NEurope
Daft

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

About time for a Euro thread, the thing kicks off this Saturday.

greekpos2.jpg02-ronaldo-crying.jpg

Naturally I'll be supporting Greece but I doubt we will do the double. :D

Otherwise I think Germany are a good bet.

Group A

1 Czech Republic

2 Portugal

3 Switzerland

4 Turkey

Group B

1 Austria

2 Croatia

3 Germany

4 Poland

Group C

1 France

2 Netherlands

3 Italy

4 Romania

Group D

1 Greece

2 Russia

3 Spain

4 Sweden

I don't usually watch Football, but I'll be rooting for my country, as always. They better beat Greece, this year.

I have a feeling the Portuguese fans will lynch someone this year, if they don't win. Just a hunch.

Well normally, I don't give a fuck about football. Any football. The game bores me, the only pleasure I get is from the reactions of people get in the pub. Y'know, like when someone takes out the £250,000 on Deal or No Deal, hands on mouths and all that.

HOWEVER! Although I won't be watching it. I want Turkey to win. Only because I was assigned Turkey on a Facebook group.

I don't usually watch Football, but I'll be rooting for my country, as always. They better beat Greece, this year.

I have a feeling the Portuguese fans will lynch someone this year, if they don't win. Just a hunch.

They will fall to my Turks.

Fucking Greece, it was so unfair. Hopefully we'll win this time.

Mostly going to be supporting Spain & Holland. I think Holland can have a really high chance if they qualify from the group stages due to being in a very hard group.

Sweden has always been my team when Scotland aren't in the competition as Henrik Larsson is Swedish and this year will be no different. So glad Larsson came out of retirement for the tournament. :)

Don't think Sweden will actually win it though. I'm going for Germany, with Italy being runners-up and France 3rd.

Here rooting for my country of course.

I'm expecting something like that. As soon as we lose one game (hope not), all the love and peace will turn into hate. Bunch of hypocrites.

I'm going for the Dutch, though I'd like Spain to have a good tournament.

In the abscene of England I need a team that will flatter to deceive before going out on penaltys in the quarter finals. To this end I have deicded to follow Spain. I'm predicting Holland and Italy to both fail to make it out of the group of death by the way.

I'm going for the Dutch, though I'd like Spain to have a good tournament.

Group C is the toughest group. Itll be tough for all the teams

Fucking Greece, it was so unfair. Hopefully we'll win this time.

Haha! You had our chance to beat us....twice. :D

ENGLA...

oh wait...

ermm. I don't really watch Football anyway. :p

Hahaha, I was going to make that joke, but then I thought it would be too mean.

Here we go again. Arguments with bitter folks, blind referees...

Fun stuff.

Of course that I'm going to be rooting for Portugal.

Haha! You had our chance to beat us....twice. :D

When you think about it, after the first match, all other matches in the tournament weren't even needed.

But, Greece winning the cup is proof that there's no god. Someone that plays like that doesn't deserve to even win a single match.

I'm expecting something like that. As soon as we lose one game (hope not), all the love and peace will turn into hate. Bunch of hypocrites.

I don't think they ever talked about peace and love. It was more like a "We'll smile as long as they keep winning". I think that part of the message was the clearest, really.

Either way, I can't wait for this to end. Mainly because I'm sick of the 3 main channels always airing something about the Euro. As I said, I don't care much for football.

When you think about it, after the first match, all other matches in the tournament weren't even needed.

But, Greece winning the cup is proof that there's no god. Someone that plays like that doesn't deserve to even win a single match.

By that logic we shouldn't even have a tournament. Greece turned up not just to make up the numbers. We were lucky when Nedved got injured in like the 5th minute but we played more than the sum of our parts and with spirit for the rest of that tournament.

haha, almost forgot about this, should be an interesting competition all the countries are pretty strong with no "dark horses", but I got a good feeling Portugal with their Christiano wonder boy could do it this year

Does everyone in Ireland/UK mispell Cristiano's name as some of you guys just did?

By that logic we shouldn't even have a tournament. Greece turned up not just to make up the numbers. We were lucky when Nedved got injured in like the 5th minute but we played more than the sum of our parts and with spirit for the rest of that tournament.

With that I meant that Greece won the first match and the tournament both times against the other finalist. We (Portugal and Greece) were the tournament. (I'm not being serious, just an observation).

With that I meant that Greece won the first match and the tournament both times against the other finalist. We (Portugal and Greece) were the tournament. (I'm not being serious, just an observation).

Yeah, it was weird. The first time in Euro history the opening match's teams were the final's matches as far as I am aware. It was kind of cool.

Does everyone in Ireland/UK mispell Cristiano's name as some of you guys just did?

I think were just too used to having a "h" in there from things like "Christ", "Christmas", "Christopher" and just spell it from the sound and what we are familiar with.... i actually never noticed there was no "h" and took me awhile to realise what you were on about, haha, cheers