 6.5k

Captain Rainbow - 4.3k

1st day sales

Afrika - 20k

Too Human - 6.5k

Captain Rainbow - 4.3k

Ouch, beaten in Japan by Too Human.

i dont know... this game doesnt look cool in any form not gameplay wise graphic it looks more like a Wiiware game

Someone who has the game says it contians a male, transvestite Birdo that owns a vibrator and comments on his bowel movements.

what!? Sign me up for a copy

i dont know... this game doesnt look cool in any form not gameplay wise graphic it looks more like a Wiiware game

Huh, the game looks amazing!! Have you seen all the mini games? I'm dying for this game and tempted to get it? Does work with the freeloader doesn't it?

We've only had two Skip titles reach our shores I believe. Chibi-Robo, and Bakushow.

It sounds like they've almost purposely made this game so that it won't leave Japan. :(

Hopefully it will come to Europe; we seem to get the Japanese stuff more than the Americans now (Tingle, Doshin, Jp No More Heroes)

PLEASE Nintendo PLEASE

I also love that the characters talk.

Just keep the game the same but make the writing English/"European" Nintendo!!!

It wont come out over here even if having to edit lot of the game.

1st day sales

Afrika - 20k

Too Human - 6.5k

Captain Rainbow - 4.3k

The thing is, they could release it as a 15 and still sell enough to warrent a release I reckon.

But it'll never come. :(

Petition anyone? :heh: It wauld make them want our money...

Maybe Nintendo'll surprise us and confirm a US/EU releasedate for Cpt. Rainbow? ;)

Would be great :)

Maybe Nintendo'll surprise us and confirm a US/EU releasedate for Cpt. Rainbow? ;)

Would be great :)

You fiend, I was hoping that Nintendo had announced a European release for a minute there...

I watched that entire video yesterday. Captain Rainbow looks weird and wacky and everything a game should be! Sounds like that guys played it to death, the way he knows it inside out and how to get slightly different things to happen when he starts a new file. If Nintendo had brought the game out over here then we could all be that hardcore. :(

ImmaculateDownrightCrustacean-size_restr

For anyone that might be interested... The English translation of Captain Rainbow has been completed!! :bouncy:

The patch should be made available soon! Going to have to dig up my Wii and import copy of this game. Can't believe it's actually happening! :D Here's hoping it was worth the wait. :heh:

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Interesting... :)

Don't you need a Wii which has very early firmware in order to run the FreeLoader which will let you run the game though?

If so then I won't be able to play it on my main Wii console but... I did pick up a second hand one which might not have been connected to the internet as regularly.

I'm assuming you need to modify the Wii anyway in order to apply the patch so this is probably a moot point. :p

Unless you're talking about running it on Dolphin? Which I have zero experience with but really should investigate. :D

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Interesting... :)

Don't you need a Wii which has very early firmware in order to run the FreeLoader which will let you run the game though?

If so then I won't be able to play it on my main Wii console but... I did pick up a second hand one which might not have been connected to the internet as regularly.

I'm assuming you need to modify the Wii anyway in order to apply the patch so this is probably a moot point. :p

Unless you're talking about running it on Dolphin? Which I have zero experience with but really should investigate. :D

You need the homebrew channel (I picked up a cheap secondhand Wii a few years ago specifically for that, as I was too scared to mess with my launch day system :blush:) and a certain app to run import titles/patches, it’s been such a long time since I’ve messed about with that stuff now though I can’t even remember what it’s called. :blank: But yeah, you do need a modified console.

As for using it with Dolphin, I believe it can be done. Not got that much experience with Dolphin myself though, outside of a few sessions to check out the HD goodness of various GCN and Wii games (F-Zero GX is amazing on it! :cool:) but might look into that for Captain Rainbow as well, especially if I run into any problems with the homebrew method.

• Thanks 1