Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The P-p-p-punofficial N-E Quiz

jayseven

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) Mother-fuxxing Black-currant! (or just Black-currant, if you're not into random swears)

Yarp.

Still a few to go, peeps!

8) I was going to say The Netherlands, but it is in fact Denmark.

I missed this one, sorry. You're right!

Ok, kiddies, here's my questions:

9. Find a post by Supergrunch, and look at his signature. What has the speaker missed?

Has the speaker failed to take into account the sun, a huge source of energy outside Earth?

Ok, kiddies, here's my questions:

9. Find a post by Supergrunch, and look at his signature. What has the speaker missed?

The first sentence to the quote.

"One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently...etc"

1) -1/2x+2x^-1/2+x+c

That's probably wrong

Yup, it's wrong.

Has the speaker failed to take into account the sun, a huge source of energy outside Earth?

Correct! I always thought it would a tough one to miss...

For the co ordinates one...

All i found was that it was just outside new zealand...but there wasn't anything special about it...

There is something very special about it, damn it!

I don't see anything special about the coordinates, either. It's around the north-eastern shore of New Zealand, right?

Oh, and Mozambique hasn't got ALL the vowels - there's no Y!

Y isn't a vowel.

I don't know anything about partial fractions but I got this:

4x^3/2+8/3x²+c

When the answer is posted can you explain it to me please?

AEIOUY?

Are you serious?

It's a consonant.

Consonants: BCDFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXYZ.

Vowels: AEIOU

Did a little reading on Wikipedia. It seems the definiton of vowels and consonants are not as simple as I've always been taught.

Well, here in Denmark, there is a very sharp and clear definiton of vowels and consonants: Vowels are sounds that can only be spelled by themselves, like A or O. Consonants, if spelled like they sound, need a vowel and one or more consonants: B = be; L = el.

In Danish, AEIOUY(ÆØÅ) are vowels and abide the rule that they can only be spelled by themselves. BCDFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXZ are consonants and abide the rule that they need both consonants and vowels to be spelled like they sound.

it's a half-vowel thing innit? Supergrunch'll fly in in a bit and be way more precise, I'm sure.

Yeah, that guy knows a lot about languages.

Did a little reading on Wikipedia. It seems the definiton of vowels and consonants are not as simple as I've always been taught.

Well, here in Denmark, there is a very sharp and clear definiton of vowels and consonants: Vowels are sounds that can only be spelled by themselves, like A or O. Consonants, if spelled like they sound, need a vowel and one or more consonants: B = be; L = el.

In Danish, AEIOUY(ÆØÅ) are vowels and abide the rule that they can only be spelled by themselves. BCDFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXZ are consonants and abide the rule that they need both consonants and vowels to be spelled like they sound.

Yeah, that guy knows a lot about languages.

Well I'm again no expert on danish, but english pronounciation certainly doesn't allways treat the vowels the same way - think of how "a" sounds in saw, awe, jaw compared to grass, pass, bath. Phonetics-boy will save us.

Y isn't a vowel.

I don't know anything about partial fractions but I got this:

4x^3/2+8/3x²+c

When the answer is posted can you explain it to me please?

Y is a vowel some of the time - such as when it's in "sky".

However, it's not a proper vowel. As Jayseven said, it's only a half-vowel.

Oh, and that's still wrong. Hint: it involves natural logs.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!