N-Europe

Kurt Cobain's Ashes Stolen

NotAshley

Nirvana's late singer and guitarist's ashes have been stolen from wife Courtney Love's Los Angeles home, over 14 years after his death. "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me" she said. "I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal. If I don't get them back I don't know what I'll do" she added.

"I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me. Now it feels like I have lost him all over again". This report comes after Love's claims from earlier this year that over £100 million was stolen from the Cobain estate through use of his social security number.

It's sick and twisted of someone to do this, and I expect it's the same person who stole that money earlier this year, some of which was daughter Frances Bean's. :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No great loss.

Fuck off.

--

It's crazy, why would someone steal something like that (I mean I know why, but how could they?). It obviously means a huge amount to someone, I mean it's the remains of a person for christ sake. What's wrong with people nowadays?

Fuck off.

--

It's crazy, why would someone steal something like that (I mean I know why, but how could they?). It obviously means a huge amount to someone, I mean it's the remains of a person for christ sake. What's wrong with people nowadays?

It seem people like to be evil bastards these days

I personally don't think the ashes being stolen is the oddest thing of this story, it's more the... (from http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/37013)

"The ashes were said to have been kept in a "pink teddy bear-shaped bag along with a lock of his hair" and were taken with some jewellery and clothes."

and (though more understandable)

She added: "They were all I had left of my husband. I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me. Now it feels like I have lost him all over again."

The thief probably just thought it was a handbag or something and stole it. (along with the clothes and jewellery)

eBay gold.

I thought exactly the same thing, but then I thought no somebody couldn't be that stupid..though it could happen.

It's such a stupid thing to do anyway and so disrespectful, ok the man was a legend and in my opinion still is, but this is a dead person's ashes and not something that should be taken REGARDLESS if the person used to be famous.

Utterly disgraceful

edit: evil you'd be surprised alot of people do

Dunno but I chuckled at this news.

When I read this the first thing I saw in my head was a group of Nirvana fanatics inhaling his ashes.

The worrying thing is, it probably is a Nirvana fan or Nirvana fans who stole Kurt's ashes, thinking it's an acceptable thing to do.

It's not just a name, tis a state of mind.

Nah.

I've never been a fan of Cobain, and Courtney Love is a bitch. Like I said, it isn't a great loss to the musical profession.

Whether you like the guy or not, stealing anyones ashes is pretty fucked.