NEurope

Looks really nice, can't wait to see the game in motion. Hopefully this can start a trend with developers, even if they don't want to put effort in and make an engine for the Wii they can use this.

It's about FUCKING time.

This is really, really promising. Let's just hope it all goes to plan.

Is this the next generation of Wii games?

The tech demo was very, very impressive: good frame rate when in motion, and, as with all Wii games, the textures look better when in motion.

Hopefully, this will stop Nintendo being the only company to make Wii games that both look nice and are "proper" games...

In my opinion, the only genuinely good third party FPS on the Wii so far has been Call of Duty 3, which, while not perfect, was a launch game, and was done by what I consider to be a very average developer.

I can't wait to see some gameplay footage, as long as it's a solid shooter, I'm happy.

Strange name though, doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Wire which electricity runs through, maybe the story/weapons reflect an energy theme in some way.

Holy crap, apparently, these are the guys behind Lego Racers, all those years ago. That game was possibly my first ever video game, and I played it again about a year ago. It's a bit like Total Annihilation - it's still awesome!

My expectation level just shot up again.

That's pretty good.

To be honest, any third party developer knowing what a TEV pipeline was, was an improvement, but an engine like this is just great. That game is looking really nice. Finally third party developers can tap into the Wii's powers as well. This is just beta stuff too.

I don't doubt at all that this is going to find a publisher. But, then again, these guys are the developers of 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Family Guy the Video Game, so let's just wait and see. The technology is all there though!

I'm more excited about the fact that someone made a good engine than about the game itself, although it shows some promise.

bowdown: Respect to the developers.:bowdown:

I REALLY want this to turn out well!

Support this game:yay:

"We think it's a real shame that publishers and developers aren't taking advantage of the technical possibilities of the Wii platform. Most Wii games don't even look as good as the later day PS2 titles and that's a real slap in the face to consumers,"

We believe that third-party developers need to step up to the plate and deliver. The Wii platform is capable of a lot more than what consumers have seen so far. We're hoping to raise a new bar."

Somebody buy this man a drink!

"Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year. We have real-time normal mapping, reflection and refraction, post process full screen effects, real-time shadows, projected lights and textures, specularity and fresnel effects, emissive and iridescent materials, interactive water, morphing, and much more all running with a rock solid frame rate on the Wii. Our goal is to be the most technically innovative Wii developer on the planet."

Finally our prayers have been answered! Fight the Power!

That's pretty good.

To be honest, any third party developer knowing what a TEV pipeline was, was an improvement, but an engine like this is just great. That game is looking really nice. Finally third party developers can tap into the Wii's powers as well. This is just beta stuff too.

Indeed, indeed! for the most time they're clueless.

This is not system pushing material just yet; the soldiers for example have low polycounts, some textures tile countless times in a pattern without variety and others look generic at times, some plain surfaces regarding level geometry too , while enemies like the bugs seem to have bumps added just for the sake of it (and wouldn't call the designs of some of them good)

But we've got to see this is their sole investment and that they have no publisher, and based on that notion... this was a colossal undertaking and I have to say they're putting more effort in, than most big studios (which is a shame too)

Their engine seems to be a suite of tools that tackles on how to do it on hardware, and that, or course is a pretty good improvement in third party middlewares.

Im... Speechless....

*Starts saving a lot of money :D*

Multiplayer, pleaseeeeee

The main problem is that Nintendo got into new customer areas much too far. Publishers rather make a game which appeals to everyone instead to a certain core audience. That said I really hope the game gets a publisher AND decent sales - because every game directed at an older audience failing now means a lot less games of that kind in the future.

Right now the Wii is still growing and has sold a tremendous amount nobody would have thought but the game line up is still not what the console deserves. As usual the first party games are top notch and then there are a few outstanding third party games - the rest is mediocre and beyond.

Now if I look around at new game anouncements it is always PS3 and 360 which get the good games and if Nintendo is lucky the Wii gets a port (Soulcalibur Next vs. Soulcalibur Legends).

So I really hope that The Conduit turns out the be not only a great game but one that is actually bought by the people out there. Because that is a main problem on the Wii ... Spongebob Squarepants, Movie games, etc. often sell better than real games.

bowdown: Respect to the developers.:bowdown:

I REALLY want this to turn out well!

Support this game:yay:

Somebody buy this man a drink!

Finally our prayers have been answered! Fight the Power!

Bluddy hell, word to his mama! :)

My expectations, as well as other parts of my body, are rising with anticipation.

Im... Speechless....

*Starts saving a lot of money :D*

Multiplayer, pleaseeeeee

I don't think the game will cost a lot of money to us.

anchorman.jpg

I'm more excited about the fact that someone made a good engine than about the game itself, although it shows some promise.

Me too. Still skeptical about the game, wanna see more and in motion. I'd like a solid single player experience, as opposed to the modern trend of focusing on multiplayer. For one, I don't have the Wii connected to the net... And for two, I like single player games, being engrossed with a good story and ambient.

More games using an engine like this are welcome. Horror games, action games, stealth games, the more the merrier.

Now if I look around at new game anouncements it is always PS3 and 360 which get the good games and if Nintendo is lucky the Wii gets a port (Soulcalibur Next vs. Soulcalibur Legends).
For no good reason though, SC Legends is a joke at best.

BTW and since we're talking of ports in a rather positivist thread and all (and I think I haven't seen you for a while)... I do recall you saying this:

So far we did not hear anything from Take Two yet BUT I am quite sure that GTA4 will hit the Wii ... like I said before and my sources never lie.

Sorry for the slight offtopic, but I didn't want to resurrect the thread either.

Out of curiosity, what's made of that? GTA4 is almost out now. and any kind of info, rumor whatever, is ok for me.

So I really hope that The Conduit turns out the be not only a great game but one that is actually bought by the people out there. Because that is a main problem on the Wii ... Spongebob Squarepants, Movie games, etc. often sell better than real games.
So do they on any platform that's driven by the masses, hence why PS2 actually had exclusive noddy and power rangers games.

The question is not new, or even relevant, it comes with the success; but it's only one side of it, the other is good games, lot's of investment from the third party's and all... And that's what is new now; only getting one side of the stick due to crap developers and their biased philosophies.

I don't think the game will cost a lot of money to us.

anchorman.jpg

???

Didn't get it lol

Sorry for the slight offtopic, but I didn't want to resurrect the thread either.

Out of curiosity, what's made of that? GTA4 is almost out now. and any kind of info, rumor whatever, is ok for me.So do they on any platform that's driven by the masses, hence why PS2 actually had exclusive noddy and power rangers games.

Sorry but theres no way that GTA IV will come out on Wii. Not the 360/PS3 version anyway, scaled down or not.

???

Didn't get it lol

Explaining jokes (specially if they're lame) is made of fail, so live with it :P

Sorry but theres no way that GTA IV will come out on Wii. Not the 360/PS3 version anyway, scaled down or not.
I'm not feeding any kind of such hope you know, neither am I hyped for it or a GTA fan... But still was a statement said, and since it was so long ago, I dugged it.

Who knows what may come out of it.

Slooooow saturday, I need something to get my teeth on.

Explaining jokes (specially if they're lame) is made of fail, so live with it :P

That's what I think too, if a friend tells someone a joke, and the person doesn't understand it, I cringe when they explain it all and the person just responds like 'meeeehhh!'

cough"red steel looked way better than this in the opening screens "cough"

No. They were just blurry so everyone just imagined that they were amazing.

BTW and since we're talking of ports in a rather positivist thread and all (and I think I haven't seen you for a while)... I do recall you saying this:

Out of curiosity, what's made of that? GTA4 is almost out now. and any kind of info, rumor whatever, is ok for me.

I am also pretty amazed that Rockstar and furthermore Take Two did not at least port parts of GTA4 to the Wii or anything similar. Don't ask me why - I was told it is 100% sure that it happens.

I am also pretty amazed that Rockstar and furthermore Take Two did not at least port parts of GTA4 to the Wii or anything similar. Don't ask me why - I was told it is 100% sure that it happens.
Ok, if anything new regarding that or any other kind of tidbit gets to you, don't hesitate :p

Are there any other pre-E3 Wii rumblings going around now?