N-Europe

Nintendo64 Appreciation Day

We have to have a day dedicated to shooters, ie. Star Fox 64. It's a game that's often overlooked in retrospectives, but it's easily the best 3D shooter to have appeared on a Nintendo console and surely ranks as one of the finest sequels ever. It was also a landmark in that it was the first console game to feature rumble (the rumble pak was bundled with it). I still have the game's huge box on my shelf - I remember walking around town with it after I bought it, thinking how awesome it was. :cool:

EDGE did a brilliant feature on the game in their last issue, it's well worth a read.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10866&Itemid=51

That's what Saturday is - a Day dedicated to shooters. The FPS genre. :)

And to find out what's going on Sunday - check back Saturday evening for a run-down of the day's proceedings/impressions...and also about which genre we'll be tackling on Sunday.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well by shooters I didn't mean FPS. I meant the real thing. ;)

I think for arguments sake, and for time, we'll put all shooters into the one category? Maybe. Hmm.

So guys, today is the day to rock out the shooters on the N64.

I'll be playing Goldeneye. :)

I just bought Wave Race 64 and ISS 64 for 99p each off ebay! I think I might buy all the games I wanted but never got seeing as theyre so cheap now.

Bagains! Wave race is still amazing :D

UPDATE: Friends are coming round in about an hour to hammer Goldeneye multiplayer and then Perfect Dark! Woo!

Bagains! Wave race is still amazing :D

UPDATE: Friends are coming round in about an hour to hammer Goldeneye multiplayer and then Perfect Dark! Woo!

Mate, will you be able to grab pictures and upload them? Take pictures of you and your mates having fun.

Also, you meeting with others during the week? Cos we could take as many as possible then.

I just found the bag of N64 games. I forgot that some of mine went missing a few years ago.

What I have:

Banjo-Kazooie

Donkey Kong 64

Perfect Dark

GoldenEye

The World is Not Enough

Quake II

GoldenEye

Turok Rage Wars

F-1 World Grand Prix

South Park Rally

Mario Kart 64

1080 Snowboarding

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Worms Armageddon

I just found the bag of N64 games. I forgot that some of mine went missing a few years ago.

What I have:

Banjo-Kazooie

Donkey Kong 64

Perfect Dark

GoldenEye

The World is Not Enough

Quake II

GoldenEye

Turok Rage Wars

F-1 World Grand Prix

South Park Rally

Mario Kart 64

1080 Snowboarding

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Worms Armageddon

Dude, if you could play some Turok and Quake II for us, that would be awesome. We need some comments and impressions to go on for tonight.

Or, the world is not enough.

Right I've had enough of this. First GoldenEye... then PD... now Turok and Quake (all great games, I won't deny it) but... come on! Duke Nukem! I'll break out the N64 later purely to have another run though Duke, a Dukematch or two against the Duke-bots and then I'll get some impressions posted.

You were talking about the one-liners in Lylat Wars the other day... well Duke has them too. Show it some appreciation. :weep:(I might not actually play it later... but if you keep overlooking it I'll be forced to take action... can't be bothered getting out the N64 though!)

I apologize for my n00bness, but I can only suggest the titles I have on VC. So for me it's

Sin and Punishment (so it really WILL be the VC adopters for this one)

Lylat Wars

Oh, and I do have Ocarina on WW Special Edition.

I'm glad you have Ocarina, because it will feature at somepoint during the week.

which duke nukem is that, 64 or the zero hour one?

Also did anyone ever play Turok ? I just looked on ebay and its going for 32 quid with about a day left.

Duke Nukem 64. Its a souped up version of Duke Nukem 3D, the PC FPS. Zero Hour is a third person caper and is fully 3D... good in its own right, but the FPS is my favourite. If you can get it for a good price then do! Only downside I ever saw to it was that you need a memory card to save.

Any hint of what day will be for platformers? I'm gonna take Mr Bogus advice and make a go of DK64 and see if I can find some quality in it. He will be playing it too, so that someone will be able to praise it if I inevitably end up disliking. At the very least, let me get a head start on playing it and don't make platformer day tomorrow. :o

I was dissapointed that they weren't any decent figthing games on the system (except for smash bros of course) i had expected to see SF Alpha or something but learned of the legal wranglings.. Golden eye was one of my favs though