NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

London Mayor

So it's the London Mayoral election on thursday, hope you Londoners who are old enough to vote are going to do so!

Don't forget that you're second choice is just as important as your first choice as if the first choice does not win by more than 50% then second choices are added!!

The candidates are:

Richard Barnbrook

British National Party

Gerard Batten

UK Independence Party

Siân Berry

Green Party

Alan Craig

Christian Peoples Alliance and Christian Party

Lindsey German

Left List

Boris Johnson

Conservative Party

Ken Livingstone

The Labour Party

Winston McKenzie

Independent

Matt O'Connor (pulled out)

English Democrats

Brian Paddick

Liberal Democrats

to read more about each candidate go here: http://www.londonelects.org.uk/info_for_candidates/the_mayoral_address_booklet.aspx'>http://www.londonelects.org.uk/info_for_candidates/the_mayoral_address_booklet.aspx

Perosnally I have had enough of Ken Livingstone. He thinks all Londoners are made of money by hiking up the prices of everything especially transport that does not reflect fairly on inflation. He has also started to cut the funding of local theatre groups and sports schemes to pay for the sodding olympics. One of which is the London Bubble which has been around years and who my girlfriend has worked for. It's a sad day when a company that has been around since the 80's that a lot of people love has to shut cos they can't afford to stay open due to a 90% cut in funding!!! A lot of people DO NOT want the olympics either.

I just feel London needs a change and at the moment that buffling fool Boris is winning my vote. A lot of the stuff he says is making sense to me on crime, transport and giving us back more for our taxes and to be honest he can't do any worse than livingstone! Boris is also gonna get rid of those ridiculous bendy buses that are a joke on london streets. :)

As for second choice I just don't know. Defo NOT livingstone for fear of him winning again.

We also have to vote for the london Assembley and your local borough member too which are just as important.

If you are a Londoner and want to know more click here: http://www.londonelects.org.uk

070814borismain.jpg

So long as it doesn't stop him guest hosting HIGNFY that is.

I really can't decide. I'm inclined to vote UK Independence Company, but it's unlikely they'll win. Other than that, its between Boris and Ken. But Boris is a rascist, posh faggot and Livingtone is just a general prick who wants to extend the Congestion Charge to my area.

Democracy sucks.

If I could vote it'd probably be Boris purely because he's hilarious.

I really can't decide. I'm inclined to vote UK Independence Company, but it's unlikely they'll win.

And they're a bunch of deranged frothing idiots who inhabit a word with only a vague relation to reality.

I'd vote for good old Red Ken if I lived down there, but I don't so I won't.

I completely agree with Twozzock. Borris '"Ever slept with another man?" "...Not...yet"' Johnson ftw.

I'm laughing. I love Sian Berry. Could be an RPG character.

Boris ftw/Sian ftw.

I'm rooting for Boris Johnstone although obviously I have no say in it. The stuff he's saying is (mostly) good and will benefit the city.

Johnson is MASSIVE FUCKING ****!

How many times does he have to be a scandal prone, racist, toffy nosed tory shitbag for people to get past his foppish fringe and stop posting 'LOL LEGREND!' everywhere. He's a tory! that's like carrying a 'I'm in league with Belezebub' card around like a bus pass.

How many times does he have to be a scandal prone, racist, toffy nosed tory shitbag for people to get past his foppish fringe and stop posting 'LOL LEGREND!' everywhere. He's a tory! that's like carrying a 'I'm in league with Belezebub' card around like a bus pass.

It's the same with Labour and Conservatives in the general elections. How shit do they have to be before people stop voting them in? You can't even go on the policies that they propose anymore because you can't even trust that they will stick to their word.

At the last general election the only parties my parents could vote for were Labour and Conservative. Hardly democratic.

But he IS better than Ken in my opinion of course :heh:

But he IS better than Ken in my opinion of course :heh:

What about the other candidates?

What about the other candidates?

A lot of their policies I do not agree with.

Boris on the other hand I do agree with. If he carries out the things he is saying or not is another question but im willing to take that risk.

ALAN CRAIG FTW :heh:

Some of this candidates are overlooked.... :blank:

Also the Guy for the BNP used to be my art teacher about 7 or 8 Years ago! :o

How anyone could think of voting Johnson in is beyond me. Its a fucking idiot. Enjoy all the good things London had under Ken (oh no congestion charge, boo hoo hoo) going to the dogs with Boris.

As for the people voting him in for lol factor - stick to Britain's Got Talent.

finally, a voice of sanity!

(which is good, cosidering you're going into a career injecting people with needles and stuff.)

How anyone could think of voting Johnson in is beyond me. Its a fucking idiot. Enjoy all the good things London had under Ken (oh no congestion charge, boo hoo hoo) going to the dogs with Boris.

As for the people voting him in for lol factor - stick to Britain's Got Talent.

Enjoy all the things ken has done? what like rip me off! forcing me to get an oyster card or be ripped off on the bus by paying £2? yeah I enjoyed that.

Have you read all the other candidates policies? Have you lived in London under Ken livingstone?

The only candidates that appeal to me are boris and that left list woman.

I read the book yesterday! :D

It was a hilarious read! Yeah I'm not ready to vote yet!

Luckily I'm 17! :)

Either

Siân Berry

Green Party

Or

Lindsey German

Left List

And Ken as my second choice.

Wasn't there alot of support for that Brian guy? (No idea why, I just remember him being mentioned alot).

Enjoy all the things ken has done? what like rip me off! forcing me to get an oyster card or be ripped off on the bus by paying £2? yeah I enjoyed that.

Have you read all the other candidates policies? Have you lived in London under Ken livingstone?

The only candidates that appeal to me are boris and that left list woman.

£2? Buses are more expensive in brighton, matey!

Try £3.40 here >_>

Although I'm not the most informed, I still think Ken Livingstone, although a dickhead, is the best choice. And his congestion charge idea does make sense.

Sign in to follow this