NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

I only found Crying Wolf difficult tbh. Raging Raven was pretty daunting and I remember a couple minutes into it I thought she was rock hard. Laughing Octopus was pretty easy, I just used the night vision. She was the most fun to fight though and with my headphones on really loud she scared the crap out of me every time she jumped out.

I thought Crying Wolf was the easiest of the lot. I'll admit it took me a while to kill her though. I hid under the truck and shot her when she walked into my area. Raging Raven was the worst, i stayed on the lower floor and hid under the stairs untill she came inside, then she got a face full of grenades.

Anyone got the Corpse Camo? Apparently you have to die 41 times or more. I'm going to give it a go this time and try and get the Solar Gun...maybe even the bandana....but I can't face not killing people...

Meh, it's not that bad. I'm going for no kills in Extreme mode, more unlocks ftw! ^^

If you wear suit and a beauty face camo all the soldiers in in act 3 will ignore you. You can use this tactic in extreme and get big boss rank.

Awesome tactic, cheers for that! I just wish there was a way to make following the resistance members quicker...

I thought Crying Wolf was the easiest of the lot. I'll admit it took me a while to kill her though. I hid under the truck and shot her when she walked into my area..

QFT! I did that too lol I thought it was like the best stealth killing tactic ever :heh: and was sure others must have tried it too, it's just not worth trying to do that boss battle any other way lol :smile:

Got the Solar gun and the bandana yesterday. Finished the game in one sessions. Got to bed at 4 am.

I don't think I got the corpse camo though..dpes anyone know when it says you get it because I almost definitely died more than 41 times?

...Uuuuuuuuurgh.

Got the Solar gun and the bandana yesterday. Finished the game in one sessions. Got to bed at 4 am.

I don't think I got the corpse camo though..dpes anyone know when it says you get it because I almost definitely died more than 41 times?

...Uuuuuuuuurgh.

You need over 41 continues in the game.

Can't I just kill myself 41 times?

I think so but you have to finished the game to unlock it. i think that how you can get it. :hmm:

Just checked, I finished the game with 48 continues...

This is weird...

Corpse and Big Boss camo the same by any chance?

By the way, how do you get the Militia camo in Act 2? I've read two different things and I'm almost at Act 2, help me please!! :)

I thought Crying Wolf was the easiest of the lot. I'll admit it took me a while to kill her though. I hid under the truck and shot her when she walked into my area. Raging Raven was the worst, i stayed on the lower floor and hid under the stairs untill she came inside, then she got a face full of grenades.

Crying wolf was taking me a while to kill. I'd hit her a few times with a machine gun then chase after her.

Then Otakon's voice sounds saying use the sniper snake....0_0

So I get up one of those building type things that was in that arena, and shoot her in the face with the sniper. Dead.

Corpse and Big Boss camo the same by any chance?

By the way, how do you get the Militia camo in Act 2? I've read two different things and I'm almost at Act 2, help me please!! :)

Nope. One you get for being incredibly bad and continuing over 41 times, the other you have to be really anal and I can't be arsed.

The Militia camo is in the hut to the right as you start, after dropping down. Its real dark in there.

did it first try this morning...so easy....end of act 3 is awesome...liquid has the power.

With Metal Gear Solid 4 confirmed at half a million sales in Japan and one million in Europe, the big question is, just how many copies has the game sold overall. While we don't have sales figures just yet, we do know the game's shipped number: three million.

Famitsu.com, in its coverage from a Sony investor meeting in Tokyo today, reported that the game has topped this milestone in worldwide shipped units. Speaking at the meeting, Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai also noted that the game helped shift hardware.

ps3.ign.com/

I just beat this game. I couldn't have thought of a better ending. Wow.

This is how I did on my first play:

dsc00028zg4.jpg

I guess that's good enough for a first play, right?

CliffyB Calls Metal Gear "Passive Entertainment"

In a recent interview with IGN, CliffyB was quoted in saying the following:

“Metal Gear Solid is our example of the game we’re not doing. Passive entertainment is on its way out.”

“Metal Gear Solid is our example of the game we’re not doing. Passive entertainment is on its way out.

Haha!! Holy crap, is he serious?! That has to be a joke.

Well I better stop watching TV and going to the cinema if Cliffy B says that! :laughing:

Wait, more of the quote:

"We wanted a blockbuster pace [in Gears of War 1], and in doing so, we lost the story a bit. So that's one of the lessons we learned. This time round there's more repetition. Games aren't movies and aren't consumed in a single sitting. So secondary characters will remind you about stuff, which is re-established in plot cues. Metal Gear Solid is our example of the game we're not doing. Passive entertainment is on its way out — you need to hook up with this web 2.0 stuff."

Did he just contradict himself?

Thats a rhetorical question, he did.

And last time I checked, GoW2 wasn't trying to be a stealth action game so why is he even bringing MGS4 up.

“Metal Gear Solid is our example of the game we’re not doing. Passive entertainment is on its way out.”

What a noob >> I don't see whats wrong with MGS4? it's awesome, it has a great plot (yes some of it's far-fetched but it's original and entertaining) and a decent amount of solid (pun intended) gameplay.

Gears had... that cover system thing that was cool I guess... decent online multiplayer (but MGS4 has this too) but the plot in Gears was pretty generic and dull IMO with a rubbish ending. :/

Meh... each to their own, I'll still get GoW 2 but I just lost some of the respect I might have had for it's developers thats all.

What's everyone's favorite bit in MGS4?

My favorite bits in order:

1) When armless Raiden backflips in to save Snake right at the end and says, "I am Lightning, the rain transformed." (I love his voice.)

2) The whole microwace corridor bit with the split screen.

3) When the Snake Eater theme plays during the final fight and it goes all MGS3.

4) Finally, when Raiden windmills in front of Vamp and swings those two Gekkos round by his legs.

And:

Rose.

Min3.

Easily seeing Shadow Moses again for the first time. That moment alone will probably be in my top 5 gaming moments ever to be honest.

What's everyone's favorite bit in MGS4?

My favorite bits in order:

1) When armless Raiden backflips in to save Snake right at the end and says, "I am Lightning, the rain transformed." (I love his voice.)

2) The whole microwace corridor bit with the split screen.

3) When the Snake Eater theme plays during the final fight and it goes all MGS3.

4) Finally, when Raiden windmills in front of Vamp and swings those two Gekkos round by his legs.

Same here. Also:

-The motorbike chase part with Eva. Especially the bit where that truck flies over your head in slo-mo. That shit was epic. Pretty much the entire game is epic.

-Johny (Akiba), who usually just plays the minor role of diarrhea guard in the game, getting a more significant role. He was one of my favourite characters actually

-Liquid being surrounded at the end of Act 3, but the using the power of the Guns of the Patriots.

-Mei Ling being back in this game again. I steered clear from any information on this game before it came out, so it was a nice surprise.

-Otacon getting it on with Naomi. Nice.

-Big Boss showing up at the end of the game. I did not see that one coming.

fav bit so far has got to be;

Arriving at Shadow Moses it seems the natural place for everything to go back to, as its where the light vs the shadow started. Loved the dream snake had where it was MGS 1 and loved getting the MGS1 octo camo, I can feel a blog about this game coming on such is greatness of its plot, I absolutely loved the end of Act 3 as well with Liquid just having the power and their seemingly no way back for the good guys, I'd compare it to Skeletor when he used He Man's sword in Masters of the Universe to turn gold and have all the power in the universe, as a kid you are just like holy shit how will they get back from this, I was like that with Liquid.

Not far into Act 4 at the moment, but loving the game still and the plot is keeping me gripped. I just cannot wait to finish it and start on harder setting!

Passwords:

mekakorkkk unlocks the .45 caliber pistol.

mnsoymsyhn unlocks the Mosin-Nagant rifle.

Good to see Mei Ling

getting a crucial role in the series finale. I consider her the 'Brucie' of the game due to her unflinching personality.

My only minor gripe with this game is that the Codec is barely used by anyone other than Otacon

My only minor gripe with this game is that the Codec is barely used by anyone other than Otacon

Speaking of which...

Metal Gear Awesome 2.5 now on Newgrounds lawl

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/430020

It's actually pretty lame but still lolworthy :smile:I loled anyway >> also note that it's not part of the awesome series just a spoof

I finished it last wednesday , Story near the end was amazing but long, with various people trying to ruin the ending for me but

When snake props the gun in to his mouth and it zooms out and you hear the gun shot , i was like Omfg No way but then with the return of big boss just shocked me alot but the whole thing with him explaining the A.I of patriots threw me off watching him die was fun