N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:

I did you hope you were kidding. I did hear he wanted to move back to england with his Welsh wife. He will not suite the strip at all. Worst career move ever for him and a number of players including chimbonda. Players who have already established themselves with big clubs who play in europe. Playing for a bottom quater team as shite as the mackems is a no no.

However much their fans would have you believe, Tottenham aren't a big club. Common misconception though, you can be excused this time.

Mackems building up a team of wife beaters! Who next, Ike Turner?

No matter who we get, no-one comes close to Barton when it comes to dishing out a beating.

England 1 down already. Shite as usual...We don't know what to do in the final third. :shakehead

EDIT: Brian Barwick leaving at the end of the year...GET IN. And Silvestre has signed for Arsenal.

More like he is going senile in his old age :p

I see England were as crap as ever tonight. Actually, no. They were worse than any recent game. Utterly embarrassing. Why didn't we give Abgonlahor, Walcott a chance instead of Heskey the donkey and why on earth were we playing Gerrard on the left?

Capello hasn't got a clue.

Silvestre to Arsenal. A hint that Fergie doesn't consider Arsenal to be big rivals, anymore?

If Fergie truly believes that then he shouldn't be a manger anymore. I imagine Silvestre went to Fergie and said he would quite like a move to Arsenal and after 9 years at the club he was granted his wish. Still baffled as to why Arsenal want him. He's 5th best CB and 2nd best LB at the club.

Silvestre to Arsenal. A hint that Fergie doesn't consider Arsenal to be big rivals, anymore?

Possibly, but a bit arrogant if that is his thinking.

Personally I see it as allowing a loyal Man Utd player to leave after 9 of what will most likely be his best years to go to another team. Initially I was annoyed, he's been a rival player for so long and he's very injury prone.

Then I started to think maybe he can be Sol the second, come from a rival and bring something to the team. We'll have to wait a see, I just hope this isn't Arsene's extra body and that he'll sign a midfielder.

Watched the aftermath of the Scotland/N.Ireland game tonight and Healy is off to Sunderland in the morning for a chat with Roy the boy. :blank:

Really not sure if Healy is a deecnt PL striker. Form seems to allude him when he hasn't got a N.Ireland shirt on. Roy could change that though. If he can turn Nyron Nosworthy into a semi-decent CB and all...

Cisse, Chopra, Jones, Murphy, Prica, Healy?, Stokes, O'Donovan, Waghorn, Connelly...ffs.

So many strikers?! Healy seems a strange signing imo.

If Fergie truly believes that then he shouldn't be a manger anymore. I imagine Silvestre went to Fergie and said he would quite like a move to Arsenal and after 9 years at the club he was granted his wish. Still baffled as to why Arsenal want him. He's 5th best CB and 2nd best LB at the club.

Possibly, but a bit arrogant if that is his thinking.

Personally I see it as allowing a loyal Man Utd player to leave after 9 of what will most likely be his best years to go to another team. Initially I was annoyed, he's been a rival player for so long and he's very injury prone.

Then I started to think maybe he can be Sol the second, come from a rival and bring something to the team. We'll have to wait a see, I just hope this isn't Arsene's extra body and that he'll sign a midfielder.

Heh, it was mainly just me saying that to wind up the Arsenal fan(s) a little. :heh:

Anyway, I'll be sad to see him go. Its always like that when you see players who have been with your team for a long time, to see them move on. He may be our second best left back, but he's served us well. Hope he goes on to do ok at Arsenal.

With the England game, hmm. The first half was actually a pretty decent performance, excluding when England conceded the goal. Thought Wes Brown did well to get onto the end of that header, so well done to him.

That second half though, haha. Jesus, was it the same team playing?

Pretty delighted we seem to have got Djibril Cisse on a seasons loan. Should score a couple of goals for us and is certainly better than Murphy.

It appears that Keano loves the temperamental players. Or maybe just "mental" ones.

Great signing.

I think it is a good signing for you guys. Sad too see Djibril leave Marseille as he is a goal scorer and a good character around the team. He was not gonna be first choice though and he wants to get back in the french squad plus his wife and kids still live in england so he wanted to come back.

Suprised Marseille let him go on loan though.. He should do well, as long as sunderland can create chances he will score goals. Cisse is not the hardest working player sometimes but Roy Keane must know this already.. :)

I like Cisse, as a player, but he rejected city to go to the mackems. Its touch and go whether hell be a success, and to be honest, I think he will score 3 goals between now and the end of the season. But that will still be more than Healy will score, who seems to only like internationals

I like Cisse, as a player, but he rejected city to go to the mackems. Its touch and go whether hell be a success, and to be honest, I think he will score 3 goals between now and the end of the season. But that will still be more than Healy will score, who seems to only like internationals

Yeah I thought he would go City. But with all the madness going on at that club maybe it is best to stay away..

That's it, Jav! Get into the spirit of it all! :grin:

We WILL do well this season; Maybe we'll get far in the UEFA Cup, maybe we'll come close to winning a trophy, maybe we'll finish comfortably in 5th. But as we're only one game into the season, I don't want to get ahead of myself.

I'm still backing Villa to win the UEFA cup, I'm so confident of it happening, I'm going to place £5 on it next time I'm in a bookies. Wonder what odds I'll get.

Im thinking of betting that! Im new to this betting stuff as I turn 18 in September. Do I keep the odds at the time of my bet?

EDIT: on second thoughts I dont think Aston Villa will beat AC Milan... nah

Villa could easily beat AC Milan. Man City beat AC like 2 weeks ago (it was a friendly, but my point doesn't work if I don't include it) and Villa just beat Man City so according to playground rules, Villa are better than AC Milan!

Anyway, betting is all about risks as it'd be crap otherwise.

You keep the odds you get at the time of betting so it usually means you get the better odds the earlier you bet.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!