N-Europe

Games That Scare You

Kirkatronics

I wouldn't say Eternal Darkness scared me. It was more of a chiller, than anything. It made you feel uneasy, but it didn't outrightly scare you, imo.

Resident Evil made me jump, and I felt very uneasy playing that a few times. One time, in the hallway of the mansion, I was walking casually to one of the rooms, and the sound of the lightning was accompanied by a flash. A big Burrrrrrrrr! And I jumped a mile. This was at 3 oclock in the afternoon, so I'm pretty ashamed of myself for that one.

The other one, again, same hallway (it's the hallway right at the beginning of the game where you find your friend eaten and encounter your first zombie.) Well, this was the same hallway but much later in the game. I had earlier killed that zombie, and was now back in that hallway for some reason. I entered it, and I heard this strange soung. Thud thud thud!

I think to myself: "...what's that? Is that the next door neighbours? No..it's the game. What's that sound? Floorboards? It sounds like... I dunno, what the hell. My character isn't moving, he's standing still, but it sounds like somebody is runni-"

Straight at that moment, a crimson head lunges at me and kills me dead.

I think I screamed "WHAT THE FUCK!" at the tv. That fucked me up.

FATAL FRAME!

Oh my goodness, that game freaking scared me SO MUCH..

Especially when you walk quite happily along, only to turn slightly and BUUNNGG! GHOST! AAGGHHH!!

And yes, the only particularly scary part of Eternal Darkness, (for me) was that bit where she's in the bath. Given that I never actually PLAY scary games. :P

The only game that has really scared me is Resi 4. :) It made me jump so much when I first played the game as I was thrown straight into the situation with the two chainsaw ladies which made me jump so much. Also playing it in the dark didn't help.

Along with the other chainsaw guy this game constantly had my heart pumping! :D

This is a bit non-standard, but there's something really creepy in Metal Gear Solid 4 that a lot of people might not experience:

If you run away from any of the BB Corps. when they're in their human forms they start to 'glide' really quickly towards you. There's something about the way they move that makes me uneasy.

A lot of horror games can really get to me for some reason, FEAR and all the isometric Resies (Resi'?) primarily. I actually hit the roof when the Licker comes through the glass in Resi 2.

Yeah, there's that bit fairly near the beginning where you jump down into that dark area and your character starts freaking out and panting while the little girl is running around you and is constantly just out of sight. Freaky as hell.

Played Condemned 2 recently and there are these exploding childrens doll baby things. Except that they are kind of alive and all messed up and covered in dirt. They come crawling under things at you at knee height and they make you jump like fuck. Then you pick the up later as weapons, kind of grenades if you will, but you see them held in your hand and you can see theirs eyes looking at you and then they stare all around the place! Really makes me feel creeped out. :shakehead