Spore Creature Creator Trial is out.

DiemetriX

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like, a few minutes ago...

http://eu.spore.com/getspore/

Says buy now. It was my reasoning that once logged into the trial, it unlocked the full game.

Hmm I'll have to try...

EDIT: Nope, still just the trial version, I think you have to download the full version from the EA download manager, but it isn't available to download yet, as I said.

Suckssss.

Hmm I'll have to try...

EDIT: Nope, still just the trial version, I think you have to download the full version from the EA download manager, but it isn't available to download yet, as I said.

Suckssss.

Same for me.

And why does EA not put anything in the start menu?

Mac System requirements, according to ShackNews, are as follows:

- Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher

- Intel Core Duo Processor

- 1024 MB RAM

- ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100

- At least 4.7GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for creations.

What sucks is if you have an old pre-end-of-2007 MacBook, cos you can't play it owing to the fact it'll have a GMA 900 bugger in it. Then again, if you bought a Mac wanting to play games, you would've got an iMac or MacBook Pro.

1. Failed

2. Didn't...I think

3. Didn't

4. Not sure. Probably failed/

5. Didn't

Well there goes my plan...

1. Failed

2. Didn't...I think

3. Didn't

4. Not sure. Probably failed/

5. Didn't

Well there goes my plan...

I think you failed on 4 if memory serves if you're on about you're MacBook. What processor is in the MacBook you have?

Spore is now available for download (although you'll need to uninstall the demo as it confuses the Download Manager and makes it think that you have the full game).

Edit: The Sporepedia is up and running - it's awesome what people can come up with.

And I was pleasantly surprised when I found four of mine sitting in the top 50 most popular creatures (at time of writing).

Edit 2: The creature save system is pretty awesome.

Guest Stefkov

Just downloaded the full version and had a try.

cre0683015cfulox1.png

The only problem I have with the game is even with everything on the lowest setting, it being windowed and the resolution to the lowest, it took me the best part of an hour to make that. I kept having to Ctrl Alt Delete, press cancel and then it'd work for a little, then repeat the process. Now It's crashed whilst trying to save what I've just done.

Guest Stefkov
What spec is your PC?

Game Recommended Setting is 4.0. Mine's 4.3.

It's on my lappytop, which is fine, it ran the Crysis demo on medium specs nearly alright. All the specs.

Everything on the Video tab is low. Takes the biscuit. Even loading the game, it goes through the company names, then turns purple. Ctrl Alt Delete, Cancel, it shows the screen logging in.

Game Recommended Setting is 4.0. Mine's 4.3.

It's on my lappytop, which is fine, it ran the Crysis demo on medium specs nearly alright. All the specs.

Everything on the Video tab is low. Takes the biscuit. Even loading the game, it goes through the company names, then turns purple. Ctrl Alt Delete, Cancel, it shows the screen logging in.

Your laptop is better than my desktop. Mine can't run the Crysis demo with everything on low. It's strange that I can use the creature creator with no problems (except that creature textures can sometimes take a while to load) with everything set to high. Which is rather odd.

Guest Stefkov
Try playing the game windowed.
The only problem I have with the game is even with everything on the lowest setting, it being windowed and the resolution to the lowest, it took me the best part of an hour to make that. I kept having to Ctrl Alt Delete, press cancel and then it'd work for a little, then repeat the process. Now It's crashed whilst trying to save what I've just done.

It is pissing me off having to do this process. Anyway, how do you get the main body fatter? You can make the spine longer but how have people got it bigger?

It is pissing me off having to do this process. Anyway, how do you get the main body fatter? You can make the spine longer but how have people got it bigger?

I took me absolutely ages to find out (In the end I discovered it by complete accident). You make it fatter by using the scroll wheel.

I took me absolutely ages to find out (In the end I discovered it by complete accident). You make it fatter by using the scroll wheel.

"Help" isn't completely useless sometime.:heh:

Anyway, here's my Spore page:

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Deathborn

Only one creature for the moment (but my favourite) because "same as Jordan". I'll upload the others after work and will probably download the complete creator too... the mad scientist in me can't resist.

Guest Stefkov

That's great help. Now if the thing would let me save without crashing and me losing an hour or twos fun work.

Guest Stefkov

Fixed it finally. Installed some new Graphics card drivers. Now it runs smoothly. Uploaded an animal, just stick my username on the end of Jordan's link.

Also made a video just to try it out. For a creature creating game it sure is fun.