NEurope

Indeed, but it doesn't do any harm not to get hyped up only to get disapointed.

No, of course, you're right. It's always best to take everything with a pinch of cynacism. I feel I do that a little too much though, perosnally, and I am a sucker for anything that reminds me of the original Half-Life :P

The track record is, admittedly, made up of largely liscenced games. However, you also need to take into account that with those games, the publisher was likely typically strict with deadlines and intrusive in the devlopment process.

HVS have already stated that the reason they've not chosen a publisher yet (they have about 10 trying to bite their hands off) is because they've been burned in the past. HVS have a big enough budget to get The Conduit finished themselves, and when they feel the game is far enough along so it can't be tampered with by any other company, they'll open up to publishers.

This really isn't like any other game they've made before.

Precisely, this is the first time they've been able to do what they want. You'll find that if every developer could just make what they wanted without being tied to deadlines and the every whim of a publisher, they'd be capable of an amazing title.

I am glad that HVS have confirmed that "many publishers" are interested because intially I thought that this game might struggle to get one due to the "Wiiosophy" being that the console is not for hardcore gamers thus hardcore games don't sell.

Well I say excuse me, look at the Resident Evil games for a start.

Anyways I feel that this game may define the future for "Hardcore" FPS on the Wii.

Dont know if this had already been said but according to an interview here there will be no split screen multiplayer

Yeah that sucks ass :/ Framerate issues maybe? At least it'll have LAN

Split screen multiplayer for an FPS is always shite, even the greatest FPS of all time (Perfect Dark) was awful when played with more than one. Squinting your eyes to be able to see what you're doing is not cool. Even less cool is aiming your wiimote at a quarter of the tele (I'm looking at you, Red Steel).

As long as it has LAN and online, I'm a happy camper.

LAN is awesome but bothersome, online takes most of the fun out of multiplayer to me, and although with small TVs split screen can be hard, I always managed ^^

The hand impresses me a lot too oddly, probably because when Far Cry was first shown on Wii I was appauled at how the bump mapped hands of the PC version had been destroyed, so it's good to see a game getting up to a high quality standard for them.

Split screen by the way... I dunno how people can still enjoy it nowadays. In the past with mutliplayer I enjoyed it a lot yeah but nowadays with 4 player games the cramped screensize (even on an HDTV) gets on my tits so much it heavily distracts from my enjoyment. Sure it's still a more social experience and all that and lans are much more annoying to set up but it's definitely a drastically outdated style.

Dont know if this had already been said but according to an interview here there will be no split screen multiplayer

seriously? oh fuck off so..

This kinda shit has to stop..

What worried me the most is that I seem to be the ONLY person bothered by this.. I think it has to stop. Slpit screen before lan anyday we are not ALL millionaires

No, but most people own a Wii. LAN is really fun, I've done it a few times with friends on Gears of War and Halo 3. The battle cry of my large-headed friend in the other room ("WALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" it was, the nickname is because he looks like the stripy jumpered one who loves to hide) right before he chainsawed my comrade was priceless.

seriously? oh fuck off so..

This kinda shit has to stop..

What worried me the most is that I seem to be the ONLY person bothered by this.. I think it has to stop. Slpit screen before lan anyday we are not ALL millionaires

The wii's FPS control system + Split screen => :shakehead

Split screen multiplayer for an FPS is always shite, even the greatest FPS of all time (Perfect Dark) was awful when played with more than one. Squinting your eyes to be able to see what you're doing is not cool. Even less cool is aiming your wiimote at a quarter of the tele (I'm looking at you, Red Steel).

As long as it has LAN and online, I'm a happy camper.

Split screen multiplayer for an FPS is always shite, except the greatest FPS of all time (Goldeneye)

[/correction]

: peace:

No, but most people own a Wii.

No they don't. Two of my closest friends don't have any consoles, but both like playing on them. We play splitscreen games at my house. However, recent cutting down to 2P splitscreen, and now no splitscreen, has limited us to Halo 3 and Mario Kart Wii...

Split screen multiplayer for an FPS is always shite, except the greatest FPS of all time (Goldeneye)

Timesplitters, biatch, Timesplitters... :indeed:

The wii's FPS control system + Split screen => :shakehead

well spotted.

I'm sorry but why? The IR pointing has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the screen, you know it's because of the sensor bar. I've seen some people saying this and it still makes no sense, at least for me, I mean I know it's not a lightgun and when I'm playing I don't feel like I'm controlling a lightgun at all, but changing the weapons position, so the size of the screen doesn't matter. I've played Metroid in tiny tvs and huge tvs and found no difference whatsoever.

I'm sorry but why? The IR pointing has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the screen, you know it's because of the sensor bar. I've seen some people saying this and it still makes no sense, at least for me, I mean I know it's not a lightgun and when I'm playing I don't feel like I'm controlling a lightgun at all, but changing the weapons position, so the size of the screen doesn't matter. I've played Metroid in tiny tvs and huge tvs and found no difference whatsoever.

Well I have a 28 inch tv to play my wii on. Somehow the idea of pointing at only 1/4 of the screen at smaller enemies is quite unappealing.

I'm sorry but why? The IR pointing has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the screen, you know it's because of the sensor bar.
It sort of does, actually. For Metroid I had to unrealistically big movements on my 20" screen, but I didn't notice until I played it on a 32". It's not much of a difference, but I imagine that a quarter screen size will have a big effect.

The graphics look so great as a technical achievement, but artistically they're still so bland...

It sort of does, actually. For Metroid I had to unrealistically big movements on my 20" screen, but I didn't notice until I played it on a 32". It's not much of a difference, but I imagine that a quarter screen size will have a big effect.

The graphics look so great as a technical achievement, but artistically they're still so bland...

but er isn;t the wii movement done by the sensor bar?

No i really think this has nothing to do with the controller. Red steel worked fine in split screen and STILL remains the wiis best fps split screen experience and im pissed off with that.

again no split screen= no sell

[/correction]

: peace:

..............no

I don't want there to be any blood here, folks! Let's just calm down and relax. Have I introduced you to my friend, The Vein?

theconduit2008061102122bq8.jpg

Sorry man, but no, if there's anything it's just psychological, the movements are the same regardless of tv size.