NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Please tell me how you get past the first area in Act 5 without getting spotted. I really want to know.

Please tell me how you get past the first area in Act 5 without getting spotted. I really want to know.

You don't, you need to get to the door but just take out the soldiers with a machine gun, take out the Gekkos in the same way as you have before (as your that far in the game you'll know what I mean :wink: ) and when you get the chance just get by the door and tap the button as much as you can to get through, then don't forget to save after the checkpoint lol.

I've completed the game 3 times. I'm just wondering how to do it without being spotted. :heh:

Thank god for the Metal Gear database because MG is a confusing 'mer de noms'. Too bad it cant be accessed in game but still a nice touch.

Thank god for the Metal Gear database because MG is a confusing 'mer de noms'. Too bad it cant be accessed in game but still a nice touch.

It's not out here yet though is it...

im not sure, when does PSN store update in Europe? It was in the last US update

From Eurogamer

Konami has confirmed European gamers will get access to the Metal Gear Solid 4 database after all - and there's not long to wait.

As previously reported, the database is packed with info about the game and its predecessors.

Until now only those with US PSN accounts have been given access, but it'll be available on the European PSN Store from June 26th - that's Thursday in the old money. And it's all free and everything.

and

Ryan Payton, assistant producer on Metal Gear Solid 4, has confirmed there will be further instalments in the series - though they won't star Solid Snake.

"There are some misunderstandings that this is the final Metal Gear game," he told 1UP. "But it's really the final chapter of the Solid Snake story. That's all."

Payton continued, "I'm happy we could wrap up Snake's story in MGS4." So what might future MGS games be about? Well, there's "still a lot of room for filling in the gaps as far as Big Boss is concerned", according to him.

There are also plans afoot for the future of Metal Gear Online. "We're working on a handful of new maps, skills and rules that we're bug checking at the moment," Payton said. "A lot of the stuff is pretty far along. It's not going to be too long before people are going to start seeing screenshots of the new stages... By the time you're tired of the maps that come in the game, it'll probably be around the time we'll be bringing out the new ones."

Awesome, my copy of MGS3 : Subsistence came today (bought it for Metal Gear / Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake) still playing portable ops at the moment though, I was starting to get annyoed with it but I just got past another mission so I think I'll see it through; other then a few annoying objectives it's a pretty decent game. :smile:

Oh and the "you can only carry 4 items at a time" think that really pisses me off. >>

I want a game about Raiden after MGS2.

Or about Snake in Zanzibar Land when he fights Frank Jaeger.

Or about Big Boss when he is actually Big Boss, not just Naked Snake.

Or all three of the above.

Thats basically Portable Ops...

I couldn't stand that game though, it was so damn repetitive... :(

Thats basically Portable Ops...

I couldn't stand that game though, it was so damn repetitive... :(

Yeah I'm playing it atm and thats my main gripe with it, that and the limited number of items thing, did you finish it? is it worth playing to the end? I want to persist with it despite those two niggles but I really want to play Metal Gear 1&2 so was just wondering if it's worth persisting with Portable Ops. :heh:

They'd be crazy not to remake the original games (Metal Gear & MG2, not MG Solid) and add parts to fill in the gaps.

Another Big Boss game about the -

struggle between Zero and Big Boss whilst playing as Big Boss.

would be awesome. :D

Or about Snake in Zanzibar Land when he fights Frank Jaeger.

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Yeah I was just thinking that. :heh:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Except not turd, would be nice.

EDIT: Actually sod all those ideas. I want to be The Boss leading the Cobra Unit at Normandy. THIS GAME MUST BE MADE.

I've just completed the game agaim with 0 Alerts and 0 Continues! In 6hrs 50mins! :D

And at the start of Act 5 it's best to use tranq darts on the FROGS, then Rail Gun the Gekkos whilst in cover. The one that appears by the door gets blown up by your allies.

It's also awesome that there's going to be another Metal Gear game, although I thought it had already been confirmed. :heh: Another game with Big Boss would be awesome!

I've just completed the game agaim with 0 Alerts and 0 Continues! In 6hrs 50mins! :D!

That's too hardcore for me.

It should start with a fresh character, or an alternate universe, with some weird trippy shit going on, imagine Solid Snake gone power tripping crazy and you have to play big boss to take him down :P haha.

Well still miles behind everyone else....only up to act 2 and I have played for going on 7 hours. But I am taking my time and exploring and such like. Still loving this game, think this is truly next gen, in terms of graphics, cinematics, sound, story telling (important for me who has read up on the plots of previous games I havn't played, only played MGS and MG).

There are so many theories and ideas I have about the game and Kojima's prowess at what he does, but I will keep them all for once I have finished the end and know what is going on.

The game truly is a modern day masterpiece really, and the series in general is a huge accomplishment, I'm really enjoying playing through the entire saga properly after finishing MGS4, it's somehow more enjoyable and I think it will make my second playthrough on it even more epic than the first in some ways. ^^

I'm also glad that there will be more Metal Gear games, not too sure on any remakes, apart from maybe bringing certain installments to certain platforms (not too fussed about playing MGS4 on another format though, it should stay exclusive and will as Konami have said) but I'm all for more original installments that fill in some more of the blanks in the illustrious history of the series. :smile:

For now though I'm more than content playing whats allready been released. :heh:

The game truly is a modern day masterpiece really, and the series in general is a huge accomplishment, I'm really enjoying playing through the entire saga properly after finishing MGS4, it's somehow more enjoyable and I think it will make my second playthrough on it even more epic than the first in some ways. ^^

I'm also glad that there will be more Metal Gear games, not too sure on any remakes, apart from maybe bringing certain installments to certain platforms (not too fussed about playing MGS4 on another format though, it should stay exclusive and will as Konami have said) but I'm all for more original installments that fill in some more of the blanks in the illustrious history of the series. :smile:

For now though I'm more than content playing whats allready been released. :heh:

Yeah I can't wait to play them all as well....although at the moment means buying both a PSP and PS2 (although will wait for them to re add backwards comp for 49gb models.)

Yeah I can't wait to play them all as well....although at the moment means buying both a PSP and PS2 (although will wait for them to re add backwards comp for 49gb models.)

Dont forget MGS : Twin Snakes.

Konami confirms storming Euro retail sales for Kojima-developed PS3 exclusive

The publisher says that the title has sold a million copies in Europe since its release on June 12th, and has shipped many more SKUs to its retail partners.

Konami also confirmed that 25,000 copies of the the Limited Edition were made available across Europe, but “were snapped up almost immediately.”

“The Metal Gear Solid series has again proved its huge potential, and we are delighted with the fantastic response the game has enjoyed at retail,” said sales and marketing director Germany Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH Martin Schneider.

“MGS4 is nothing short of a masterpiece – an epic conclusion to the Solid Snake story. We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback we have received from retail and consumers alike, and will keep satisfying their needs with updates to the game’s ‘Extra’ option, and via new content to Metal Gear Online.”

Dont forget MGS : Twin Snakes.

Konami confirms storming Euro retail sales for Kojima-developed PS3 exclusive

The publisher says that the title has sold a million copies in Europe since its release on June 12th, and has shipped many more SKUs to its retail partners.

Konami also confirmed that 25,000 copies of the the Limited Edition were made available across Europe, but “were snapped up almost immediately.â€

“The Metal Gear Solid series has again proved its huge potential, and we are delighted with the fantastic response the game has enjoyed at retail,†said sales and marketing director Germany Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH Martin Schneider.

“MGS4 is nothing short of a masterpiece – an epic conclusion to the Solid Snake story. We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback we have received from retail and consumers alike, and will keep satisfying their needs with updates to the game’s ‘Extra’ option, and via new content to Metal Gear Online.â€

Well I've already played MGS, not sure I wanna play that again as a remake..

I'm going to do a MGS orgy as well. Plan on doing the origina, then twin snakes (good to see the differences again) and then MGS 2, 3 and finally 4 again, might feel adventurous and do the MG games in 3.