NEurope

Really, really happy that people are making a Wii specific engine. I agree with Hellfire about that this game itself doesn't look that great but that doesn't mean much.

But I would say this: other engines have made their way into a format for the Wii (Oblivion's engine for instance) but I don't know of any games that are being developed for those engines.

This shows a lot of potential for great stuff to come to the console. And that's all we can ask fro really.

^ Yeah, I really wonder what the Gamebryo engine will deliver us. If it uses a similar degree of Wii specific features the High Voltage engine uses, it'll be even better, because it allows better migrating of rescources (aka porting) to Wii from PS360 Gamebryo games.

the-conduit-20080417032705723_640w.jpg

Now this is more like it - It's about time!

I wonder how Timesplitters 4 is progressing on the Wii?

Hmm, it's no visual masterpiece, but I like those environments. The hands that's holding the handgun... That's pretty bad, though.

But if this has a smooth and consistant framerate (and controls that work, ofcourse), it'll more than make up for it. I hope we see some gameplay-movie soon. They draw inspiration from MP:Corruption and MOH: Heroes 2? If they nail those controls, we're in for quite a ride!

I'm really not sure what's getting people hyped for this game. It looks like it's doing some interesting effects that other developers don't really try on Wii but it all comes across as a visual mess so far. One of the things pinpointed in the tech demo of the engine was the projected shadows, yet we're not seeing any of that here, the draw distance is ass and the polycounts and texture resolutions are all over the place.

For all the flack Red Steel got I thought it actually was pretty visually decent, better looking than this anyway. It was mainly the gameplay that was the issue for that game.

That pic up there looks like a first person Body Harvest!

Yeah, the graphics look a bit dodgy at this point but I think what everyone is so excited about is the fact that the developers seem more keen than the majority of others. There is room for improvement, but I thought that the game was a work in progress anyway, meaning it should see plenty of improvement.

I guess it's fair to say this is an early build so we'll see what it looks like later down the line. I think what is getting people hyped is the idea, no one is really coming with (as they say) a "mature" title, an FPS at that, so the fact a company is (and appears to be making an effort with it) is fresh. Titles with this idea are few and far between at the mo, so it's a bigger deal when one comes along.

Lets see how it pans out, if it's decent, a lot of people would be satisfied as it is a step in a direction that needs to be tapped.

EDIT - And then darksnowman came right before me :heh:

The excitement is that they're creating a good engine, miles ahead fo most 3rd party engines, that despite not pushing the Wii to the limit, looks good. And considering it's a somewhat small dev, it just shows the state of 3rs parties. You can't judge the engine by the screenshots though.

The excitement is that they're creating a good engine, miles ahead fo most 3rd party engines, that despite not pushing the Wii to the limit, looks good. And considering it's a somewhat small dev, it just shows the state of 3rs parties. You can't judge the engine by the screenshots though.

There's that too ;)

It looks like it has the potential. It's great to see someone creating a new engine just for Wii and I think this is something we will see more of as the PS2 dies out and people have to start creating for Wii from scratch...

Hopefully its good enough to warrant buying so we see more developers putting in this much effort.

The reason to get hyped about the screens is the potential they show. There's some interesting effects that have only been shown in Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime, and seeing they're out to license the engine, that's a very good sign.

It's obvious that the screens are in really preliminary stages. Most stuff is horribly textured, some of it isn't even textured, and there's no draw distance. This isn't because of the engine, just showing that the game is in early alpha stages. These guys have went public now, as they need the public's support to get a publisher (which is crazy), so they can get (financial) support for the development of this game.

The reason to get hyped about the screens is the potential they show. There's some interesting effects that have only been shown in Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime, and seeing they're out to license the engine, that's a very good sign.

It's obvious that the screens are in really preliminary stages. Most stuff is horribly textured, some of it isn't even textured, and there's no draw distance. This isn't because of the engine, just showing that the game is in early alpha stages. These guys have went public now, as they need the public's support to get a publisher (which is crazy), so they can get (financial) support for the development of this game.

yeah this is obvious but character models etc... look good so hopefully the rest is to follow, most of the walls look awful texture wise but its all there to progress to the next stage.

DIRTY, DIRTY CON, IT LOOKS CRAP BLACK ON PS2 LOOK BETTER

Would you just go take your pointless rants which are clearly intended to get a bad reaction somewhere else?

newsflash: because Black on PS2 didn't had 4x AA nor was it running at 800x600 like the bullshots would indicate. Quite the contrary.

Would you just go take your pointless rants which are clearly intended to get a bad reaction somewhere else?

It's the truth

It's the truth

black-20060209114620916.jpg

So is this:

newsflash: because Black on PS2 didn't had 4x AA nor was it running at 800x600 like the bullshots would indicate. Quite the contrary.

I'll correct one thing though, see the 800x511 resolution? that means the screenshots were actually running in a workstation at 1600x1280; plus the 4x AA (wow?)

Also bare in mind two things, first... Black is a finished game, this one is in development, second... Black was done by Criterion... no less than the Renderware team, who had a way bigger budget and years of experience with it... and... THEY USED BULLSHOTS to promote the look of the game (and really, if I was a Wii developer I'd use bullshots at all times, seeing that realistically all Xbox titles last gen did and most HD titles still do. The conduit... isn't using bullshots though.

How many times have we had this argument exactly? It's like an itchy rash that keeps coming back on humid nights.

It's the truth

So?

- Huge capitals mixed with extremely bad grammar don't gel.

- How can the game be a con? You haven't played it. It's still in development. The developers have said that it will look a lot better when released.

- Unfounded comments such as those will get you a bad reputation among the forum community, make you look like an idiot, and you'll probably end up on the blocked list of most people.

Hopefully the gameplay footage (E3 probably, if not sooner) will enlighten us. Personally I think it looks good but not as great as the developers are making it out to be, even if it's relatively early in development.

How many times have we had this argument exactly? It's like an itchy rash that keeps coming back on humid nights.

Glad we have pedro here to teach fools. Because he pities them. Do they learn? No.