NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

I just got a reply to an email i sent back on the 5th of JUNE saying that the tshirt I ordered back in JANUARY was only just sent to packaging on the 1st of Aug and should be with me by the 1st of Sept.

9 months later

I guess that old slogan should hold true... "Everything comes to those who wait"

And us Nintendo fans (especially Europeans) have become pretty used to being made to wait :heh:

Stars Catalogue has been updated with a Club Nintendo Class. It holds 200ml and costs 2,000 stars. I'm ordering one. :)

:(

Item will be delivered within 8 weeks according to the email I just got.

I just lost 6260 stars :( - had no idea it was going to happen now, as they said previously if any were due to expire they would dissappear last December, but they didnt, so I thought I was 'safe'

Does anybody have a contact email address for Nintendo UK they could PM me? I have tried the one on their site three times with no reply.

Honestly, in many ways I wish Nintendo Europe hadnt even bothered with the whole 'Stars Catalogue' idea if they were going to do it so badly. I had been saving my stars since the launch of the Gamecube, waiting for something decent to come up (As they always showed you in their emails lots of games and 'real life' items that you would 'soon be able to purchase')

Why even have a limit on 'virtual' Wii Points?

I cant believe Nintendo Japan saw Nintendo Europe's idea and were so impressed that they went and used it in Japan as 'Club Nintendo' - which is a 1000 times better than our Stars Catalogue has ever been.

I just lost 6260 stars :( - had no idea it was going to happen now, as they said previously if any were due to expire they would dissappear last December, but they didnt, so I thought I was 'safe'

Does anybody have a contact email address for Nintendo UK they could PM me? I have tried the one on their site three times with no reply.

There's a contact address on the website, but if you agreed to the terms and conditons last year you don't have a leg to stand on.

Honestly, in many ways I wish Nintendo Europe hadnt even bothered with the whole 'Stars Catalogue' idea if they were going to do it so badly. I had been saving my stars since the launch of the Gamecube, waiting for something decent to come up (As they always showed you in their emails lots of games and 'real life' items that you would 'soon be able to purchase')

There has been plenty of decent items for sale in the Stars Catalogue since the launch of the Gamecube. I guess you just didnt' pay attention/check the site regularly

Why even have a limit on 'virtual' Wii Points?

I cant believe Nintendo Japan saw Nintendo Europe's idea and were so impressed that they went and used it in Japan as 'Club Nintendo' - which is a 1000 times better than our Stars Catalogue has ever been.

Actually Nintendo of Japan has been doing Club Japan for years. In fact the Mario Game rack was first offered to customers in Japan some years back.

I wonder how many more people are going to mention how unfair/injust the whole system is when it's their own fault.

As far as i'm aware, its the only loyalty scheme that has points that expire. I've not been caught out, but do believe its unfair. You either reward customers for their loyalty, or you don't. Surely, its poor customer service to only reward customers for their purchases over the previous two years.

Link81, i may i have Nintendo's UK HQ number somewhere (not the Codestorm Customer Service number). I'll need to root it out, but i'll pass it to you... Don't know how any complaint will turn out though.

You can use this email address as well:

[email protected]

I spoke with this guy back in FEB this year about having problems registering my Professor Kageyama's Maths Training Club Code. For some reason the code wasn't registering.

Mike said the reason the code wouldn't work was because of some error on the website and he was going to contact HQ Germany (I asked for the email, but he wouldn't give it) to see if HQ could fix the problem and I could get the code registered. Anyway he promised to get back in touch and never did (So please feel free to email him as well to likely never get a reply :heh: . I never got around to chasing it back up.......so if anyone wants to try the code they are welcome to:

Club Code: GGON8W6KEWUC6OIL

Not sure if it's a 0 or an O, but neither seemed to work earlier this year.

Gentleben, thanks for the email address, I will give it a go - I know im unlikely to hear anything back but its got to be worth a try.

In regards to your other post - I know your a fan of the Stars Catalogue, and im not saying it isnt a good idea - and I do realise its free.

All im saying is that Nintendo Europe have implimented the whole Stars Catalogue/Nintendo V.I.P scheme very badly - they could have done it a whole lot better from the start - surely we can agree on that?

I registered my Gamecube console on 3rd May 2002. For many years I read their newsletters about how they would add real items 'soon' only to be left dissappointed. I still have those emails with the pictures of all the games and nintendo goodies you would soon be able to purchase with your stars. They even set dates for when these items would be added to the catalogue, but half they time they never even added anything! (Usually due to 'technical problems')

There have been some real items on the Stars Catalogue - I wont deny that - but everytime I checked it (which was religiously every day when you used to get 5 points for logging in) everything sold out so rediculously fast that I and many others never stood a chance of getting anything :(

The one time I was online when they had a significant update of real items I couldnt get onto the site due to 'heavy traffic' - to me thats just not good enough. Of course once I finally got on to the site everything had sold out :shakehead

The idea for Club Nintendo in Japan came from Nintendo of Europe - I remember reading an article/interview many years ago with Nintendo Europes marketing department about how some people from Nintendo of Japan had come over to Europe in 2002 to see how they were marketing the Gamecube. They were so impressed with the 'Stars Catalogue' idea that they took it back to Japan with them and came up with 'Club Nintendo'. How come Nintendo Japan can get it so right?

All I am saying is - the people most likely to have used the Stars Catalogue from the very beginning are their most loyal fans. We have had to put up with Nintendo of Europe's 'Price Fixing' (which they were fined millions for) '50hz conversions' and late/none releases. Why would they want to upset us even more! We are the very people who have supported them all these years - through thick and thin.

If I had been aware that my points were about to expire I would have tried to convert them to Wii Points (Although even that seems to be nigh on impossible) I had been saving my stars for years, as im sure many people have been. They did say in the new terms and conditions that I signed up to last year, that any stars that would be expiring would expire in December07/January08 so surely you can understand that when they didnt expire I thought I was 'safe'

As Nintendo Europe said in my original sign-up email - "Your now a Nintendo V.I.P!" - a V.I.P or Very Important Person! How come they dont treat you like one then....

Phew! Sorry for such a long post/rant, and thanks for reading :smile:

Ingorance is no excuse, you agreed to the terms and conditions earlier last year. Just because something doesn't haven't straight away doesn't mean it won't happen. Every month without fail Nintendo send me an email reminding me of my stars balance and when my stars will expire. If you failed to sign up for emails ingnored them then it's your own fault and no one elses.

Anyway, here's a poor quality shot of the Club code you asked for.

Ingorance is no excuse, you agreed to the terms and conditions earlier last year. Just because something doesn't haven't straight away doesn't mean it won't happen. Every month without fail Nintendo send me an email reminding me of my stars balance and when my stars will expire. If you failed to sign up for emails ingnored them then it's your own fault and no one elses.

I wasnt trying to start an arguement or anything - just expressing my opinion. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Thanks for the pic though.

I don't believe it.

The Club Nintendo T-Shirt I ordered on 25th January.... Finally came in the post today.... the 28 of August... damn that was slow :heh:

For fucks sake... Nintendo's ordering form is rubbish, you have to type a number for where you live because according to Nintendo all houses in the UK have numbers :indeed: and you can only type certain parts of your address on certain lines, I went through all that pointlessness to order one GBA game, they accepted the address and now a day or two later I get an e-mail saying that they either haven't sent it or they can't / won't because my address (that I typed) is WRONG ...

They offer you the option of altering the address / canceling your order but this has to be done through their "special" website created for just such an occourance, so I click the link and the page won't even load >< this is all because they can't design a proper address form in the first place.

Now I don't know what to do or even to bother doing anything at all :/ but it's just so depressing that they make it so hard to give even the most meagre of freebies away. :blank:

**edit**

After two phonecalls and about half an hour of hold time they are gonna forward my complaint to NOE's head office in Germany to sort it out apparently.

I bet it doesn't get sorted though... >>

For fucks sake... Nintendo's ordering form is rubbish, you have to type a number for where you live because according to Nintendo all houses in the UK have numbers :indeed: and you can only type certain parts of your address on certain lines, I went through all that pointlessness to order one GBA game, they accepted the address and now a day or two later I get an e-mail saying that they either haven't sent it or they can't / won't because my address (that I typed) is WRONG ...

They offer you the option of altering the address / canceling your order but this has to be done through their "special" website created for just such an occourance, so I click the link and the page won't even load >< this is all because they can't design a proper address form in the first place.

Now I don't know what to do or even to bother doing anything at all :/ but it's just so depressing that they make it so hard to give even the most meagre of freebies away. :blank:

**edit**

After two phonecalls and about half an hour of hold time they are gonna forward my complaint to NOE's head office in Germany to sort it out apparently.

I bet it doesn't get sorted though... >>

Instead of waiting on NOE HQ (Germany) Could you alter the address to someone else who lives nearby with a house number/forum member here you trust who could have the item delivered and then post onto you?

I ordered two Nintendo Club Glasses (from two different club accounts) this way in the last month (one for myself and one for a friend)who lives in American now. I got both glasses in under a month delivered to my house and then forwarded the extra glass to America.

I don't believe it.

The Club Nintendo T-Shirt I ordered on 25th January.... Finally came in the post today.... the 28 of August... damn that was slow :heh:

I hope it was worth it! ;)

Sorry to bump an old thread but two things I want to bring to everyones attention.

1) The Zelda Statue is back in stock -still priced at 15,000 stars.

2) Anyone thinking of ordering Ringtones/Wallpapers might wanna hold fire since there is an issue with them getting sent to peoples Mobile phones at the moment.

I also have another contact email address for the woman who deals with the Club Nintendo Catalogue. :)

Could i pleaser have the email address m8? i got a urgent problem

ive made a new account, and registerd over 9000 points and i have enuff for the statue,

i put in the details 100% correct and securty code, i clikc next but the same page keeps loading i can no longer get to steps 2 3 ect ? is the site down or somthing? i really dont want to miss out on this as ive been saving my points for years for somthing special like this.

Could i pleaser have the email address m8? i got a urgent problem

ive made a new account, and registerd over 9000 points and i have enuff for the statue,

i put in the details 100% correct and securty code, i clikc next but the same page keeps loading i can no longer get to steps 2 3 ect ? is the site down or somthing? i really dont want to miss out on this as ive been saving my points for years for somthing special like this.

[email protected]

Thanks for reminding me Gentleben, I got her email address last year when I rang up the Nintendo Service Centre to ask about the star codes that aren't working and forgot to email her.

Thanks for reminding me Gentleben, I got her email address last year when I rang up the Nintendo Service Centre to ask about the star codes that aren't working and forgot to email her.

Talking of Stars code/Club Nintendo codes my latest code for Ranger 2 isn't working. Not sure if it's because it's another code with 0 and O in or because the Codes haven't been "Switched on" to work on the website.

Mario Galaxy normal and platinum soundtracks are on the Stars Catalogue!

Normal is 3850 stars and platinum is 4850.

I don't have enough stars for the platinum version (I have the normal one) :(

Ive just spent the last half hour entering codes into my account and I just had enough for the Platinum Soundtrack. Happy days!!!

Hmm I burnt up all my stars on wii points, I may have to 'acquire' it by other means.

Edit: I had no idea it was an actual CD on there. Starting to wish I never brought those wii points now. I thought it was just that crummy mp3 download thing they started recently.

Ive just spent the last half hour entering codes into my account and I just had enough for the Platinum Soundtrack. Happy days!!!

Fuck me I took all my codes to the office to do them there!!! ARGH!!! What are the chances of their still being copies left tomorrow morning? SLIM!!! :( I NEED that soundtrack!!!

Sell me yours if I don't get one!

- sees Ike's post about Mario Galaxy OST

- is overjoyed

- plunders complete game collection for every remaining VIP card (quite a few)

- begins the tiring task of scratching most cards and entering the revealed codes

- registers "The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" +200

- registers "Hotel Dusk: Room 215" +200

- realizes how annoying registering games is

- registers "Star Fox Command" +250

- registers "English Training: Leer spelenderwijs Engels" +250

- registers "Kirby Mouse Attack" +200

- registers "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland" +200

- attempts to register "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" but fails?

- is rather discontent but will complain later

- registers "Magical Starsign" +200

- registers "Advance Wars: Dark Conflict" +200

- registers "Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney" +200

- registers "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All" +200

- registers "Picross DS" +200

- registers "Nintendo MP3 Player" +200

- registers "Golden Sun: The Lost Age" +250

- is quite surprised that code still worked, and notices it gives me the full 250 points

- registers "Resident Evil 4" +250 (Cube version mind)

- registers "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance" +250

- registers "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" +250

- registers "Geist" +250, which itsels was gotten through the stars catalogue

- registers "Battalion Wars" +250

- has enough points; secures platinum CD

- registers "Pikmin" +250

- registers "Mario Smash Football" +250

- registers "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" +250

- registers "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" +250

- gets dizzy from scratch dust

- registers "Mario Kart Wii" +250

- registers "Metroid Prime 3 Corruption" +250

- registers "Super Mario Galaxy" +250

- registers "Mario Strikers Charged Football" +250

- registers "Wii Sports" +250

- registers "Endless Ocean" +200

- thinks "that's all of them"

- searches Nintendo site for e-mail regarding complaint about Phoenix Wright VIP code

- sees mention of a VIP code for Cube GBA player

- registers "Game Boy Player" +400

- finishes registering games and hardware

- thanks Ike for the headsup

- wishes to be able to use the Japanese VIP codes

- wants to head to bed, but remembers the mess left after plundering games for VIP cards

- waits for CD to arrive

Anyway. That's a total of 6850 points registered if I'm correct.. I neglected to do so most of the time, so I've only registered a few of them and the consoles themselves untill now, but now I should've gotten most out of the way, unless I forgot some, I didn't check most of the 3rd party releases. And the Phoenix Wright code I will complain about ;). I have almost enough points to buy the normal version as well, but I have a feeling it's better to hold on to my points, now I've registered pretty much all of them. If you look at the pictures of the CD's, you'll notice they took the effort to localize it. Makes you wonder what else they'll localize.. I for one would love to have a SNES classic controller ;). Not to mention those DS games :D.