NEurope

My town of Thamesmead is home to Clockwork Orange, The Beautiful Thing, Harry Potter and now E4's "The Misfits" which is about some people on community service who end up with super powers after a storm. Sounds a bit weird but I shall watch purely for the surroundings. Trailer below:

I literally just found out they're making a spiritual sequel to Band of Brothers called The Pacific.

I swear I have never been this excited!

Boy, it's gonna be great!

I literally just found out they're making a spiritual sequel to Band of Brothers called The Pacific.

Been waiting for this for what seems like forever!

Incase anyone wants to see how likely a show is to get a new season/get cancelled heres SpoilerTVs latest chart:

Clipboard01.png

HO-LY SHIT!! Awesome!!

Be interesting to see the next group of actors they've libed up for this, because B-O-B launched many a great actor aswell as having some great names.

I have good eyesite but damn, that list is tiny.

Anyway, they're all a load of crap. Another one knocking around puts Gossip Girl on the unsafe list. All hearsay really.

Oh and CBS have cut Numbers' episode order down to 16, upped NCIS and Mother by two and most of their other comedies up one.

Edited by Ashley

I saw that the other day. I'm surprisingly interested in the show (in the sense that the pilot was surprisingly interesting) but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me, it seemed so bland.

Problem with Dollhouse is that they maybe have one or two really good episodes a season and thats just not enough.

Dollhouse > T:SCC any day of the week.

This news was inevitable, but still. *sadface*

Problem with Dollhouse is that they maybe have one or two really good episodes a season and thats just not enough.

Yeah, I heard that was the case. I got bored while watching the pilot tbh. Same old dialogue.

Another dumped Sci Fi series. Hopefully Whedon will get the message this time.

Yeah, I heard that was the case. I got bored while watching the pilot tbh. Same old dialogue.

Another dumped Sci Fi series. Hopefully Whedon will get the message this time.

The alternative pilot was much better. Essentially the first six episodes in one. And Epitaph One showed it could be good sci-fi (and better psycho/socio-analysis) but yeah mostly it was mediocre.

And it was Dushku that sorted out the deal, not Whedon :heh: But I think she had a 5 year deal, so 3 more years of Dushku on Fox.

Hmm. Apparently my news is not news.

I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again.

I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear.

Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again. -j.

Looking forward to Dr Horrible 2 :D

I do like this;

"Other shows offered escapism - Dollhouse gave us a commentary on how escapism can help create prisons for other people."

I think that was ultimately the problem. It had a great concept, something that could have been truly great but it didn't live up to it most of the time. Although the newest episode was a pretty good exploration of this concept.

Edited by Ashley

Such a shame that wikipedia suggests it will be aired on SKY... :(

Glad that the rest of Dollhouse will be shown at least. Shame if that hadn't happened. The last episode was brilliant.

The other problem was that Dushku just wasnt a good enough actor to pull it off. I think Amy Acker showed how good she was in the show along with Sierra and definately Victor (Cant be bothered to look up their names)

Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj (along with Tahmoh Penikett it had perhaps the most unusual cast names ever).

Tahmoh Penikett really annoyed me. He walked like he'd recently shoved a dildo up his arse and left it there, and acted like all that was on his mind was said dildo, and when he'd be able to take it out. He was good in BSG, where his surlyness and strange walk wasn't out of place as a soldier/pilot person, and in a situation where everyday is almost too stressful/people keep dying/your wife is potentially dangerous.

He was outshined in shitness by November though. She was awful. And we can't even blame it on her "being Melly", since she's always like that.

I quite liked Melly/Melanie/November and the promo for the next episode Fox aired before moving the episodes back to December makes it look like November is going to be very interesting (that's confusing...)

6a00d834518cc969e20120a6876c45970b-800wi

The finalised promotional poster.

I'm excited. There aren't enough (any) good SciFi shows still on TV.