NEurope
Daft

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

I watched the second half of Romania vs France... and I almost fell asleep, seriously. How useless was that!? Still, I dislike the French national side for their crimes in 98 and 2000 when they won the World Cup and European Championships... beating both my teams, Brazil and Italy in the process. Atleast justice was served at the last World Cup when Italia won it... against France, no less. :laughing:

I'm lookin forward to Italia v Hollandia. It'll be the first match so far I will have fully watched.

WTF is this shit. Italy 0 - 2 Holland. This HAS to turn around

WTF is this shit. Italy 0 - 2 Holland. This HAS to turn around

Never, I have money on the dutch!

Never, I have money on the dutch!

Well, congratulations!

I must say, the Italians played very well, one of the best teams so far. Unfortunately, they were against by far the most impressive team in the tournament. Ok, the first goal was offside, but who cares? The two they got from counter attacks were deserved a thousand times over, and Van De Sarr's save was...impressive.

:bowdown::yay:

Van der Sar's save was impressive in normal play. When they slow it down to a snails pace it looked less impressive. I gues you just don't get the full knowledge of him flying across the net to save it. Great save though.

The Dutch though...Kuyt, what a player. He was all over the place.

Kuyt had an amazing game tonight. Brilliant performace from Holland; the second goal was fantastic and the 3rd goal happened just as quick!

Woooh, this is just fucking amazing.

Just to clarify, the first goal wasn't offside! Buffon KO'd Panucci behind the line, and as he was still officially in play, there were two men behind the ball. Van Nistelrooy's goal was on side.

But really, nobody saw this coming! What an amazing game by Gio, too... Only Ooijer was sort of weak up against Toni, the rest was just outstanding.

Just to clarify, the first goal wasn't offside! Buffon KO'd Panucci behind the line, and as he was still officially in play, there were two men behind the ball. Van Nistelrooy's goal was on side.

There has to be two players between the player and the goal, Panucci was behind the goal line, albeit to the side. So technically he was offside. An awful decision, but lets not discredit the performance, Holland were immense today, made the World Champions look average.

There has to be two players between the player and the goal, Panucci was behind the goal line, albeit to the side. So technically he was offside. An awful decision, but lets not discredit the performance, Holland were immense today, made the World Champions look average.
Panucci and Buffon were in play and behind the ball when Van Nistelrooy touched the ball. He was on side - Dutch TV contacted a UEFA official, who confirmed he was on side.

But yeah, we're absolutely lyrical here. Fucking early hours :sad:

Disappointed about the Italia result. Nistelrooy was offside for that first goal and the "eye-ties" never quite recovered. Some of the players didn't show up like Di Natale and Ambrosini... I reckon Del Piero and Cassano should have been given more time to try and turn it around. Glad it was an attacking match but Italy need to turn this around in the next two games!

An awful decision, but lets not discredit the performance, Holland were immense today, made the World Champions look average.

Scotland made them look average as well though. Without Cannavaro I cant see Italy getting out of the group after tonight.

Really good match from Holland! I still didn't get to see a full match since the Portuguese one, but from what I saw the Dutch deserved their win.

Panucci and Buffon were in play and behind the ball when Van Nistelrooy touched the ball. He was on side - Dutch TV contacted a UEFA official, who confirmed he was on side.

that's how I read it anyway, you can't just leave the pitch to play someone offside

I can confirm the no-offside-situation, got it from the very same source as DCK, I presume (NOS; Jack van Gelder). Van Nistelrooij however did admit that he had no clue whatsoever that he wasn't offside.

Awesome game, if they (dare I say, we?) keep on playing like this throughout the tourney, there'll be no stopping them. Unless tomorrow brings some surprises, or the Germans get off their arses.

loved watching the Holland game. They were superb. Just hope Van Persie and Robben get fit as those players are quality as well....but Sneidjer and Van der Vaart (sp?) were immense. Always liked them two.

Go Holland!

I've decided i'm going to be supporting Netherlands for Euro 08. My reasons being that I love the country, the people, and the accent, and my god, they were so amazing last night!

Go Holland!

I've always liked Holland, i had one of their shirts when i was a wee lad :)

And it so wasn't offside, the player off the pitch was still in play, it's not like he went off to be treated or anything, he just got owned. That's his problem!

I was wondering why neither of the commentators picked up on that, I just figured it was something wrong with my own offside knowledge.

It's cause while it is IN the rules, it's rule no 12.139813986k

It doesn't occur that often =) The main point is that he just happened to fall down in that spot. He didn't leave play on purpose cause he was injured, buffon knocked him out, he might as well have fallen on the other side of the line.

Sweden v Greece and the commentator said that the people of Northern Ireland will be watching it and thinking it could have been them. He's right. :weep:

Ibrahimavic >>> Larsson.

After today's performance, backing Spain to win the whole thing is a fairly safe bet...

Painfully bad, I'm glad we're losing.

Nothing'll top 2004 anyway. :heh:

Kyrgiakos(sp) is such a bad player, so glad he looked like a fool for that goal

Greece are a shadow of the side that played in 2004, they at least attacked then