NEurope

Some new images up at IGN like this:

the-conduit-20080613040645371_640w.jpg

But my fave so far has been this one:

the-conduit-20080611021357865_640w.jpg

That last pic reminds me of MGS1 where the dudes are slaughtered by the "invisible" Ninja.

Looking good though.

A 15 page factsheet has been released to the press detailing characters, enemies, weapons and locations. In no particular order:

theconduit_061808_13167.jpg

theconduit_061808_13166.jpg

theconduit_061808_13165.jpg

theconduit_061808_13164.jpg

theconduit_061808_13163.jpg

theconduit_061808_13162.jpg

theconduit_061808_13161.jpg

theconduit_061808_13160.jpg

Thank you, sister Kombo

Those enemies look like they are taken from the Luminoth and others from Metroid Prime series, the guns look reminiscent of ones found in Perfect Dark and Turok and one of those screens makes the main character look like some cross between Snake and Gordon Freeman.

This could be good. :smile:

Those enemies look like they are taken from the Luminoth and others from Metroid Prime series, the guns look reminiscent of ones found in Perfect Dark and Turok and one of those screens makes the main character look like some cross between Snake and Gordon Freeman.

This could be good. :smile:

I was thinking that! they look just like Space Pirates! I hope this is good, I really really do!

As has been said before, this deserves to sell and sell well!

They really are putting effort into all aspects and it's sounding REALLY good!

They're really putting incredible effort into this and it really deserves to sell well. However, I'm a bit sceptical how it will be able to compete on the shelf against other FPS like Crysis or Bioshock, because after all no genre is so much about graphics than FPSs.

But they surely are pushing the Wii a lot and I hope some other studios will license their engine as well and visuals like this will become standard for wii owners.

At the moment, this is a must-buy for me. Unless it all goes to pot and this dramatically turns out to be really bad, then I have high hopes for this one.

I was just about to mention the link to Metroid Prime: Hunters, glad somebody already beat me to it. :)

This

is turning into Resistance, think before you flame =[

LOOKS AWESOME THOUGH

This

is turning into Resistance, think before you flame =[

LOOKS AWESOME THOUGH

Eet's....eeeet's too late...

You're already on fire.

:shakehead

Even though it's really turning out to be a generic sci-fi shooter, it looks ****ing ace :smile:

Looks smexy.

The one problem is that it makes pretty much every other Wii game looks technically very poor indeed...

That's the first time I've seen this game in motion and been reminded of Half-Life.

Want now.

That's the first time I've seen this game in motion and been reminded of Half-Life.

Want now.

Yer, I got a little bit of that vibe aswell. Was mainly from the obvious things like the aliens but also the more subtle stuff - that smg had a really unrealistic feel to it, much like in original Half Life.

I wouldn't expect it to be even a tenth of the game of either Half Life or it's sequel and the episodes. Still, that doesn't rule it out from still being very, very goof!

Even though it's really turning out to be a generic sci-fi shooter, it looks ****ing ace :smile:

That's what's sweet about Wii controls, generic games become fun because of them. MoH was like that.

Might as well post the screens, in some ways they're even more impressive than the short clip:

the-conduit-20080709061825569_640w.jpg

the-conduit-20080709061826928_640w.jpg

the-conduit-20080709075701694_640w.jpg

the-conduit-20080709075703053_640w.jpg

*sigh* High Voltage invited us to come and play this at E3, but we're not gonna be there this year. :(

*sigh* High Voltage invited us to come and play this at E3, but we're not gonna be there this year. :(

I wouldn't worry about it, Nathan. It's a bit much to expect a European, voluntarily-run website to be able to fly out to Los Angeles for a week anyway.

Besides, the real fun of E3 is always coming on here to express and compare reactions :)

I wouldn't worry about it, Nathan. It's a bit much to expect a European, voluntarily-run website to be able to fly out to Los Angeles for a week anyway.

Besides, the real fun of E3 is always coming on here to express and compare reactions :)

Don't you worry, I will be there next year. I think Tom, Tapedeck and others hope to go too. Who will update the site?!