NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I'm pretty annoyed we didn't beat Doncaster. Not only should we have shit 'em, but because it means I now have an extra day of work. :nono:

Forgot to mention, the quality of Carricks ball to Berbatov was phenomenal. Caught the centre backs off guard because it was played first time on the half-volley, dinked it over the top and Berbs finished nicely.

It's about time he was recognised as a regular England player. Carrick is superb and you know what your gonna get. He's always consistent imo. Unlike Gerrard/Lampard in an England shirt.

Haha, people on the BBC 606 pages have been comprising a Manchester United team filled with players who are currently on the injury list, or have picked up suspected injuries after today's game.

Here is the line up. *copy and pasted*

GK: Ferdinand

LB: Evra

CB: Evans

CB: Brown

RB: Rafael

LMF: Park

CMF: Hargreeves

CMF: Anderson

RMF: Ronaldo

SS: Rooney

CF: Welbeck

Subs: Fabio, Nani

Arguably, this is stronger than the team that probably will play the next game. Scrap that...this IS stronger.

Haha, people on the BBC 606 pages have been comprising a Manchester United team filled with players who are currently on the injury list, or have picked up suspected injuries after today's game.

Here is the line up. *copy and pasted*

GK: Ferdinand

LB: Evra

CB: Evans

CB: Brown

RB: Rafael

LMF: Park

CMF: Hargreeves

CMF: Anderson

RMF: Ronaldo

SS: Rooney

CF: Welbeck

Subs: Fabio, Nani

Arguably, this is stronger than the team that probably will play the next game. Scrap that...this IS stronger.

Yeah pretty worrying, But the squad is big enough to cope!

Both Liverpool and Arsenal forced to replays when both could easily have lost.

I had to turn off the Arsenal game, and it's just pure luck that The Karate Kid was on tv at the same time. I really can't stand watching them, and seeing the way they play can be so infuriating at times. I really fancied Cardiff to nick one.

Also, pretty disappointed that Everton couldn't hold on for the win, but the extra game for Liverpool will be a good thing. Mwhaha.

Despite being an Arsenal fan I have to agree, they really are just scrapping by now, become really ugly with so many players out.

Despite being an Arsenal fan I have to agree, they really are just scrapping by now, become really ugly with so many players out.

I know they often get criticised for both over-playing, or not being able to win ugly. But, you have to remember, this is Arsenal we're talking about. Not Reading, or Newport County. You compare this Arsenal squad to previous years, and the mind boggles. Where is the quality? I know Arsene is one for building, rebuilding and youth, but where are the results?

I don't hide my..."love" for Arsenal all that much, but I do fear that they'll just slide further down the table. Other teams are looking to progress, such as Aston Villa and Everton, and I do think it's just a matter of time until Arsenal pay the price for not keeping up.

Mm, think you might be right Flink. Once upon a time the name Arsenal used to instill me with fear when I saw it pop up as the next fixture, much like Man Utd and Liverpool still do to this day. I must say now, unfortunately, that this is no longer the case. They seem to have lost their edge, and my reasoning is that this is to do with Wenger. The sooner Arsenal get a new manager and a new view on things the better in my opinion.

Now, just to make it clear, I'm not doubting Arsene's ability. Look at what he's done for the club, and you can see that he is a good manager.

I think he just needs to assess the situation, and prioritise. The team seems to be in a permanent state of transition, and this needs to finally be resolved, soon.

Mm, think you might be right Flink. Once upon a time the name Arsenal used to instill me with fear when I saw it pop up as the next fixture, much like Man Utd and Liverpool still do to this day. I must say now, unfortunately, that this is no longer the case. They seem to have lost their edge, and my reasoning is that this is to do with Wenger. The sooner Arsenal get a new manager and a new view on things the better in my opinion.

We don't scare you... yet we're one of the teams that out played you and won on your own turf. Nice logic that..

And getting rid of Wenger is as ludicrous as Man Utd wanting to get rid of Ferguson. The same people were spouting shit about him when Chelsea were winning the league instead of Utd, now look at them.

Yesterday was a typical cup game, Cardiff were clearly up for it, the fact these nonsensical comments have come about doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, had a great time at Ninian Park yesterday, the Arsenal boys were out in force. Just a shame Cardiff is a bit of a shit hole, and that there was a few racist chants from them.

Whilst i'd agree united have injury woes, look at the list for west brom:

Jonas Olsson (knee)

Abdoulaye Meite (hamstring)

Leon Barnett (hamstring)

James Morrison (hamstring)

Luke Moore (hamstring)

Shelton Martis (hamstring)

Neil Clement (long term knee)

Ishmael Miller (long term knee)

Craig Beattie (tbc)

Jonathan Greening (Knee)

Ryan Donk (knee)

Gianni Zuiverloon (knee) although zuiverloon did make the bench against burnley

Whats worst about this list is all the players in red are defenders.

We might need to borrow a couple of players off united to field a starting 11 on tuesday night :(

I see Harry Redknapp would take Robbie Keane if he had the opportunity.. and, to be honest, if there ever was an interest from Tottenham I would be happy enough to get the majority of the £20million back before his value decreases further..

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I thought he was fantastic for Spurs and thought it could be a great singing when we bought him.. but it hasn't really worked out :hmm: ..he doesn't really seem to fit into the team, at least not Rafa's team anyway and I think that the lack of confidence Benitez showed in him, particularly during the absence of Torres, has affected him.

If Keane goes back to Spurs then they'll become more of a laughing stock. How many's that 'Arry has bought back?

Still think the mans doing an inside job, spending all that money on shit players only to get relegated come May. Southampton all over again.

Rio starts and Brown is on the bench! Very happy that they are both back. Just need Rooney to recover and we'll be away.

Important week this week with the 2 games. Must wins for all the top 5.

I see Harry Redknapp would take Robbie Keane if he had the opportunity.. and, to be honest, if there ever was an interest from Tottenham I would be happy enough to get the majority of the £20million back before his value decreases further..

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I thought he was fantastic for Spurs and thought it could be a great singing when we bought him.. but it hasn't really worked out :hmm: ..he doesn't really seem to fit into the team, at least not Rafa's team anyway and I think that the lack of confidence Benitez showed in him, particularly during the absence of Torres, has affected him.

harry says that about every player in the effort to unsettle the player

"i like x player and would love to have him here, I think the chairman has spoke to them about him but I dont know if they want to sell"

then he moans about someone in the club leaking the stories

Sloppy faced wanker

Anyway hope Portsmouth beat Villa today, think i'm the only person in the world who hates Martin O'Neill.

harry says that about every player in the effort to unsettle the player

"i like x player and would love to have him here, I think the chairman has spoke to them about him but I dont know if they want to sell"

then he moans about someone in the club leaking the stories

Sloppy faced wanker

Anyway hope Portsmouth beat Villa today, think i'm the only person in the world who hates Martin O'Neill.

How is it even possible to hate O'Neill? The guy just reminds me of Brains from Thunderbirds. :)

Plattymonster: I'm glad they're back, and we're getting somewhere now. Park is also back, too. :)

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a 3-0 for United tonight. One for Berbatov, and Two for Tevez.

I can dream. :heh:

We don't scare you... yet we're one of the teams that out played you and won on your own turf. Nice logic that.

There's nothing wrong with his logic. Arsenal have been Jekyll and Hyde all season, you don't know what team is gonna turn up nowadays. It doesn't help that Wenger insists on playing that useless runt Bendtner upfront and that hatchet man Eboue. I know Arsenal want to keep their head above water financially, but how far do you go? until your under 11's have reached puberty. As much as it pains me to say (I use to be a big fan of Arsenal) their name no longer strikes fear when I see it on a fixture list. It's a sad day when I'd rather be playing the Arsenal than Wigan.

Berbs is proving his worth again, I think he could be great next year.

Dunno what happened, but we're playing fucking awesome. Running rampant atm, and had 15 shots in the first half. COYS.

It doesn't help that Wenger insists on playing that useless runt Bendtner upfront and that hatchet man Eboue.

3 goals in the last 4 games... completely useless. Squad players, thats what they are.

If Eduardo, Walcott and Rosicky weren't injured then they'd be on the bench week in, week out. But that's not the case, so we have to use them.

Berbs is proving his worth again, I think he could be great next year.

He's great this season!

Also, two-nil up! Berbatov and Tevez...holy fuck, my prediction is coming true!

Although...a Paul Robinson sending off has just occured. Pretty harsh. As if West Brom didn't have it hard enough.

Haha, hey flinkington, what numbers should I do for the lotto tomorrow? :)

Haha, I'm keeping my luck for this game first.

Actually, if we win, what do you say that I give you some numbers and you actually put a quid on it?

I'm feeling fucking lucky tonight!

3 goals in the last 4 games... completely useless. Squad players, thats what they are.

If Eduardo, Walcott and Rosicky weren't injured then they'd be on the bench week in, week out. But that's not the case, so we have to use them.

You're right, player of the year there.

How many chances did he repeatedly miss at the start of the season?