NEurope
somme

Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming - knowing you're dreaming and be able to control what happens in dreams. I managed to do this last night by accident, but then realised how I managed to do it and did it again another 2 times. The dreams didn't last long though. I shall have to try and make them last longer. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Any one else ever had a lucid dream?

That's not what I understand lucid dreaming to but ahhh well.

From wikipedia, (and any other website on lucid dreaming):

A lucid dream, also known as a conscious dream, is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment, as well as to perform otherwise physically impossible feats. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream.

What did you think lucid dreaming was, Jamba?

Go rent/'acquire' Waking Life. It's kind of about lucid dreaming/philosophical approaches to existence and perception. Barely a traditional movie at all. Plus it's rotoscoped and looks awesome.

Where you mix being awake with being asleep. You will be lying in your bed unable to move due to the neuro chemicals that your body floods itself with during the night stop you moving in your sleep. Your eyes will be open and you will see the room that you are in but your brain is still sorting information and will start to over lay some of that into what you percieve to be seeing. The result is a holucination that is combined with partial or total paralysis.

Notice how most alien abduction stories sound similar to this scenario, cant move, seeing scary shit etc? Well thats because they are all the thing that i've just described.

That's sleep paralysis. I've had that too - scary, but once you know whats happening..it's interesting.

Last night the two sort of combined, I realised I was dreaming, but for some reason wanted to make sure I could wake up, so I tried opening my "real" eyes, (it's hard to explain), but I couldn't, then I felt paralysed, then tried again and succeeded.

I used to do this a lot when I was a kid. Problem is it involves so much conscious thought that you quickly wake up.

I´ve had that happen to me, ended up with me falling to my death so I could wake up...

I used to do this a lot when I was a kid. Problem is it involves so much conscious thought that you quickly wake up.

I used to wake up as soon as I knew I was dreaming, last night was the first proper time I was able to continue it going for a fair while. I think the first time was about half an hour, but the other two times were shorter. All three took place in the same place, a club I worked in, in Australia. However it was a little wrong, for example there was a room where the staircase should have been. But I said to myself, "That's wrong". So I blinked and changed it into stairs, quite satisfying, :D

Dunno about lucid dreaming, but the other day I dreamt I was on Strictly Come Dancing.

True story.

When I was a child I often wished I could have a lucid dream (I had a very dirty mind from a very young age). Once I did have a lucid dream, well sort of. I knew I was dreaming but I carried on doing mundane tasks and couldn't control myself.

I had one lucid dream when I was 5 or 6 - I was in a big metal tunnel with a step to another floor, and I realised I could fly, and was going everywhere having a great time!

I always wanted to do it again, but its never happened :(

More often than not people wake themselves up due the excitement of realising you can control pretty much anything you want.

I had one, it was pretty horrible. Within the last 6 months it was.

My body was asleep, but my mind was awake and i was trying to wake up but my eyes wouldn't open.

But it felt like my eyes were focused, even though my eyelids were shut. It was really fucking horrible it felt so difficult to get my body out of that and i was freaking out for abit after.

^ That was sleep paralysis. I had it once and thought there was someone in my room, some sort of ghost or evil spirit. But I found out this is a pretty common occurance. Apparently you can also find it hard to breathe and feel as though something is pushing down on your chest.

Lucid Dreaming is awesome, it feels so real, yet you know it's not and can control it.

Sometimes once I'm fully awake I want to go back into the dream. Pretty funny.

I had a rather memorable one a few years ago, I was in my living room with Saturos and Menardi from Golden Sun, so decided it would be cool to try and defeat them, but in a telekinesis match.

The set up was: one of them would stand at one end of the room, me at the other. The mini air-freshener was in the centre and we had to try and pull it towards us. I think Saturos won the first easily, but I really tried my best against Menardi ajnd eventually triumphed.

Of, course I knew it couldn't possibly be real, so I decided to make the most out of my imagination... and it was mega kickass while it lasted.

I'm not sure if it was one of these but once I touched something in a dream, then when I woke up I just had a feeling that I had actually touched it.

I did sleepwalk back then though so this may just not be the case.

I'd love to have one though.

When I'm dreaming I have no strength. Like I'll punch someone and they won't even flinch,.

Also has anybody dreamed they were falling and woke up and put your hands out?

Or has anybody woke up as they got hit in the dream and then moved your head as if you actually got hit? I've felt it after I've woken up before.

I do that at least once a week, at first it was disconcerting but now I'm more philosophical about it and think it's awesome.

When I'm dreaming I have no strength. Like I'll punch someone and they won't even flinch,.

That happens to me a lot. In my dreams, I'm always powerless.

I seem to be pretty good at running away, though. I always end up in a completely different place, and I always forget what I was running from.

Or has anybody woke up as they got hit in the dream and then moved your head as if you actually got hit? I've felt it after I've woken up before.

When I'm falling, I usually land on my bed, as if it broke the fall. It's scary. I t feels VERY real.

That happens to me a lot. In my dreams, I'm always powerless.

I seem to be pretty good at running away, though. I always end up in a completely different place, and I always forget what I was running from.

When I'm falling, I usually land on my bed, as if it broke the fall. It's scary. I t feels VERY real.

Yeah that's what I mean. You try to grab something and just grab the sides of your bed as if to stop yourself from falling.

Yeah that's what I mean. You try to grab something and just grab the sides of your bed as if to stop yourself from falling.

Except I don't grab anything sometimes. I just feel the fall. Full force.