N-Europe

Stars Bonus!

Supercube

Couldn't see anything else posted about this, so here goes.

You will soon be able to get an EXTRA 50 stars for registering certain games if you add a bonus icon to your account. This will be for certain games that you know you will get on release or quite near it ( within 2 weeks ). Check the official website for details.

Initial games are the new Mystery Dungeon ones, Cooking Guide DS, and Smash Bros. Brawl. Kinda makes up for not getting the free 5 stars each day I suppose!

What the feck is this?!?!!?

http://nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/starsCatalogueCheckout_p2.do?starsItemId=5C0C837AAB4D446281D525906FE535C4

I had to wait for two fracking hours to get ONE GODDAMNED RACE in Leeds city centre and face defeat at the hands of a teenager dressed as Naruto to get that fracking keyring and now it's effectively free?!?!?! HULK SMASH!!!

Oh yeah, stars bonus is a great feature.

What the feck is this?!?!!?

http://nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/starsCatalogueCheckout_p2.do?starsItemId=5C0C837AAB4D446281D525906FE535C4

I had to wait for two fracking hours to get ONE GODDAMNED RACE in Leeds city centre and face defeat at the hands of a teenager dressed as Naruto to get that fracking keyring and now it's effectively free?!?!?! HULK SMASH!!!

Oh yeah, stars bonus is a great feature.

I feel your pain...lol! I was quite tempted by that keyring, being completely in love with the game even now, but I have to save my Wii points for Wii Ware!

This Stars bonus thing may encourage people to register their stars earlier, rather than do like me ( and possibly you too perhaps ) and store old star cards until they're needed! This is usually the wise thing to do in the light of recent panic about stars being deleted, so maybe it's a sign that Nintendo nintendto have more items/points available in the future.

I hate this whole Stars to Wii points thing, my Wii's not online yet so I can't sync up my Shopping Channel with my Stars account, thus can purchase bugger all!

Why can't we just buy cards in the Stars catalogue!

I'm sure you're not alone in your plight but the vast majority of Wii owners WILL be online and clearly Nintendo are catering for them with a view that if you ain't online, you cain't download no games anyhow!:heh:

You must have a friend who's online, so why not pop over to his place and get your Wii set up on his broadband connection and do your downloading there for now. If you're in the position where your stars are going to be deleted, then you may have to consider a sleepover in order to get some Wii points with your stars...lol!

I hate this whole Stars to Wii points thing, my Wii's not online yet so I can't sync up my Shopping Channel with my Stars account, thus can purchase bugger all!

Why can't we just buy cards in the Stars catalogue!

Eh? Thats pretty much how its done...you dont have to have it synced for it?

Couldn't see anything else posted about this, so here goes.

You will soon be able to get an EXTRA 50 stars for registering certain games if you add a bonus icon to your account. This will be for certain games that you know you will get on release or quite near it ( within 2 weeks ). Check the official website for details.

Initial games are the new Mystery Dungeon ones, Cooking Guide DS, and Smash Bros. Brawl. Kinda makes up for not getting the free 5 stars each day I suppose!

I posted about this a few weeks ago in the "omg, the stars are going thread"

I posted about this a few weeks ago in the "omg, the stars are going thread"

Ah, I thought this was the first time they'd had it on the site, my apologies.

As for the synching thing, you have to be online because your shop account is on your Wii and only accessible therefrom and your stars account is online at nintendo.co.uk, so they can only "talk" to each other via the internet.

Eh? Thats pretty much how its done...you dont have to have it synced for it?
Yeh you do...
As for the synching thing, you have to be online because your shop account is on your Wii and only accessible therefrom and your stars account is online at nintendo.co.uk, so they can only "talk" to each other via the internet.
What Supercube said!

It doesn't add stars to your account, you only get a code. Have you tried to purchase them Retro?
This is what I've been doin:

Sign into my Club Nintendo account on Nintendo-Europe,

Click on Wii Points Card Shop [on right of screen],

Get re-directed to Wii Points Card Shop,

Re-enter Nintendo-Europe username and password,

and it says this:

Access denied

ERR-0300

Perhaps you made a typing mistake, or your Club Nintendo account is not yet linked to your Wii Shop Channel account. Do you want to try again?

There's also this page explaining it:

https://wiipointscard.nintendo-europe.com/php/index.php?lang=en_GB&content=tutorial1

Why does it matter if you're not online anyway?

I think R_L's point is that he has quite a few stars to use up but can't buy any Wii points with them because he's not online with his Wii console and hence his stars are pretty much useless otherwise. If you could buy a points card in the Stars Cat. the code of which could be sent to you by email, then people could at least keep their codes until they were online...right?

I think R_L's point is that he has quite a few stars to use up but can't buy any Wii points with them because he's not online with his Wii console and hence his stars are pretty much useless otherwise. If you could buy a points card in the Stars Cat. the code of which could be sent to you by email, then people could at least keep their codes until they were online...right?
Yep Exactly!

The current method of buying points with stars is like that, i don't know why you need to have your Wii linked to your account, cuz they don't send the points to your console, they give you code as if you bought a card at a store..... that is assuming you even get online before these "virtual" cards SELL OUT.....once again WTF PEOPLE?????

The current method of buying points with stars is like that, i don't know why you need to have your Wii linked to your account, cuz they don't send the points to your console, they give you code as if you bought a card at a store..... that is assuming you even get online before these "virtual" cards SELL OUT.....once again WTF PEOPLE?????

Yes indeed, Retro_Link, seeing as your stars will buy you a Wii point CODE which is kept in a list until such time as you can use it, you are free to get as many points as your stars will allow or you manage to spot! No, they don't last long but 200 people ( per group of cards ) clearly find them at some stage. As noted in the other topic about stars going out, some were spotted nearly every day/night, so it just requires a little extra effort/patience.

But I don't think you can't get onto the wii points store unless your account is linked with the shop channel, that's the reason he can't buy them!

Ah yes, I had a feeling there was a catch! I had linked my Wii to the Club Nintendo section long before the conversion eventually surfaced, so it was automatic for me and many others no doubt. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to obtain Wii points with stars, with or without the link, for the advantage we've mentioned.

• 9 months later...

I've not seen this before - appologies if its been posted. Certain WiiWare titles in my Games and Systems list on Club Nintendo are showing a 'claim 50 stars' tag which leads to a questionnaire. Both LostWinds and World of Goo show this tag (although WOG is a broken link).

Worth checking if you've not done so already.

Nice find. Haven't checked the links, but (at least) these titles also have a bonus:

Onslaught

Earthworm Jim

Bomberman Blast

BIO MIRACLE BOKUTTE UPA

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King

LostWinds

Cho Aniki

Double Dragon

Impossible Mission

Kid Icarus

R-TYPE

Well spotted, time to earn myself some more points! Great opportunity to tell Nintendo exactly what I think of Wario Ware Snapped..

EDIT: I've now got exactly 100 items registered on the site! :awesome:

Edited by Mike

Nice, didn't know about this, I've got loads of games to register. Too bad they don't have anywhere to complain about the older VC games that don't work on my HDTV.

Super Punch Out page doesn't work mind.