N-Europe

Rock Band

dan-likes-trees

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, Ramar. :grin:

I got bored last night (PC wasn't available), so I wrote down profiles for each of my bandmates:

rossxm8.jpg

Ross is the founder of Large Family of Dangos. He had always wanted to see the world while giving the people of those lands his gift of music, because he's a bit philosophical like that.

Ross hails from the birthplace of Metal: Birmingham, England (Tenacious D are wrong to say it's from Hell. But they might have only said that for rhyming and religious purposes (and training).). But, unlike the other Brummies in the band, he is proud of his roots and proudly displays his Brummie accent wherever and whenever.

Originally a guitar player, Ross switched to the bass when he was 15, realising he was better at the bass than at the 6-string, as those face-shredding guitar solos were way out of his little league. So that was for the best. If he was the guitarist of the band, the band would be a bit less good. Plus that he was originally singer, means that the band would have totally sucked, despite the other two members.

The other bandmates are in this band all because of Ross and the weird ways he met them. But they all think he's "pretty good" at bass.

rossiua4.jpg

Rossi is an annoying loudmouth. A trait that fits well with the world's best rockstar frontmen.

Rossi comes from East London, So he's a proper cockney. As a matter of fact, he's a cockney but also one without the -ney at the end.

Ross and Rossi met up during a small gig in Huddersfield. The two dudes were up there with their bands when Rossi asked Ross if he could borrow £20 to buy petrol, as his drummer had eaten the remaining money in a lasagne. Ross happily obliged, then some talking ended with Rossi as the band's new vocalist. But it was a pretty cool addition to the band, despite the earlier statement.

To this day, Rossi still hasn't paid back the £20.

rosehw7.jpg

Rose was the first member to join Ross' fledgling band. She had known him since their many lunchtime rehearsals practising for their Music GCSE practical exams. This was something they did every lunchtime, as neither could resist the sounds of clicking, the bubbling of chemistry, and the badass music they made while they gigged together.

Another Brummie in the band, Rose's accent is actually rather thick and very noticeable, but she prefers to let her drums do the talking.

When she was younger, Rose practised on the drums by having pictures of people she hated stuck on the drumskins: People like Cliff Richard and Brian from Westlife. She doesn't do this anymore, however, as what drives her to bang the drums is that she knows that Rossi secretly fancies her. She finds this fact very repulsive.

rosiebg9.jpg

Unlike all goths, Rosie didn't actually have a happy childhood. This was because, before she was born, her parents composed an extremely cheesy Christmas song entitled "We Love Father Christmas", which became a hit and is played constantly every year. The royalties of which paid for everything in her family's life. And she has had to live with this fact, knowing that her parents made a terrible Christmas song that was complete cack compared to the decent ones by Slade, Greg Lake and Band Aid.

Because of her parents' success, Rosie decided to get into music in order to show her old 'uns how to make proper, decent music. She took up the guitar at a very young age and played it almost non-stop every day, which is why she's so good.

She met Ross and Rose at school. While Rose was absent one day, Ross found her playing guitar alone in a practice room. While she played a slow rendition of "Everlong", Ross accompanied her on bass. Neither could ignore just how badass it sounded. When Rose joined in with drums the next day, it was an amazing sound to behold.

In a rare act of speech (Brummie accent also noticeable), Rosie asked to join Ross' band. He would have been a freaking pillock to have said "No."

Rosie secretly hopes that her ascension to rock goddess has taught her parents what real music is. Perhaps they'll realise this while they swan around in a £500k mansion that was bought with Rosie's royalties.

I do really love my band. All four of them are awesome. :smile:

So i've been researching the various drums on both games (RB and GHWT) and the consensus being that GHWT's are much better. Although you can buy symbal attachments for RB, they only replicate the effect of the tom's, except when in freestyle where they work like they should. Although most people agree that RB is the better software.

So i've been researching the various drums on both games (RB and GHWT) and the consensus being that GHWT's are much better. Although you can buy symbal attachments for RB, they only replicate the effect of the tom's, except when in freestyle where they work like they should. Although most people agree that RB is the better software.

Actually I heard that the GHWT set feels cheap in comparison to the sturdier RB set, and the Pedal slides about and is really lightweight, I'm gonna go for the RB2 instruments when they come out as they improve upon what is allready the superior setup.

Also I'm not bothered that the optional extra plug in pads only mimic exisiting colours as the only thing you're 'missing' is an extra pad thats in GHWT, 5 is enough anyway, why the hell would you want six? :heh:

Actually I heard that the GHWT set feels cheap in comparison to the sturdier RB set, and the Pedal slides about and is really lightweight, I'm gonna go for the RB2 instruments when they come out as they improve upon what is allready the superior setup.

Also I'm not bothered that the optional extra plug in pads only mimic exisiting colours as the only thing you're 'missing' is an extra pad thats in GHWT, 5 is enough anyway, why the hell would you want six? :heh:

Because 3 toms and a snare doesn't feel right to me i've always played (on real drums) a snare and 2 toms (like GHWT). That's why I prefer GHWT drums.

Chop Suey is fantastic on drums. It's definitely one of the best songs to play on the ol' kit. :grin:

Everlong is not for you lot. It is way too solid. If you haven't got the skill or the stamina, do not attempt this song on Expert! (I managed it, though.) :hmm:

if you think that's hard on drums look at the Let There Be Rock from the AC/DC live track pack, it's not the hardest chart but it goes on for 8 minutes of pretty much non stop drumming :)

anybody know the cheapest place to get rock band (game only) on 360?

bump, im after that aswell, got guitar hero world tour, simply because it came with a guitar and i didnt want the full set, was £60 in HMV, enjoyin it loads, but i need more songs, and i like the rock band set list.

The new guitar hero guitar does work with Rock Band 1 + 2 right?

Yes, on the 360 and PS3 anyway. Not overly sure about the Wii as nothing has really been said.

As far as the Rock Band 2 instruments, we're supposed to be getting them at the end of January/start of February but they haven't specified exactly if this is true or not.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!