N-Europe

The Road to Wimbledon- Who Will You Support?

darksnowman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Federer is looking tasty as ever. I just hope his "mental block" against Nadal doesn't make him choke in the final- should they meet. I'd love Nadal to get beat in the semi's, haha.

His "mental block" really only exists against Nadal on clay. Their head-to-head outside clay is 5-2 in Federer's favour. In the last match they played on a non-clay court, Federer won 6-4 6-1 in just under an hour.

Yeah, I know. But its always a nervous affair! In last years Wimbledon final I thought Nadal was gonna sneak it but luckily Federer pulled it together in the fifth. I would love for him to just steam roll Nadal this year. :grin:

Yeah hopefully! He has a point to prove this year. Maybe he'll have one of those matches; against Roddick in Australia last year, and against Hewitt in the US Open 2004.

Yeah, I know. But its always a nervous affair! In last years Wimbledon final I thought Nadal was gonna sneak it but luckily Federer pulled it together in the fifth. I would love for him to just steam roll Nadal this year. :grin:

The only reason I want Nadal to get to the final is so that Federer can destroy him. :)

What's up with all the Federer support? I'd like to see a change for once and have Nadal winning. One guy reigning supreme in a sport is far from great, Fed's worse than Schumi at the moment.

What's up with all the Federer support? I'd like to see a change for once and have Nadal winning. One guy reigning supreme in a sport is far from great, Fed's worse than Schumi at the moment.

Federer's incredibly talented and is a joy to watch. I went off Nadal a few years ago when his game was all about power and he couldn't play on any surface other then clay, admittedly he's got better recently but I still want Federer to win and beat Borg's record.

Yeah, the Fed man is a class act on court and genuinely nice off it too. I like that he dominates and I would love it if he could win all four Grand Slams in a year... but Nadal is the thorn in his side. I actually liked Nadal for a year or two before he started getting so good. The young Rafa showed a mentality where he took all the early defeats he suffered on the chin... I respected that in him.