Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rock Band

dan-likes-trees

I haven't done the 100% drum one yet. Need new drum kit.

The 100% vocal one was done on Chrimbo day. Played DLC: Laid To Rest by Lamb of God. Just shouty, that 'un.

Got the bass one with "So What You Want?" put the lefty flip on but played guitar righty.

I couldn't do the guitar one because I was using the GHIII guitar. So dug out my broken RB one and used that one on "Orange Crush" (RB1 import)

That's how I did 'em. I imagine I'll be able to do the drum one rather easily when I get a new drum kit. :smile:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Picked this up last week. I still can't believe how awesome the song list is on this game.

Managed to complete world tour on expert guitar, I didn't think I was gonna do it since Painkiller is very tough, but I managed to fluke my way through the middle solo (would have been easier if it had GH3 style hammer-ons!).

What's annoyed me is this achievement to 100% a guitar solo using only the solo buttons, it's like they're forcing you to buy the RB guitar if you want to go for all the achievements. My GH3 guitar works perfectly fine so I have no intention of paying a lot of money for something I don't need - although I sure those insane solo sections on Painkiller might have been easier.

Not as bad as the Beautiful Katamari achievements that require you to buy the DLC to get them, blah.

If it had achievements for the Ion Drum Kit, that'd be harsh and unnecessary. But since the achievement is to be completed with the official guitar controller for the game, I don't think it's too bad.

Glad you're enjoying the game though - it is absolutely fantastic. Me and Villan were playing last night. We might have to see about getting an N-E band set up :heh:

What I don't understand is why the Rock Band solus editions are so bloody expensive? Whenever I've seen it in shops it's always £50, which is bloody ridiculous! Haven't looked online recently but the last time I did it was basically the same price on most websites as well.

I recently discovered the Game Modifier option known as "Breakneck Speed" where the instrument tracks move at a much quicker speed than before.

Not only does it make you move faster. It fools you, you see a gap between two notes and you instinctively strum slower. This mode makes you listen to the music more in order to work out the way to play it.

I've now begun a whole playthrough of single-player World Tour with Breakneck Speed turned on. With this band:

...only sexier. :grin:

drillfork.jpg

Downloaded it on tuesday when it appeared online. It's epic. I found it a little difficult to get the rhythm for it when playing on expert but I've only played it once so hopefully I'll get better.

I'm shit at it on Expert too. Hard, 5 star no problem, expert boo'd off at around 50%.

Other way around. The Xplorer is great and accurate for alt strumming. The RB guitar is atrocious for it because of the lack of a click.

Must agree, I find myself spaz strumming down all the time with the RB guitar. Instead of alternating up and down.

Haha me too, for bits I'd normally alt strum on my Xplorer like triplets I just use my thumb and whack it down a load with my RB.

Only use the RB guitar when rotating play with other people. It's my "bass" guitar. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!