NEurope
Dante

Spyborgs

Surely it would be. Surely..?

You'd think wouldn't you, but lets put it like this... I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't!

Developer Interview: Mentions Co-op, Controls, Achievements system etc...

Possible WiiMotion+ unlockables could be interesting!

Edited by Retro_Link

You'd think that the guy in the video would be careful of using the words 'bad port' when working with capcom but I think it's quite funny as it's a little sly hint at the debacle that was Dead Rising, amongst other bad ports from other developers. :D

It looks good but I honetsly don't think the WiiMotion Plus is necessary to push the game that bit further because as an action title, there isn't anything that needs it and the Spy camera thing certainly doesn't need it as it's not a completely imperative feature that you need to use to complete stages/the game.

Oh, and it's kind of strange that GT mixed in the old footage of the game with the new stuff. I know there's not a whole lot of footage of the new look but why did they mix in the old stuff? ::shrug:

Did GT do that? I always thought with these that it was an interview/piece the devs put together?

Looks awesome. Seems like wiimotionplus is a certainty then. Great stuff, the more support it gets the better!!

Developer Interview: Mentions Co-op, Controls, Achievements system etc...

Ok, now there's your reason they said you wouldn't believe its a Wii game. Achievements are a 360 thing, right? ;)

Actually looking pretty decent, that blisteringly awful soundtrack in the gameplay vid has to go though. >_<

GT review:

Story: 6.0

Design: 5.9

Gameplay: 5.0

Presentation: 7.8

Overall: 5.5

In general they say that while the graphics and presentation may lead you to think that Spyborgs is a AAA title, the gameplay doesn't hold up and its pretty boring! Basically, download Streets of Rage 2 or River City Ransom onto your Virtual Console.

Damn :( All the clips of the game I had seen made it look a fun game to play, nevermind.

one to pick up in the sales me thinks

Yeah I still wanna pick it up, just a matter of when though. I can see it going cheap in the sales that tend to hit before Christmas.

Bumpworthy:

The short version: Nothing but praise for this title. So far it's a 10/10.

Got this dirt cheap on shopto.net's sale, thought i'd try it out last night. 1 of my housemates was around so i stuck a mote in his hand to help try out the first stage in co-op.

• Died pretty quickly. Restarted.
  • Got a bit further, 1 of us died, other got further still, then died.

Realised this is no Lego Star Wars / Indy, it's not gonna hold your hand and encourage you through the story. It's tough...yet it felt great - the characters' handling and even quicktime waggle events are really accurate. Yes, waggle and accurate in the same sentence. Who would've thought.

• Restarted after rethinking the strategy, and got a lot further. Died in the final room.
  • 4th time, 1 of us survived the final room (after a wave of baddies the other player is respawned) so we finished the 1st level.
  • Upgraded health/damage & without even hesitating, started the next stage.
  • Died a couple of times, but getting further each time. Felt great. Finished 1-2.
  • Upgraded again, went onto 1-3. Same for 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7.
  • Realised the 15 minute "try out" had become 2 hours. Figured we were close enough to the final 1-* boss, so carried on with 1-8.
  • Amazingly impressive boss fight, finished the 1st section of the game.

Yes, under the hood, this is a classic arcade brawler. It's also probably the most fun co-op Wii game you'll ever play.

Graphics are amazing, some of the best seen on Wii. The characters' models & animations are great, and some of the environments look like the developers have found the Wii's secret pixel shader chip.

It runs at a solid 60fps. Not only helps the graphics look extra slick & polished, but helps gameplay & controls.

The controls and handling are spot on & responsive, never feeling unfair. Even the quicktime combo moves which use waggle are probably the most accurate i've seen. The transitions between the players' moves/anims flow seamlessly.

Music & sound effects are great & atmospheric.

You can pick up this game really cheap now. Do it.

I don't like it when a game that I put off my radar reappears on it...

j/k

Thanks for your view on this game, it makes me wanna find out more about this game!

Yeah, what the heck, for £6.94 you can't go wrong!! Just grabbed a copy!!

Hopefully it will have the same co-op fun as the likes of Jedi Power Battles and hopefully more so, due to the fancy visuals!!

You see, the problem with you guys is that you keep finding these insane deals that are damn near irresistible. The only thing I forget is it's not a lack of money I have, but a lack of time. :)

Must...resist...budget...purchase...

Woohoo, 3 more sales :)

Dear Capcom,

Please revoke your comments about your mature titles not selling on Wii.

Love us.

Played through 2-* last night,

...weird that it didn't end with a big boss battle.

Still loving it :grin: