NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

What was 'wrong' with Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess huh?

Well what can be said really? For me, the first time I never made it to the final boss, I just lost interest when I saw the size of Hyrule Castle for the final fight against Ganondorf, the game was just so lacking than what I expected.

/nando/, new file and start over! \o\

Twilight Princess huh?

Well what can be said really? For me, the first time I never made it to the final boss, I just lost interest when I saw the size of Hyrule Castle for the final fight against Ganondorf, the game was just so lacking than what I expected.

Hyrule Castle isn't even that big, which is a complain for many people, unless I'm misunderstading what you're saying.

Also, bold :P

They must have found the only unnatural horse on the planet!

Motion captured animations usually look naff in video games (bar cutscenes).

..no chance of me starting over.. not after coming 34 hours in :heh:

I'm sure once I start into the dungeon (I'm right at the beginning of one) I'll get back into it.. it's just finding the desire to take it on!

I'm sure once I start into the dungeon (I'm right at the beginning of one) I'll get back into it.. it's just finding the desire to take it on!

I can go over there and use several sharp instruments to make you play.

/nando/, new file and start over! \o\

Hyrule Castle isn't even that big, which is a complain for many people, unless I'm misunderstading what you're saying.

Also, bold :P

New file? Good idea because the start of the game is great. I liked the bit especially where you had to sneak round Ordon as the wolf and get the sword and shield. It was interesting to talk to chickens and stuff, and if I remember correctly there's a frog that says something passive like, "I'm not sure what I'm doing here, so I don't know what to say." Something with that kinda vibe anyway.

Remember the escape from the cell when you first arrived in the twilight? I actually remember panicking and stuff because I felt vulnerable as the wolf and didn't really know what it was capable of. Good times! : peace:

*maybe goes back to current play through of TP*

I loved sneaking around Ordon too, with all the villagers with the torches and whatnot <3

What if you start a new file in a separate slot, and play until you feel comfortable in the present situation of the first slot?

....In a less complicated alternative, we could give you words of encouragement. What dungeon are you in?

I'm about to start into the Sky Temple.. but don't worry, I'm sure as soon as I start it I will have trouble putting it down :heh: ..I guess I just don't feel in the right frame of mind for it! It'll happen.. eventually :yay:

The Sky Temple has an awesome boss, worth getting to fight it.

But I hated the dungeon that comes after the Sky Temple. Worst in the game, together with the Temple of Time.

The Sky Temple has an awesome boss, worth getting to fight it.

But I hated the dungeon that comes after the Sky Temple. Worst in the game, together with the Temple of Time.

If the Temple of Time was the one where you obtain the Dominion Rod then that is actually where I stopped playing the game.. and I haven't been able to make my way back into the game since. Done a couple of sections since then hopeing that the game would pull me back in.. but at the moment I.. just.. can't :hmm:

Ok. I got back into the game today, I'm in the Snowpeak Ruins. I played for about an hour before losing concentration and being unable the guard with the ball and chain. :p

I kept confusing the controls!!!

It's really good though. Snowpeak Ruins makes for a different experience. :)

I'm about to start into the Sky Temple.. but don't worry, I'm sure as soon as I start it I will have trouble putting it down :heh: ..I guess I just don't feel in the right frame of mind for it! It'll happen.. eventually :yay:

Damn, I found that dungeon to be strangely boring at parts. But the boss is completely worth it.

Ok. I got back into the game today, I'm in the Snowpeak Ruins. I played for about an hour before losing concentration and being unable the guard with the ball and chain. :p

I kept confusing the controls!!!

It's really good though. Snowpeak Ruins makes for a different experience. :)

The Ice Mansion is one of my favourites. Hang on, CB!

I've been playing through it again, abd noticed that you're common moblin enemy can be dispatced in just a couple of sword swipes. This disappointed me, considering Link can withstand several beatings, but other enemies were killed so easily. The big knights that you faced later in the game were amongst the best ever Zelda villians, but there were only a few in the game.

Bosses were spectacular in TP, but then again, they always are in Zelda titles. I would have liked to see some more sword v. sword with Gannondorf.

I'm sure it's been said before in this thread, but I felt the overword, while big, felt incredibly stale. Enemies are always in the same place, and while it's fun fighting the leagion of boars on Epona near the ruined bridge, that is the ONLY place in the game that ever happens. Why can't I come across a random enemy campsite in the middle of the night? Or happen upon an NPC carridge being harrased by a band of looters?

I think there are two parts of the the field with boars, not sure though.

I freaking loved the game on the whole to be honest, but I wouldn't play it again. It's like McDonalds Kids on the Amiga, if I play it again I'll nitpick the excitement out of it despite loving what I seem to remember it being. As usual though, the hyping stages were probably more exciting than actually owning the game.

My biggest dissapointment was not having the dog saving adventure that was in some of the early trailers. That looked immense.

My biggest dissapointment was not having the dog saving adventure that was in some of the early trailers. That looked immense.

You mean, the few seconds where you saw Link holding a cat? lol

It's a shame more animal interaction didn't make it, it sounded very original.

The dungeons were great.

The only one i hated was Sky Temple, who was kinda annoying, everyone else was brilliant.

Temple of Time is great, it may be easy, but its fun as hell.

The last two dungeons are small, but the boss pretty much compensates the rest of the dungeon ^^

The best bosses were the one in the Desert (MY GOD!!! Fighting him with the Spinner was awesome as hell, maybe i'l replay some time just to play that boss), the one in the Sky Temple (Killing it in the sky was simple awesome, still, the dungeon was hella boring, so it kinda made the dungeon "Meh") and the final one (One word: EPIC)

I don't see your problem with Twilight Princess, maybe i liked it so much because i didn't know any thing about it, while you knew every single part of the game.

It's a shame more animal interaction didn't make it, it sounded very original.

Same for me. That's my only real disppointment with TP. The animal theme sound really promising but it seems they leave it to do a more classic Zelda. IMO Zelda are better when they revolve around one or two major themes.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about being classic, the game is huge as it is, the Wolf/Twilight parts already took a lot of time to do, I suppose they just didn't have time to put it in. As usual with every Nintendo game lol

Oh the sky temple! I remember it's puzzles were nothing special, but visually it was an amazing sight seeing the various buildings of the temple looming in the distance, and it's boss was one of the best!

And the final sword clash with Ganondorf was indeed epic.

Here's a nice music video I found with lots of the cutscenes in the game that might regain you some interest, but be careful, it's full of spoilers:

Hmmm...actually IIRC someone used a gunpowder weapon in TP it looked liked a bazooka used by one from the Group to help you get past a certain area at Hyrule Castle.

Also, if you guys want an increased difficulty in TP I suggest using the Zora Armour. Makes those imps fire arrows that little bit more meaty.

Hmmm...actually IIRC someone used a gunpowder weapon in TP it looked liked a bazooka used by one from the Group to help you get past a certain area at Hyrule Castle.

Also, if you guys want an increased difficulty in TP I suggest using the Zora Armour. Makes those imps fire arrows that little bit more meaty.

And not gettting Heart pieces :P

I have to say I fucking love this game.

Maybe because I've only ever played the DS zelda so I basically have nothing to compare it to. But to me it's a great, long, game I can play.

Some of it can be quite fustrating, but nothing a walkthrough can't fix ^_^

I have to say I fucking love this game.

Maybe because I've only ever played the DS zelda so I basically have nothing to compare it to. But to me it's a great, long, game I can play.

Some of it can be quite fustrating, but nothing a walkthrough can't fix ^_^

see, this is what i think most of us would feel like if tp was randomly dropped on us. if we hadnt hyped and hadnt the auto compair of our memory of our fave zelda.

imagine if tp wasn't a zelda game, how would we view it then?

just for the record, hourglass is a great game. it may be easy but its great fun.