NEurope

Awful video quality, but graphics really do look nice.

It definatley shows potential. I think I remember IGN saying that when they saw the first footage, HVS told them that the graphics would be significantly upped. Still, this game certainly shows effort rarely seen in a 3rd party Wii game. I'm the biggest possible fan of the original Half-Life, so as long as they can make this an atmospheric, as well as action-packed experience, I'll snap this up with no fuss.

The aiming seems more like Red Steel than Metroid or MoH, but we'll see. The graphics aren't pushing the Wii, but they look good and it has an Half Life vibe, so I'm interested.

Needs more work, some areas look good, some look bad. Lighting is still too one-dimensional and they could tone down the colours, they are too vivid, IMO.

But it does look good, in an "early work in progress" way.

The aiming seems more like Red Steel than Metroid or MoH, but we'll see. The graphics aren't pushing the Wii, but they look good and it has an Half Life vibe, so I'm interested.

AREN'T pushing the Wii? Did you watch the same trailer?

It's definitely pushing, it looks a good bit beyond virtually everything on Gamecube. It's pretty much at the same point as Prime 3 technically I'd say, though obviously not quite as artistically inspired. It even has stencil shadows on the characters in that trailer and they look great. That's a very, very rare sight on Wii.

The only game on Wii that without any doubt looks better is Galaxy but it basically pushes the Wii as far as it can go for that genre and gets away with it more due to the nature of the environments and gameplay. You could never have lighting of Galaxy's quality in a Wii FPS really, at least not one with large open environments.

I bet even when we see Factor's 5 games people will be all "not pushing the Wii!" despite the fact there's likely no one out there that could do more technically with the system than them.

It is pushing some techniques not shown by third party games, but at the moment it might as well have been an Xbox game, while the Wii can do better than that.

The engine will develop, and the designs will look less dodgy as time passes though. This game is only shown as they need a publisher (a.k.a. money).

AREN'T pushing the Wii? Did you watch the same trailer?

It's definitely pushing, it looks a good bit beyond virtually everything on Gamecube. It's pretty much at the same point as Prime 3 technically I'd say, though obviously not quite as artistically inspired. It even has stencil shadows on the characters in that trailer and they look great. That's a very, very rare sight on Wii.

The only game on Wii that without any doubt looks better is Galaxy but it basically pushes the Wii as far as it can go for that genre and gets away with it more due to the nature of the environments and gameplay. You could never have lighting of Galaxy's quality in a Wii FPS really, at least not one with large open environments.

I bet even when we see Factor's 5 games people will be all "not pushing the Wii!" despite the fact there's likely no one out there that could do more technically with the system than them.

I'm sorry but no, the game doesn't push the Wii at all, MP looks much better than this. I'm not gonna elaborate, cause Im kinda sick :P

EDIT: what DCK said

It doesnt look great yet, but it does look fun, some of the weapons are cool, like that shotgun which he nails 2 people with. The bit at the end is interesting.

This is kind of why I want a PS3, they look so much better. Haze is amazing.

Two things impressed me about this: the fact that a third party is actually using some of the Wii's graphical potential, and the framerate is a smooth as a bald man's head.

This game has got me quite excited.

Hope it doesn't let me down. What have these people actually made before?

You're better off not knowing, trust me. Think of them as an awesome new developer.

50 Cent: Bulletproof G Unit Edition

Okay... im having some troubles with this now :X

It doesnt look great yet, but it does look fun, some of the weapons are cool, like that shotgun which he nails 2 people with. The bit at the end is interesting.

This is kind of why I want a PS3, they look so much better. Haze is amazing.

You've obviously missed the reviews of Haze... Poor.

I'm really hoping High Voltage make a good go of this. Nintendo really should pick this up, they need a new FPS franchise to push sales further- Geist fluffed it on Cube, despite having the best premise you could've wanted.

I'm really hoping High Voltage make a good go of this. Nintendo really should pick this up, they need a new FPS franchise to push sales further- Geist fluffed it on Cube, despite having the best premise you could've wanted.
I loved geist, I'm actually looking forward to anything N-space releases on the Wii now

I don't dislike Geist. It was a superb idea. It just needed an extra 2 years in development- nail the frame rate, add some waggle and a become a launch title for Wii.

I loved geist, I'm actually looking forward to anything N-space releases on the Wii now

Target Toss Pro: Bags for WiiWare. You throw bean bags at targets.

Target Toss Pro: Bags for WiiWare. You throw bean bags at targets.

I'll take 3 of those.

I don't dislike Geist. It was a superb idea. It just needed an extra 2 years in development- nail the frame rate, add some waggle and a become a launch title for Wii.

I agree, but it was an experimental title like Battalion Wars, Mario Baseball and others. Nintendo released them on the Cube to see if they can have a future

You've obviously missed the reviews of Haze... Poor.

I was gobsmacked when they released that review. 4.5 from IGN... I thought it looked good, played well, but obviously not. They said the visuals were poor even though it was better than Resistance, which they scored highly.

Maybe the demo was the only good because it was that, and also because it was overhyped.

Oh well.

I think this looks great, the graphics are nice. Lets hope it turns out well and has good online multiplayer. Even if it does turn out badly, it can't end up as bad as HAZE lolol

Yeah but I would say that if Haze came out on the Wii they would have given it at least a 7 just because it's a FPS.