• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree with you, mate.

The one that stuck in my mind, and will forever send shivers down my spine is:

"Can Manchester United score? They ALWAYS SCORE."

Then, barely minutes after:

"And Solskjaer has won it!"

Same here mate! Also the last minute goal he scored against the scouse in FA Cup Semi Final to win it....amazing

The mere mention of Bergkamp's name will always remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlBHTyB1R0

Edit by Charlie: Took away the noob mistake. You only need the exlBHTyB1R0 part in the youtube tags. :heh:

I remember during Euro 2004 there was a programme on after a match with funny stuff about football and they had a fake competition. The question being "Who scored this goal in the 1998 World Cup?" and then showed that footage. T'was rather funny.

Good result tonight for the Gunners but our performance was worrying. Our midfield of Denilson and Ramsey was awful...we need Cesc in there. Eboue was shit as usual, I don't understand what Wenger sees in him. Our midfield was practically non existent.

On the other hand, I thought Djourou had an excellent game.

Hope Wenger buys a DMF soon....our squad is pretty thin in that area!

Ramsey and Denilson are still both young, and although they weren't that effective, it's good experience for them. I'm sure had Cesc and Diaby been fit both would be playing.

Walcott was a bit quiet tonight, Eboue just no comment. I thought the defence played well but suffered from lapses of concentration. And Adebayor and Van Persie pretty much weren't in the game.

At the end of the day results count not performances.

Ramsey and Denilson are still both young, and although they weren't that effective, it's good experience for them. I'm sure had Cesc and Diaby been fit both would be playing.

Walcott was a bit quiet tonight, Eboue just no comment. I thought the defence played well but suffered from lapses of concentration. And Adebayor and Van Persie pretty much weren't in the game.

At the end of the day results count not performances.

Yeh, you're right but I just can't help feeling slightly pessimistic about us this season....what annoys me even more are that the pundits have now come out in force, saying that Spurs are gonna break into the top 4 and its gonna be us who lose out on CL :indeed: :indeed:

I'm having a bit of deja vu here....

Damn that Liverpool display was awful! Ugly passing, no movement and Robbie Keane is not worth £20m.

next big star to come out of France will be Hatem Ben Arfa.. His dribbling skills are crazy, he was brilliant for Marseille last night.. 1-0 win away so should in the champions league come september.. :)

Damn that Liverpool display was awful! Ugly passing, no movement and Robbie Keane is not worth £20m.

next big star to come out of France will be Hatem Ben Arfa.. His dribbling skills are crazy, he was brilliant for Marseille last night.. 1-0 win away so should in the champions league come september.. :)

Ben Arfa is quality and I still can't believe he moved form Lyon to Marseille.

Ben Arfa is quality and I still can't believe he moved form Lyon to Marseille.

He was very unhappy at Lyon as he never played enough 1st team football. Rumors are him and Benzema didnt like each other so it was like they were selling Ben Arfa to keep Benzema sweet. Towards the end of last season it got bad. His teamates were celebrating without him and people say all the Lyon coaching staff even wanted him to leave the club. I heard Ben Arfa turned down Roma and Atletico Madrid as he wanted to remain in france with Marseille. Strange they sold him to there biggest title rivals in Marseille considering the history between the clubs and the whole Ribery saga a few years earlier. Maybe Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulus was really telling the truth when he said he wanted Ben Arfa to stay in the ligue 1 so it keeps French Football strong.

Purchased my tickets for Marseille vs Monaco today.. South Coast Derby in september should be good fun.. :)

Yeah, that seems to be what I read, It's only a good thing for French football. and I do think Ben Arfa is quality just a little young though at the moment but I could see him joining one of the big European clubs at some point.

He's still young and will get better and with that maturity.

I hope so, because right now he's on my list of players who I wouldn't play because they're wankers. :heh:

Current people are, in no particular order, DJibril Cisse (for spitting on people loads of times), Joey Barton (for being a thug), Lee Bowyer (likewise), Mutu (cocaine), Artur Boruc (shit-stirrer) and possibly a few others I can't think of.

Please Artur Boruc only gives out half the shit he takes ;)

and I love him for it :D

speaking of Mutu, what do people make of the fact FIFA have ordered him to pay Chelsea £13 million?

I think it's total bullshit tbh, if you sack someone you can't come back 3 years later and say oh now you've got your life sorted we want money from you.

It's Chelsea's own fault, he's hardly the only Premiership player doing drugs, he's just the only one unlucky enough to be caught

if they really wanted a fee for him they should have held onto his registration and forced someone to buy him from them

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!