NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Glad you mentioned that, is the sequel being released here?

Play have it down for the end of September, although I don't know how accurate that is.

I have the first and it's a nice curio for fans, although whilst 'playing' it I can't help but feel how much better something like it would work on the DS; to unlock database entries you have to stop playback and scour the scenes for hidden emblems and such, all of which would be much smoother using a stylus.

is it worth it then? have ordered it from the konami store. Also got Portable Ops now ready for when I get my PSP in a few weeks.

is it worth it then? have ordered it from the konami store. Also got Portable Ops now ready for when I get my PSP in a few weeks.

If it peaked your interest in the first place then I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. As I said, it's a curio; I wasn't being disparaging, that's just what it is.

If it peaked your interest in the first place then I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. As I said, it's a curio; I wasn't being disparaging, that's just what it is.

fair enough cheers. I can get what you mean about it from what I understand, you mean it would be better Phonex Wright style perhaps?

btw;

Do I have you on PSN? If not add me! Don't recognise the tag Ferine.

fair enough cheers. I can get what you mean about it from what I understand, you mean it would be better Phonex Wright style perhaps?

btw;

Do I have you on PSN? If not add me! Don't recognise the tag Ferine.

I was just musing, really. The interaction required could have been much more smoothly integrated via a touchscreen, but it isn't 'broken' or anything.

Sure thing, although I'm afraid I don't have a headset at present; I'm waiting on the official one. Incidentally I'm Ferine on MGO, too.

I was just musing, really. The interaction required could have been much more smoothly integrated via a touchscreen, but it isn't 'broken' or anything.

Sure thing, although I'm afraid I don't have a headset at present; I'm waiting on the official one. Incidentally I'm Ferine on MGO, too.

Don't worry I don't have a headset either for the same reason.

Going to plan for bigg boss extreme.

I've unlocked most the stuff now. Going to do a run through of the game soon. so i can test my fast time.

What the fuck are Konami doing charging £21 for a t shirt on their store?

Ripping people off... because they can... the shaaaaaame of it all. :(

I think the bigger question is why would anyone want a game based clothing.

Digital Graphic Novel isn't great at all. It's a bit dull really.

Well I've got it now, cost £10.49. Not getting my PSP till next week tho.

I think the bigger question is why would anyone want a game based clothing.

Because some of them are damn good, well the ones I have :D

*Strokes Killer 7 shirt*

Because some of them are damn good, well the ones I have :D

*Strokes Killer 7 shirt*

yeah I have some pretty cool ones as well...

I quite like the one with just naked snakes face on it but I'm not paying £21 for it.

Uniqlo are selling cheap MGS t-shirts in the London store. I think £6.49. Its in the anime section.

Choze what is your fastest time so far?

Not very goood. Been playing slowly fo Drebin and hidden items.

is there any way of telling mid-act whether you've killed someone? i just did a long section and just after i manned a turret on drebins truck and im not sure if i killed someone or not.

pisses me off my forgetful mind...

also, in this section gekkos and mini tanks don't count as kills right

Yeah mini gekkos and tanks are not kills. Anything unmanned isnt. Also the raging raven boss can be taken down any means.

Liked they added new extras again.

Love the new MGO aaddon pack. Personally i think they should have had these in the first place.

What about when you are on top of drebins tank and when you are on the bike? Must be really hard not to kill anyone then?

Yeah I just did the Drebin section and I just didn't shoot anything just incase, apart from the gekkos. I could get away with this on Liquid Easy mode. I got caught out once where I was shooting a Gekko and almost without realising I killed a soldier who was trying to climb up the front of Dreb's truck. I don't think I even hit him, but i know it was me.

Anyway, finished Act 2 now with no alerts no kills. All is good!

And Flameboy, I think there is a shotgun that you can change shells to V-Ring ammo, which is non lethal - can't remember if you can use it on bike section though. ( might be too heavy )

What about when you are on top of drebins tank and when you are on the bike? Must be really hard not to kill anyone then?

Yeah use air rounds on the shotgun. You dont have to kill anyone apart from Gekkos.

Yeah, I completed the game with no kills, no alerts and no recovery items. Will test the bandana and Stealth Camo out another time.

Yeah, I completed the game with no kills, no alerts and no recovery items. Will test the bandana and Stealth Camo out another time.

Well done!

Big Boss mode is a pain....

Bu ti will do it! :smile:

Cheers. I'm not gonna even attempt Big Boss, the main thing putting me off being time limit and no recovery items. That is insane.

May be a stupid question but you can't use Stealth Camo or Bandana for that emblem can you? Are there some emblems that you can use these with?

Anyway, the stealth camo is really cool, just fun to be able to piss around and search everywhere with little worry. The no kill/no alert run begins to grate if you forget to save. Choze, do you have any ideas of cool things to do when you have s.camo, e.g funny claymore deaths etc?