NEurope
mcj metroid

Show that scared you as a kid but you now think are silly

Films has been done a hundred times so what about tv shows that scare you,... or even ones that still do.

A couple of x-files episodes did it for me.

Herbie : A Volkswagen with a mind of its own, driving all over the place and going mad. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

Well I saw a lot of god awfull Horror movies growing up.. the local theatre manager didnt mind us "toddlers" going in.. he just wanted our money..

But TV shows.. I think some of the Tom Baker Dr. Who episodes scared me.. i remember some episode where there were som green larva crawling around some space ship..

and some stupid science fiction where some people were stranded on mars or some other planet.. with mysterious moving rocks that ate people

scooby doo.

...still gives me strange and inexplicable feelings of dread. O_o

Thomas the Tank Engine seriously used to scare the shit out. The crazy situations gave me the shakes.

"Are you afraid of the Dark"

Was afew episodes which scared me, think one of them involved clowns.

"Are you afraid of the Dark"

Was afew episodes which scared me, think one of them involved clowns.

Holy shit, that porsolen (sp) doll episode scared me shitless as a kid, i'm actually scared of them even now.

IT

Although I am still a little freaked out by clowns

Same. If I saw IT, even on the video front cover, Id be as scared as shit for days.

Pingu....and before you say Pingu isn't scary you won't look at this show the same way again after you've seen this.

I still can't watch this all the way through to this day

Pingu....and before you say Pingu isn't scary you won't look at this show the same way again after you've seen this.

OMG! A paedophilic giant penis!

Demon Headmaster...but only a bit in the trailer I remember seeing a lot on CBBC, for the next series or something. The girl had a snake tongue. That scared me.

ZOMG Goosebumps too.

Are you afraid of the dark was too scary, but loved watching it, goosebumps, some of them were truely scary, like that turkey monster thing in the swamp that the old folks kept as a pet, that was SCARY

=[

The Moomins

I watched it in frightened awe. Like a ballet of nightmares it seduced me.

...I'm in a weird mood today.

The Moomins

moomins scared everyone and anyone

The creepy old girl thing was...urgh,

Noddy. Christ I had nightmares about that. And Rupert the bear. I think it was the sweater he wore more than anything else.

The Moomins

moomins scared everyone and anyone

The creepy old girl thing was...urgh,

Agreed! Hate seeing that show!

The opening credits to classic Casualty really made me not want to look at the TV. Reminded me of that late night ITV show 999, which I shouldn't have watched as a 6 year old.

Agreed! Hate seeing that show!

I probably shouldn't have listed it because I loved every second of it and I still think it is brilliant. If only they would release the bloody things on DVD. They are impossible to find...:(

I used to watch Bottom. I remember one episode when Rick got his finger hut off and I felt like passing out. I must have been about 7. I watch it now and it is f*cking funny. Dave ftw.

I found Moomins a bit disturbing...I watched it at like 5.30 every morning, so my mind wasn't fully functioning, and the fact that it was a very quiet show. Often no music or dialogue. Plus the lack of anyone else living where they lived.

All very odd.

Thomas the Tank Engine seriously used to scare the shit out. The crazy situations gave me the shakes.

it was diesle, the black train who scared me. little white boy afraid of the black man. what would jessie jackson say? (Damn!?)

For me it was Spitting Image, some eps of X-Files and the music video to that Star Trekkin' song.