NEurope
Olympic Gamer

Cheap shit that betters the premium brands

Yo, I was having a little think today after eating some Tesco chocolate crispies that some cheap brand stuff is pretty much on par or better than the premium brands.

For one of my main examples, I'l bring up the Tesco Value 100g Milk Chocolate Bar, im not sure if they still do these, but damn these things were awesome back in the days of old. They tasted *alot* like advent calender chocolate (which always tasted different IMO) and was well worth the 28p price tag.

Also, another thing which I noticed isnt sold any more is Tesco Cherry Soda, no, its not cherryade, but for 60p you had a pretty good cheap Dr. Pepper. Went great at parties as a mixer.

Any one else have any experiences like this?

Actually, yes. I am a Wine Gum fanatic and the Tesco's Wine Gums were a lovely substitute for the real thing. Of course, I needed twice the amount to get the same "hit" but it was still better value.

8p Instant Noodles (or whatever they're called) from anywhere (like Tesco or Somerfield) are nicer than Super Noodles.

Tesco's Apple Juice is Tasty! :grin:

and Normally the cereal is a cheaper Super Market make and it's just as Nice! :D

Actually, yes. I am a Wine Gum fanatic and the Tesco's Wine Gums were a lovely substitute for the real thing. Of course, I needed twice the amount to get the same "hit" but it was still better value.

Ahh same as mate! Then again, not sure if they still do this, but the half kilo bag for like a quid or so was buzz enough. Of course, eating that much is an easy trip to feeling sick.

Tesco's Kick substitute of Red Bull = Win, and about 1/4 of the price.

Tesco value noodles are shite however.

Ahh same as mate! Then again, not sure if they still do this, but the half kilo bag for like a quid or so was buzz enough. Of course, eating that much is an easy trip to feeling sick.

Nah man, I've been "Wining" for years now, I need the good stuff or copious amounts of the other stuff to get what I need. :bouncy:

I used to have Asda Cola, and that was really nice. Not quite as good as normal Coke, but it was pretty damn' close. My friend even said it was the best cheap Coke he'd ever tasted.

Somerfield cheap milk chocolate tastes like easter egg chocolate. And it's about 25p or something.

I used to have Asda Cola, and that was really nice. Not quite as good as normal Coke, but it was pretty damn' close. My friend even said it was the best cheap Coke he'd ever tasted.

If you were to drink the Smart Price one you're stomache would explode.

I'm too pretencious for knockoffs :p

Except lately when money has been tight. But still, I tend to go for brands. Only thing I don't really is squash, then Tescos or Sainsburys is fine, and occassionally I'll get London Gin rather than Gordon's.

Only thing i can think of is cheaper sunflower oil rather than that extra virgin bull shit that costs £3 more. Its actually better to cook with generally and doesn't make an ounce of difference to your food.

Co-op High juice over Robinson's', definitely.

Nah Tesco's High juice is the best.

Aldi's Dairyfine Chocolate is about 35p for a big bar and it's really good. Tastes a bit different than Cadbury's but it's just as good.

Their 37p lemonade is also just as good for mixing with vodka as any other lemonade you can find.

All their vodka is just as good as the real stuff too. £7 for a 70cl is a great price.

8p Instant Noodles (or whatever they're called) from anywhere (like Tesco or Somerfield) are nicer than Super Noodles.

Seriously? I have to try these, I was always suspicious they would kill me.

Another thing is, and this has been scientifically proven (according to my 3rd year Biology teacher), Tesco washing up liquid is better than all your brand names. Apparently the same goes for their soap and shower gel.

Sainsburys basic chocolate buttons! i swear by them!

I love them!!

Sainsburys basic chocolate buttons! i swear by them!

I love them!!

Pretty much every fucking lunchtime you would ask "has anyone got 39p? I want some buttons!" :indeed:

Aldi's Dairyfine Chocolate is about 35p for a big bar and it's really good. Tastes a bit different than Cadbury's but it's just as good.

I'd agree there, I always end up with a bar when my grandma goes shopping. Cheap chocolate is the best chocolate.

Another thing is, and this has been scientifically proven (according to my 3rd year Biology teacher), Tesco washing up liquid is better than all your brand names. Apparently the same goes for their soap and shower gel.

Something I personally would never use, own brand toilettries. Perhaps they are just as good but hmm...different folks eh?

Something I personally would never use, own brand toilettries. Perhaps they are just as good but hmm...different folks eh?

I use Tesco soap, but I use my proper shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. I also go for Aldi's washing up liquid. :heh:

Only thing i can think of is cheaper sunflower oil rather than that extra virgin bull shit that costs £3 more. Its actually better to cook with generally and doesn't make an ounce of difference to your food.

:shakehead They are very differnt. :o