NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Tried to resist watching it but caved in 30 seconds later.

Come 12th of June I'm going to lock myself in a dark room with a massive TV and this game and not come out.

I really need to play MGS3...haven't had much time recently but I might just do it the week before this beauty is out.

Just watched that, 20 minutes... and its all really interesting actually. I've never played any of the original Metal Gear games, so it was nice to catch the story.

Big Boss returning three times.. haha, jeeze.

Looks like we are getting a limited edition over here, its a Play.com exclusive and will set you back £80.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/5500791/Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Guns-Of-The-Patriots-Limited-Edition/Product.html

What the fuck!? £80!? That's disgusting but I'm going to have to pre-order it right this second.

Edit: Mind you you get some pretty sweet stuff-

6" Old Snake 'Olive Drab' action figure

"The Making Of Metal Gear Solid 4" documentary on Blu-ray Disc

Official Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack

Soundtrack and BD Documentary will be nice. Especially if the soundtrack to this game is anything like the previous games'. Does anyone know if they got the Metal Gear 2 soundtrack guy back for this game?

Not worth an extra £40, not by a long shot, but how could I not get this version?

HOLY CRAP!! Who would waste £80 on a limited edition copy!!?

....ok, guilty, just pre-ordered.

How good are Play at getting stuff to you on day of launch?

In my experience not very good at all. They are fine with DVDs but with games they tend to come the day after, I hardly ever use them for my gaming goods when it comes to preorders. Mind you I think its Cube who uses them alot and he gets his games early off them.

Haha I know! I feel so dirty.

Well, I just had a little technical error while pre-ordering so I called to check if my order had gone through okay. It had. Anyway, while on the phone I asked if I'd get it on launch day, the guy told me it was 99% certain that I would, saying there may be a problem with the royal mail etc.

Launch day special edition :D Can't wait!

Edit:

In my experience not very good at all. They are fine with DVDs but with games they tend to come the day after, I hardly ever use them for my gaming goods when it comes to preorders. Mind you I think its Cube who uses them alot and he gets his games early off them.

Shit if it comes the day after launch then June the 12th will be the longest day of my life.

80 POUNDS?!! Is the packaging made of pure owl? Why does that bit of extra stuff cost the price of the game and then some?!

Imagine if you told Americans the special edition is costing us $160. They would probably urinate themselves with laughter.

Edit: Just googled, in America it's $85. Nice 1:1 conversion ratio they're doing there. I urge everyone not to buy this, don't play into the hands of swindlers.

Oh well, they are the only place doing the special editions.

Haha I know! I feel so dirty.

Well, I just had a little technical error while pre-ordering so I called to check if my order had gone through okay. It had. Anyway, while on the phone I asked if I'd get it on launch day, the guy told me it was 99% certain that I would, saying there may be a problem with the royal mail etc.

Launch day special edition :D Can't wait!

Edit:

Shit if it comes the day after launch then June the 12th will be the longest day of my life.

Fingers crossed! I'm going to take the Thursday and Friday off work.

80 POUNDS?!! Is the packaging made of pure owl? Why does that bit of extra stuff cost the price of the game and then some?!

Imagine if you told Americans the special edition is costing us $160. They would probably urinate themselves with laughter.

Edit: Just googled, in America it's $85. Nice 1:1 conversion ratio they're doing there. I urge everyone not to buy this, don't play into the hands of swindlers.

It lame but I bought the other three in the series for £20 in total so it kind of evens out in the end. :p

I've bought Metal Gear 2+3 and the Substance+Subsistence versions of each. I've given Konami way more money than I should have, but they've given me Metal Gear...

To an extent, you could justify spending this much more on MGS4 because of the sheer amount of effort Kojima and his team have put into the game. They could've spent 1/8th of the amount of time they have on the game and made the same amount of money, but Kojima's a true artist, seemingly not in it for the money (let's pretend MGS PO+ and Ac!d don't exist...).

It's still a disgusting rip off mind.

£80? Id rather Kojima just bent me over and fucked me in the arse. Then again, who wouldn't? He's so dreamy in all his nerdiness :love: :love: :love:

This game is the only thing that makes me want to get a PS3. I think I'm going to avoid everything to do with the game till I get that Ps3 in December. Or I'll lose interest and start a badger farm in Essex or some shit.

Ive just preordered the limited edition, couldnt resist.

Daft, did you ever start MGS3?

Ive just preordered the limited edition, couldnt resist.

Daft, did you ever start MGS3?

I know. It's £80 but I just couldn't not.

I decided to hold off MGS3 until the week before MGS4 comes out. Kind of a hype build up which also takes my mind off having to wait for the final unbearable week to pass. June is my Metal Gear Solid month. :p

Having only played MGS2 before, a couple of weeks ago I started to play the series from scratch and completed the series in 8 days! w00t!

imo: MGS2 > MGS1 > MGS3

Yes, I know MGS2 is more watching than gaming, and it's a bit up it's own arse and stuff, but I liked that philosophical stuff, at least it makes you think about the world, unlike most games out these days. I didn't even mind playing as Raiden one bit! MGS1 deserves extra credit due to making me see through those shockingly bad graphics and enjoy some superb gameplay and story telling. MGS3, though still really good, didn't grab me in the same way as the first 2. Still hella fun, like.

I'm currently playing MGS Portable Ops on my PSP, to feed my MGS hunger before MGS4.

Preordered ltd edition, cancelled regular edition pre-order...

and I got it for £75.99 :heh:

Neo8.jpg

Is it just me or does that say 4.6GB memory minimum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats an awful lot. Will be downloading the game data for it till xmas...

Is it just me or does that say 4.6GB memory minimum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats an awful lot. Will be downloading the game data for it till xmas...

jeez these installs are pissing me off only got a 40 gig hard drive...will have to upgrade I think...

As for MGS4 limited edition was tempted but its way too expensive no way can afford that with smash bros to get later in the month as well...

I got a 160GB HDD off eBay for just 40 quid. It's definitely worth it, what with these massive mandatory installs!