NEurope
Caris

The Official MGS4 Thread.

My last uni exam is on June 6th, Metal Gear comes out on June 12th. There is a god.

Really? I personally don't like it ._.

How about the old version?

mgs4_box_up.jpg

Metal_Gear_Solid_Pal.jpgMETAL%20GEAR%20SOLID%20SONS%20OF%20LIBERTY%20EUROPE%20COVER.jpgps2_metal_gear_solid_3_snake_eater.jpgmini-mgs4_eur_packshot_no_rating.jpg

The MGS4 box art looks like it should be from an anime. It just doesn't appeal - not that box art is the important part of a game by any means :P

And although MGS3 was my least favourite game of the series (I got way too bored of it and never finished the game), I love its' box art.

I'm not a big fan of the 2 or 3 box arts. I think this is the best so far, although i did like 3:Substance's a lot.

box art aint bad...could be better. But I think MGS3 box art was slick: pal.jpg

And although MGS3 was my least favourite game of the series (I got way too bored of it and never finished the game), I love its' box art.

MGS3 was the best one IMO!!! Story was bloody amazing, cut scenes amazing, gameplay amazing!! Definitely one of my favourite games from the last gen. :smile:

MGS3 was the best one IMO!!! Story was bloody amazing, cut scenes amazing, gameplay amazing!! Definitely one of my favourite games from the last gen. :smile:

Same here Baboo. :)

What he said! Its in my top 10 games of all time.

I'm playing through it atm for the first time and so far I'm really enjoying it ^^ in fact I'm about to play it for a little bit right now. :heh:

*edit*

Also, Caris... I tried hooking the PS3 without the box today, still borders :/ so it's the TV but anyways it's a minor issue really and there may yet still be a way to get it to work :) anyways... *goes back to playing MGS3* ^^

Although Hideo said this was the last MGS in the series, I reckon there'll be another. He'll probably have a new idea and want to carry it on... I hope.

I hope they never stop making metal gear games :(

I can't wait! I just bought MGS2 off eBay for £2.63!!

Almost finished MGS1. I love the story. Its the one of the only games where my mum has got distracted and watched it...which is an pic surprise seeing as the graphics looks so old! :p

I can't wait! I just bought MGS2 off eBay for £2.63!!

Almost finished MGS1. I love the story. Its the one of the only games where my mum has got distracted and watched it...which is an pic surprise seeing as the graphics looks so old! :p

Disgusting! The best video game in history sold for the price of a coffee. You however, are very lucky! Enjoy it!

I thought you didn't have a PS2?

I don't. I'm going to have to borrow one from my brother in law. A bit annoying but I wanna to enjoy the series to the max.

Disgusting! The best video game in history sold for the price of a coffee. You however, are very lucky! Enjoy it!

I know!! I'm so chuffed! I wonder how cheap I can get MGS3 for.

Sony REALLY need to start putting all these games on the PSN Store. Any news on something like that?

Why would they put PS2 games on the store if half the consoles can't play them? ;)

Why would they put PS2 games on the store if half the consoles can't play them? ;)

I mean like a modified version like the Xbox Originals. If the hardware can cope and Microsoft can do it, I don't see why Sony can't.

So Daft, where abouts are you in MGS? Wish I could experience the game again for the first time.

After GTAIV Im planning on going through the series in order with...

MGS3

MGS:PO

MGS

MGS2

Hopefully I will have enough time to do it.

So Daft, where abouts are you in MGS? Wish I could experience the game again for the first time.

I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I've just killed Psycho Mantis and I'm in that area with the wolves. I can't seem to find a way through to Maryl.

I love the story, the cut-scenes, the script and everything about it really. I only wished that the overhead view was zoomed out a bit more. I definitely think this is going to be worth a couple more play through. Might even pick up Twin Snakes if I have time before MGS4

I should be able to pick up my bro's PS2 this week hopefully. *fingers crossed*

I don't. I'm going to have to borrow one from my brother in law. A bit annoying but I wanna to enjoy the series to the max.

I know!! I'm so chuffed! I wonder how cheap I can get MGS3 for.

Sony REALLY need to start putting all these games on the PSN Store. Any news on something like that?

Yes agreed...I want to play all these MGS games but can't!

They could bring software emulation back...still dont get why it was dropped...surely each game could be emulated any how...my 40gb PS3 still plays PS1 games downloaded off PSN.

I mean like a modified version like the Xbox Originals. If the hardware can cope and Microsoft can do it, I don't see why Sony can't.

Theres one reason why Microsoft can do and Sony can't and its not to do with the technical side...The PS2 is still a viable platform whereas Xbox is a dead console and was pretty much as soon as 360 hit and Microsoft dropped support. If Sony started offering PS2 downloads retail would be mighty annoyed that it was digging into their sales...PS2 has had its day as the most successful home console its about time it died for a number of reasons. (would stop the glut of Wii/PS2 joint developed titles)

I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I've just killed Psycho Mantis and I'm in that area with the wolves. I can't seem to find a way through to Maryl.

I love the story, the cut-scenes, the script and everything about it really. I only wished that the overhead view was zoomed out a bit more. I definitely think this is going to be worth a couple more play through. Might even pick up Twin Snakes if I have time before MGS4

I should be able to pick up my bro's PS2 this week hopefully. *fingers crossed*

I am going to be a boss....

OMG Hotness I want to bang you!