Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

lols, Sheffield Meet Sat Sept 20th '08

jayseven

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah dev green is a nice option, just that it's packed and the ampitheatre-type landscaping means we'll be the focus of attention from randomers. it's goth/emo/skater central, too; especially the 14-y-o's.

But! it is more central, and closer to the station and dev cat/other clubs/bars/pubs. So why not?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and closer to the OPAL/every other student area in the city centre...

Well I can't see why a nice outdoor of a pub wouldn't be too bad? Even the young un's would be ok with us as long as they drink soft drinks :)? If it's raining sit inside? I'm sure a pub will be alright with it.

I see what you mean now jayseven, I thought you actually meant meet at the gardens! Threw me right off, but it sounds good :)

Well y'see, a pub garden would be all civilised and restricted, and expensive. Meeting outdoors means we can play frisbee, we can talk shit as loud as we want, we won't have crap music blaring over us, we can buy cheap food and drink from teh tescos down teh road, we can play epic games of cards, we can just piss about generally a lot more.

Thing is there's a fair few of us in sheff now, so I'm sure we'll do sensible gatherings in teh future

Well y'see, a pub garden would be all civilised and restricted, and expensive. Meeting outdoors means we can play frisbee, we can talk shit as loud as we want, we won't have crap music blaring over us, we can buy cheap food and drink from teh tescos down teh road, we can play epic games of cards, we can just piss about generally a lot more.

Thing is there's a fair few of us in sheff now, so I'm sure we'll do sensible gatherings in teh future

What time we meeting at train station?

Davey T says: Frisbee ftw :). I might come with warandchaos if im not doing anything for uni

Peace Gardens = closely guarded by the city... patrol people who hang out there and at the station. they frown on drinking.

I imagine people ought to push for a 12pm-get for the train station, warandchaos.

EEVIL: yeah fairly cheap there, but I still think we should park-it-up for the first few hours while there's sunlight :) But hey, if people want to just pub-it then who am I to stand in teh way? I liek pubs :)

Peace Gardens = closely guarded by the city... patrol people who hang out there and at the station. they frown on drinking.

I imagine people ought to push for a 12pm-get for the train station, warandchaos.

EEVIL: yeah fairly cheap there, but I still think we should park-it-up for the first few hours while there's sunlight :) But hey, if people want to just pub-it then who am I to stand in teh way? I liek pubs :)

We could easily do both, hang out in a park for the day and then pub in the evening? :awesome:

If I'm bringing my 150g regulation Discraft Ultrastar Sports Disc, I expect commitment, missy.

yeah you heard!

You coming Davey? I'll add you to The List if you are.

As far as i know ou can add him, me, and harribo to the list. Are you wanting to know who were bringing with us or ..?

Why are you bringing friends with you? I didn't realise you could do that, phooey. :shakehead
LOL Jay mentioned about bringing friends to liven things up a bit.

BTW: so we recognize each other you gotta stand doing the YMCA, if normal civilions start this then move on to the Can Can!

How are we going to recognize each other? Should we all do something like wear a blue beret?

LOL Jay mentioned about bringing friends to liven things up a bit.

BTW: so we recognize each other you gotta stand doing the YMCA, if normal civilions start this then move on to the Can Can!

How are we going to recognize each other? Should we all do something like wear a blue beret?

You can sod off. There's a picture thread for a reason. Besides I'll be fine, I know dan dare :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!