Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, thats equalled Liverpools 18 premier league trophies. When will Fergie stop? If he wins another champions league it will be soon after that I think. 1 more season maybe?

For the sake of being picky Liverpool have never won the Premier League, but yeah Man United have equalled Liverpool's record of top tier league trophies.

Anyway, congrats to Man Utd. Had you on the back foot for most of the game, and it was good to see us actually turn up to a match. Just a shame we didn't play like that in the matches we've bottled recently.

For the sake of being picky Liverpool have never won the Premier League, but yeah Man United have equalled Liverpool's record of top tier league trophies.

Anyway, congrats to Man Utd. Had you on the back foot for most of the game, and it was good to see us actually turn up to a match. Just a shame we didn't play like that in the matches we've bottled recently.

I think Man Utd will play like this against barcelona you know. They will push lots of men behind the ball like they did today.

There is gonna be no dream CL final you know.

I've pretty much been celebrating since midday today. First off, I have to say that Arsenal really performed well today, and look like a totally different side with Arshavin in the game. Sure, it wasn't the most thrilling of encounters, but it was more of a game than the recent Champions League fixtures

Also, yeah, Manchester United work hard as a team, and I think our main priority is to concede as few goals as possible. Today, we got the point we needed with a clean sheet and a less than spectacular result against Arsenal. You don't always need to go in all guns blazing. Sure, you can do that, but you risk getting caught. You won't catch this team drawing 3-3 very often.

Overall, I'm pleased with how we've played this season. At times, our football has been great, and at other times it has seemed like the opposite, although sometimes as a fan you are a lot more critical than you probably should be, haha. Hats off definitely go to particular players such as John O'shea, who has played 52 times this season, and 29 of those in the league, if I'm correct. For somebody who is considered to be a utility player, he has done really fucking well. 29 premier league games is equal to that of Steven Gerrard for Liverpool and quite a few more than Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas, who are both core members of their teams. If we have our squad coming in like this and performing well, you always know that you can achieve big.

So, my personal recognition goes to plays like O'shea, Fletcher and young Johnny Evans. They've come in, done the job, and allowed us to keep the ball rolling. We could not have won the league this without their contributions. It's not easy coming in and filling in for others, but they've done superb.

Finally, huge credit to Liverpool. You did well to push for the league this season, and you almost did it. The last few seasons of the Premier League have been nail-biting at times, and that's how it should be. Thank you for being great rivals and for making this a good season.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Bollocks. Disallowed goal aside we've completely failed take the opportunity we made last week to haul ourselves out that this mess. Now we need something at Villa Park and we've got to cross our fingers that everyone else does us a favour as well.

Also, sorry DuD

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/309928/West-Brom-striker-Roman-Bednar-is-pictured-brazenly-buying-a-pound420-bag-of-COCAINE-and-CANNABIS-from-a-drug-dealer.html

A PREMIER League soccer star is caught preparing for his club's relegation battle . . . by scoring a £420 bag of COCAINE and CANNABIS from a drug dealer.

West Brom striker Roman Bednar is pictured brazenly buying drugs from a peddler in a Merc outside his home only hours after playing in his side's win against Wigan last weekend.

Scott McDonald useless, Samaras a complete joke, JVOH not good enough. Paul Hartley a complete waste. Lee Naylor shocking.

All these need to be sold! Why the Celtic Board never supplied the money for a new striker I will never know. Thats all Celtic really needed! Instead they sign Willo Flood who is clearly not good enough.

If Celtic dont win the league I cant see how Strachan can keep his job. Some of his team selections have been shocking. Hartley should not of even been on the pitch today, you need to win so why the hell is a Defensive Midfield player who offers nothing on the pitch for 90mins.

Edited by khilafah

West Brom really should have gotten a draw at least on their second half chances. The Kyut counter goal really seemed to put it beyond West Brom. Also shame about the disallowed goal and Penalty.

Well considering the cross into what may have been a penalty should have been offside anyway I dont think that matters.

I thought they played well for the first 15 mins or so but I dont think they deserved even a draw.

Im not bothered about them going down though, they were kind of a nothing team on my radar this season (im not saying they were crap, I just never really noticed them). Id much rather see Hull stay up after their impressive start to the season.

Well considering the cross into what may have been a penalty should have been offside anyway I dont think that matters.

I thought they played well for the first 15 mins or so but I dont think they deserved even a draw.

Im not bothered about them going down though, they were kind of a nothing team on my radar this season (im not saying they were crap, I just never really noticed them). Id much rather see Hull stay up after their impressive start to the season.

At least West Brom play football the right way unlike a few other clubs in the EPL. I wanted them to stay up as they keep the ball on the floor and try and pass there way through teams. They just needed a couple of real quality strikers!

I don't know what happenstance was watching??? but i'd say we deserved a point for our performance throughout the whole match.

Theres not much point moaning about decisions, and overall I thought the referee had a decent game. We had our chances (some pretty fucking decent ones), and we didn't make them count. Can't really say much else. I was dissapointed with Martis' mistake but shit happens.. i hope he doesn't dwell on it.

Well done to the team. Well done to Tony. It's been a tough season.

I'm upset we're down (obviously) but i'm really proud of the performance today and the fans were as brilliant as ever. Loved when our fans drowned out you'll never walk alone with boos. Haha.... you'll never what..?

Bye Bye Premier league. Hopefully we'll be back soon. Enjoy your 6 points from those dingle bastards from down the road =)

:weep:

I don't know what happenstance was watching??? but i'd say we deserved a point for our performance throughout the whole match.

Theres not much point moaning about decisions, and overall I thought the referee had a decent game. We had our chances (some pretty fucking decent ones), and we didn't make them count. Can't really say much else. I was dissapointed with Martis' mistake but shit happens.. i hope he doesn't dwell on it.

Well done to the team. Well done to Tony. It's been a tough season.

I'm upset we're down (obviously) but i'm really proud of the performance today and the fans were as brilliant as ever. Loved when our fans drowned out you'll never walk alone with boos. Haha.... you'll never what..?

Bye Bye Premier league. Hopefully we'll be back soon. Enjoy your 6 points from those dingle bastards from down the road =)

:weep:

you should bounce straight back dude.. WBA will easily be the best playing football side in the Championship. You lot should score loads of goals!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!