Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Iron Man

Iun

Avengers is a seperate movie altogether, however Iron Man 2 is introducing Thor, with the Thor movie out coming out (a few months) after that.

SO MANY MANY MOVIES!!!!!!! gah

rez, wanna revive the comic thread for a discussion of all things comic? like the avengers in the up coming movie, who will be in the group? :P

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO MANY MANY MOVIES!!!!!!! gah

rez, wanna revive the comic thread for a discussion of all things comic? like the avengers in the up coming movie, who will be in the group? :P

Definitely! I was thinking about reviewing my comics on there, and Id definitely like to discuss Avengers theories!

TO THE BAT CAVE!

Movies like Iron Man shouldn't be appreciated as a contribution to the art world but as entertainment and should be watched as a form of entertainment not as a message about some global dilemma.

You haven't read my posts, but:

It wasn't entertaining. How did Superman and Batman entertain? They had an emotional hook (and also did action well, which IM didn't)...Iron Man's emotional hook is the crisis of confidence, so it follows (on account of the lame action/villians) if the emotional hook were stronger (I.E. IM going out and doing some good) the movie as a whole would have been stronger AND YAR DE YAR DE YAR.

I guess you guys will suck up whatever trash they leave for you on the pavement.

Then please explain how it would be better with a stronger emotional hook because it´s apparent that you should know, you know being above us mere mortals and all...

When I went to see this movie I expected to be entertained for what it was not enlightened about arms dealing. And from the looks of the posts in the thread there weren't that many looking for that message in the movie.

And arms dealing pretty much boils down to common sense

Guns: Bad

Selling guns to warring nations: Bad too

Well Haver that was just harsh. I didn't see any of the hype, I didn't know anything about Iron Man except he looked kinda dull and stupid. Something that is entertaining does not need to have an emotional hook. Spiderman is entertaining besides any emotional hookup, because it's cool. I hate the emotional rubbish in the movie because it's lame, clichéd and used as a means to an end. Iron Man does away with that nonsense and gives us entertainment.

All because you weren't entertained doesn't mean it's fair for you to dig at us for enjoying it. That just makes you seem jealous.

Superman had no emotional hooks at all. It had no decent plot. It had no good action. It had nothing except awfulness.

I dunno about that....the scene where he saved the plane was awesome....

...So I was entertained for about 3 minutes of the film. :blank:

I kinda hate this run-up to Avengers. Thor doesn't need a movie, he's shite. He's worse than Hulk, as Hulk actualy has the whole psychological aspect to it. They'll try and make a fantasy epic movie of Thor, and I just know it'll fall flat. I'll clap if they include Enchantress though.

I don't think they even need a Captain America movie either, but he deserves one more than Thor. Thor has like, no origin story.

I'd prefer they hadn't annoyingly tied up the X-men series in X3, so more of them could be made. Wolverine is cool and all, but he's such a boring character. That and X1-3 were basically Wolverine films anyway.

I'd prefer they hadn't annoyingly tied up the X-men series in X3, so more of them could be made. Wolverine is cool and all, but he's such a boring character. That and X1-3 were basically Wolverine films anyway.

Yea. I would have preferred more X-Men films rather than "Wolverine" and "Magneto".

What next? An Ink film?*

*I don't know anything about X-Men at all. I just picked the worst-sounding one from wikipedia.

Yea. I would have preferred more X-Men films rather than "Wolverine" and "Magneto".

What next? An Ink film?*

*I don't know anything about X-Men at all. I just picked the worst-sounding one from wikipedia.

I consider myself a relative Marvel knowledge font, and I've never heard of Ink. :blank:

Magneto sounds worse as a premise for a film than Wolverine, despite preferring the character.

The X-Men movies annoyed me at that part...

Personally the only thing I´m looking forward to in the Wolverine movie is that Deadpool makes an appearance.

Also, Deadpool movie: Greatness.

I think X-Men 3 was such a shame as it could have been great. I actually really liked the fight scenes at the end of the movie, felt they seemed more epic than we'd had before that.

The way I saw it Singer was better at characters whereas Ratner is probably better at the big battles.

You think Cap doesn't deserve a film? Crazy talk! Hes one of the most deserving.

I dont think they will be able to Captain America justice, it could possibly turn out very cheesy and I also dont think they'll be able to get across just how respected he is by other heroes.

I was under the impression that Cap'n America was the retard of the sueprhero bunch...

How comes?

I agree Happenstance, it certainly has the potential to turn out cheesy, but I really think Marvel Studios know what they are doing now. They seem to have some very tight reins on what they will let happen at the moment, and they are weaving a rich tapestry of continuity, and I trust them.

I think the Cap film will be sick. Im extremely curious to hear who will play him.

Hes basically Marvels Superman

Cept' he can be killed. :heh:

I grew to like Captain America after reading a few of the Ultimate Avengers comics then going back to the older Avengers issues. Because of the slightly more mature storytelling in the Ultimates line, it gave Cap a little more meat to his story and reason to like him that the early comics were incapable of doing. But after reading Ultimates, I understood at last what they were getting at.

Oh and Haver, my apologies that one of the most entertaining movies I've ever been fortunate enough to see does not meet your expectations for art in motion. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and normally yours is quite interesting to read, but for some unfathomable reason, you've got a downer on this one, and I'm sorry.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!