NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mundi

Diablo 3

Doublepost hurray.

Just to let you know: I'm off to buy the game now. :blank:

See you in Hell, brahs. :p

As the network was down I decided not play it last night but installed it this morning and updated it prior to going to work. I had no intention in buying this but it's been getting such good work of mouth I can't wait to have a crack at it. Noticed you get free items, one for joining Battlenet and one with a code. Will have to do that when I get home from work.

Noticed you get free items, one for joining Battlenet and one with a code.

The items suck. You'll replace them really quickly :p

Things people should enable/disable from the options menu:

Elective Mode (gives you more freedom in choosing your skills)

Display Player Health Bars (not really necessary, but may help if you have healing skills)

Display Monster Health Bars (great if you have to focus enemies in higher difficulties)

Display Healing/Damage/Critical Damage Numbers (not necessary, but if you like to know you're damage output it's awesome)

TURN OFF AUTO-EQUIP ITEMS

Show Advanced Tooltips (more information when selecting skills, important)

Oh man, just started. Level two...already hooked again. :blank:

I don't bother turning off auto-equip. It only really affects you for about 4 levels. It only auto equips if you have nothing in the slot already.

I don't bother turning off auto-equip. It only really affects you for about 4 levels. It only auto equips if you have nothing in the slot already.

Oh, they must've changed it then. I remember in the PS3 version the game auto-equipped items that had higher base damage/armor than the ones you were wearing.

I had a read on some forums last night about this, i was wondering how i hadn't died yet and why it was so easy! Anyway basically on normal i take no damage and never ever get close to dying, wacked it two levels higher where you get 150% bonus gold and xp and voila, not dying, but the game is a bit more challenging and i got 3 levels really quickly!

Basically play on the highest level you can while still flying through the game and enjoying yourself!

I had a read on some forums last night about this, i was wondering how i hadn't died yet and why it was so easy!

Oh, you'll remember the times on Normal when you start playing on Torment, my friend :p

But Normal and Hard are really easy, I agree. Even Expert isn't that difficult.

Edit: I shit you not. 60 seconds after I posted this...I died :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

Haha! What level are you playing on?! Ooo i hope i get a nemesis now!

Expert. Had the 'pleasure' of fighting against Champions with the Waller-attribute...not good for a Demon Hunter :laughing:

Edit: Thanks for the Crossbow @somme :) Can't send you anything in return. Haven't reached your level, yet, and therefore haven't found items useful to you :p

Edited by drahkon

Expert. Had the 'pleasure' of fighting against Champions with the Waller-attribute...not good for a Demon Hunter :laughing:

Edit: Thanks for the Crossbow @somme :) Can't send you anything in return. Haven't reached your level, yet, and therefore haven't found items useful to you :p

hehe no worries. Hope it was useful!

I am definitely addicted to Diablo all over again. Gotta. Get. That. Loot!

I am definitely addicted to Diablo all over again.

Yeah, I thought I had enough of Diablo as I've spent hours on the PC version. But playing this with the DS4 is somehow weirdly refreshing. : peace:

Edit: Good Lord, I'm just blasting through the game :D Reached Act IV already and almost level 40. I just wish you could look up your playtime (can do it on the PC version, apparently can't on the PS4 version)...well...maybe it's better I don't know...I may have played the game for 8 hours today...

@Daft are you enjoying it? I've seen you were in Act II (probably almost done with it) :)

Edited by drahkon

Yeah, fucking love it. Never played Diablo before and this is awesome. Still getting use to everything. And yeah, like you bumped the difficulty up two, I think to Expert. It now feels about normal. I kind of want to put the difficulty up again but it's locked, any reason for that?

How long is this game meant to be? Five acts seems kind of short.

Its takes a while to get through all the Acts but also you will replay the campaign multiple times on the new difficulties to get better loot.

That doesn't sound amazingly fun. Are things mixed up at least?

Whats the Diablo 3 part and the Reaper of Souls bit?

I think the Reaper of Souls bit is the last act, I never bought the dlc on PC though so can't say for sure.

Its only really the difficulty and drops that are different in the new game plus runs. I guess it'll just be one of those things where if you are invested in your character then you will keep playing. The Diablo games have a way of getting their hooks into you though.

I kind of want to put the difficulty up again but it's locked, any reason for that?

Trust me, right now you don't want to play on a higher difficulty. Torment will fuck you up good. Don't even think about playing Torment until you're level 70 and have reasonable equipment.

Doing Torment IV or higher is soooooo difficult solo, even when you have good equipment (Witch Doctor is an exception...there's one build...HOLY SHIT, MINIONS EVERYWHERE).

How long is this game meant to be? Five acts seems kind of short.

Well, as I've said: 8 hours in and still haven't finished Act IV. 12-15 hours for one playthrough may be short but as @Happenstance said: You'll probably play it so much more :D

As soon as you're done with the quest, Adventure mode opens up. And with that Nephalim Rifts, which are basically randomly generated areas where you have to kill monsters until a boss spawns.

I've played Diablo 3 on PC for a total of about 400 hours and I haven't even brought every class to level 70.

Also...after level 70, Paragon levels begin...

Aaaaaaand then there's the confirmed patch support for PS4/XBoxOne versions.

Patch 2.1.0 is currently in development for Windows, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. This patch will introduce exciting new features and content to Ultimate Evil Edition on next-gen platforms, including (but not limited to) Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, new Legendary powers, and the Vault—a mysterious realm filled with untold riches, located just beyond a Treasure Goblin's portal.

Yeah...

Whats the Diablo 3 part and the Reaper of Souls bit?

Happenstance got it right. Diablo 3 is Act I - IV and RoS is Act V.

tl;dr

If you enjoy the game and want to find the perfect gear for your character...this game ain't short :p

Couple of tips for anybody who hasn't figured out everything:

Holding L2 will allow you to focus on the enemy you were currently aiming at. Incredibly useful for Wizards and Demon Hunters.

Pressing the up-directional button allows you to cycle through recently picked up items and equip/drop them or tag them as junk. Equipping/dropping is stupid outside of the main character window, but tagging items as junk is so much faster that way.

Investing into your follower of choice is recommended.

Edit: Finished the game. Holy shit. I've been playing pretty much all day...Haven't done something like this in a loooooooooooooong time. Feels good :laughing:

Adventure Mode, here I come.

Edit²: Patch 2.1.0 is supposed to be out this week on PC. Console users have to wait longer as no release date has been set for those versions.

The following previews have got me excited, though.

44VBL8JQ9RXC1408507704106.jpg

IH0AM156TZYN1407890085798.jpg

K6H7ZNAS75AI1407906211684.jpg

I'll probably refrain from playing the PC version, as I want to make the PS4 version my go-to-game :)

Edited by drahkon

Have they made the game easier for PS4? Last time I played all the way through on normal/hard, by the end of the game was only level 32.

This time I'm level 38-ish before fighting Azmodan, playing the whole thing on Master difficulty.

Probably would've played all day myself if I hadn't had housework to do :p Wizard is so fucking fun. Freeze AOE + Explosive AOE = amazing.

Have they made the game easier for PS4? Last time I played all the way through on normal/hard, by the end of the game was only level 32.

This time I'm level 38-ish before fighting Azmodan, playing the whole thing on Master difficulty.

Master gives you a 225% XP boost, while Hard only has a 75% XP bonus. That's probably why you're level 38 already.

The game is as difficult as the PC version. If you haven't died, yet, don't worry. Sooner or later you'll encounter some annoying Champions (Waller + Arcane Enchanted + Extra Health ...............) :p

I mean it's easier because I'm flying through Master when I struggled with Hard before. Maybe I've just got a better understanding of weapons/gear now. I have died a few times but I never really worry about that unless I've got one of those XP pool bonuses, the gear punishment is really a joke since repairing can be done any time and costs relatively little.

I mean it's easier because I'm flying through Master when I struggled with Hard before. Maybe I've just got a better understanding of weapons/gear now.

That's probably it. The game is all about stats and when you put a little time into it, the game gets a bit easier.

the gear punishment is really a joke since repairing can be done any time and costs relatively little.

Yeah, dying in this game is nothing horrible. On Torment it can be annoying sometimes. You could die 10 times against one elite and its minions and if your equipment breaks the costs can be quite high.

Also: If you want a bit of a challenge, try Hardcore mode. Die once -> Character gone.

As soon as my Demon Hunter is Level 70 I'll start a Hardcore character. Not sure which class, though. Maybe Crusader. : peace:

Where is The Last of Us stuff in this?

“Everything else in Adventure Mode is randomized, so with this one time roll you’ll enter a Nephalem Rift and find a dungeon with an ominous yellow spore effect and enemies from The Last of Us,” Mosqueira confirmed. “There’s always going to be a chance when you enter a Nephalem Rift that it’s going to be The Last of Us.”

Ebbert provided a few more details, “The new Nephalem Rift has a great theme and a weather set inspired by The Last of Us, plus you’ll see certain enemies like Bloaters, Clickers and Stalkers showing up to fight.”

Source

Finish the main story line, start Adventure mode, complete bounties and enter Nephalem Rifts.

Have done one Rift, but not encountered any Clickers or Bloaters :laughing:

I've done about five rifts and not come across any TLOU stuff yet.

And the game does seem easier on PS4. I still haven't died yet, whereas on PC I died against a few elites on hard.

And the game does seem easier on PS4. I still haven't died yet, whereas on PC I died against a few elites on hard.

Well, on hard I haven't died either, but on Expert/Master I have. Some elites and champions are really strong :blank: Especially since the Demon Hunter is not suited for close-quarter combat :D

But maybe it's because I still have 4-5 shit items equipped which give me a 30% XP boost but suck in pretty much every other stat :laughing:

Iv not died yet, don't fancy the hardcore mode though!!!

Also, thanks for the sword drak, its freaking awesome.

Sign in to follow this