NEurope
D_prOdigy

Captain Rainbow!!

Rated G for gay.. A super hero wearing a gay pride costume and a transvestite thing... I think parents would rather find their kids playing Manhunt.

So many homophobs........

And this isn't even a "homosexual" game.

Besides, who in there right minds would make a game admittedly for gay people only.

Yeah guys, it's not a homosexual game. Given Nintendo ignoring it at E3 though, I'm not sure about a European release. They seem to be more wary of releasing games like this in the west recently, which is a shame.

Besides, who in there right minds would make a game admittedly for gay people only.

dltiny9b2aadf4.jpg

Yuck!!!!! *runs away* the stuff I had to go through to find that one through google, it's just too much for a pure hetero, I should be worshipped! or not.

and well, yaoi fangirls should like that one too, actually.

Yeah guys, it's not a homosexual game. Given Nintendo ignoring it at E3 though, I'm not sure about a European release. They seem to be more wary of releasing games like this in the west recently, which is a shame.

Yeah, because the Japanese aren't homophobic AT ALL.

It's a shame that a few people here think that because it has a rainbow in it, it makes it gay. Almost stupid.

After reading about it, I'm frankly interested and if it doesn't come Stateside, then I'll be importing it. That damned Homebrew Channel is finally going to prove its worth if it means I can play this import.

Japan release date:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10506

The obscure action game from skip Ltd has been dated in Japan: August 2008!

According to a Nintendo event being held in Japan today, the game is due to hit stores in the country on 28th August 2008 for 6,800Yen.

New Video [featuring Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch Out]

I think this will probably be the Nintendo Power feature for next month;

But I just can't see it making it out of Japan! Even in those videos it doesn't translate well, and I don't think the humour is all that western either!

Yeah, because the Japanese aren't homophobic AT ALL.

what are you TALKING about, man?

when it comes to homosexuality, japan is one of the most open and accepting countries that there is.

homosexual characters are heavily featured in a LOT of children's anime and manga (which iw what i'm assuming you're basing all of your "knowledge" on) :hmm:

if you're going to talk about whole countries like that i shall pull out the SOURCE PLEASE card... >__>

as a country~

xenophobic, yeah sure - i'll give you that

but homophobic - na-uh... O_o

Aha, nice trailer. Little Mac's really let himself go. :D I would be extremely pleased if this were to head to Europe, I think they should give it a go after months of thinking they're treating us by giving us training games before America...

A fat Little Mac... I need this game!

Please Nintendo, bring this game to Europe! You don't have to release it in America, they have awfully boring tastes.

Did you think Birdo would only sware in that trailer?

(Click on it two times to see Birdo translation)

Birdo: "I'm gonna **** your *** good"

....that what I think it is?!!!!

I don't think the swearing's funny in the slightest if I'm honest, there's just no need for it like that in a video game!

One more reason why this won't get out of Japan!

Rated G for gay.. A super hero wearing a gay pride costume and a transvestite thing... I think parents would rather find their kids playing Manhunt.

I don't think so somehow...

Oh Jesus, are they purposely trying to make this a Japan exclusive, or get it banned?!

Well it's ***'d out in the trailer, so it maybe the voice bleeped or silenced over. I don't understand Japanese, so I couldn't really tell in that trailer.

But if it's there, but it is censored, then it's no worse than, say, an episode of The Simpsons. (Remember when Homer is shouting at an ambulance, and the parody of the Jerry Springer show?)

what are you TALKING about, man?

when it comes to homosexuality, japan is one of the most open and accepting countries that there is.

homosexual characters are heavily featured in a LOT of children's anime and manga (which iw what i'm assuming you're basing all of your "knowledge" on) :hmm:

if you're going to talk about whole countries like that i shall pull out the SOURCE PLEASE card... >__>

as a country~

xenophobic, yeah sure - i'll give you that

but homophobic - na-uh... O_o

I was basing myself more on Hard Gay, the animes can be pretty open about this (specially after watching Saber Marionette J). But I won't argue, guess you have to be there to know.

Edit: But I don't agree with people here calling me or anyone else homophobic just because I point out clearly gay references in this game.

i wasnt calling you homophobic ~ i was just stickin up for the japs* :grin:

*bluey brand irony. it's yummy!!

I was basing myself more on Hard Gay, the animes can be pretty open about this (specially after watching Saber Marionette J). But I won't argue, guess you have to be there to know.

Edit: But I don't agree with people here calling me or anyone else homophobic just because I point out clearly gay references in this game.

If you're referring to Maase's ill adviced thread in Gen Chat then I totally agree. People shouldn't be mean to you for pointing out that this game is camper than morris dancers waving perfume soaked hankies at G.A.Y.

But seriously man, I don't understand how you got from Hard Gay to homophobic... that's like the total opposite of what i thought! :p

Its just the way they run away from him in the streets like it was the devil.

Its just the way they run away from him in the streets like it was the devil.

Nah that's just the being embarassed in public thing. Don't forget how many people are watching and enjoying it at home. Note: Guy who plays Hard Gay ain't gay!

So this game is a substitute for all good characters which could have been playable in Brawl instead of the awful ROB? :heh: (not talking about Birdo obviously, just the last two one)

My bet for the next one is Sukapon or Muddy mole.