N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

bad news about Metal Gear Online Beta.

The minor annoyance:

1) Some people have beta cards that misprinted the code and only have 9 or 11 characters instead of 12.

2) Konami registration is broken. It won't accept a lot of people's registrations because it says that Konami IDs or email addresses are already registered when they're not.

3) Requires 2 separate IDs on top of a regular PSN name.

bad news about Metal Gear Online Beta.

The minor annoyance:

1) Some people have beta cards that misprinted the code and only have 9 or 11 characters instead of 12.

2) Konami registration is broken. It won't accept a lot of people's registrations because it says that Konami IDs or email addresses are already registered when they're not.

3) Requires 2 separate IDs on top of a regular PSN name.

thought that was just for US. Thought all of EU was getting it.

I'm kinda getting worried about whether I will actually understand the plot, keep hearing tidbits on podcasts etc... and it sounds like I've missed a hell of a lot since I played metal gear solid.

I'm kinda getting worried about whether I will actually understand the plot, keep hearing tidbits on podcasts etc... and it sounds like I've missed a hell of a lot since I played metal gear solid.

There is some kind of flashback button in the cutscenes.

I'm gonna start MGS3 on the weekend and maybe replay 2 the following weekend.

Edit: Glad I don't pre-order:

http://kotaku.com/380510/amazon-delivering-mgs4-one-week-late-in-uk

what in MGS4?

Like Helmsly said. I hope it doesn't disrupt the cutscenes too much because even though I just completed the first two I'll view them anyway.

Also you get Drebin points for viewing them which go toward buying weapons.

Its funny, im pretty excited that Daft will be playing MGS3 soon, man I love that game sooooo much and I cant wait to hear what he thinks about it. If you dont at least like the story I may have to hunt you down! Beware of cardboard boxes in your area, you have been warned.....

EDIT: Just found the E3 trailer for MGS3 when it was first announced. The MGS 2/3 theme music is one of the most, if not the most, epic piece of gaming music ever. I must have watched this trailer like 50 times when it first got shown.

Haha!! I was going to start it tonight but I thought it might be better if I set aside the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it and I will beware of the boxes......*looks around suspiciously*

HOLY SHIT! That trailer is AWESOME!! You're right the music rocks.

I've downloaded the beta, but is anyone else having troubles downloading the update? It's going incredibly slowly for me, then it keeps kicking me off because of a server error.

I'm also getting a Server error.

Btw. If anyone need an American Beta Key PM me.

Its funny, im pretty excited that Daft will be playing MGS3 soon, man I love that game sooooo much and I cant wait to hear what he thinks about it. If you dont at least like the story I may have to hunt you down! Beware of cardboard boxes in your area, you have been warned.....

EDIT: Just found the E3 trailer for MGS3 when it was first announced. The MGS 2/3 theme music is one of the most, if not the most, epic piece of gaming music ever. I must have watched this trailer like 50 times when it first got shown.

Mate the best MGS trailer for me has to be for MGS2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7aBSUAozE

You don't understand how much I loved this trailer nor how many times I watched it.

Well thats annoying, my girlfriend has been on nights so I have been sat waiting for her to get up so I can go in our room and play on it!

Can I just get something right about MGO, it doesn't use your PS3ID in anyway? you have to have a Konami ID and a Game ID for it...seems stupid that one of the biggest releases for the console doesn't use their own online infrastructure.

EDIT;

update from ps3fanboy;

Today was supposed to be the launch of the Metal Gear Online beta. However, overwhelming demand has caused Konami to delay the release. Now, beta participants can join in on the fun this Friday, April 25th -- barring no serious problems.

The European beta test has also been suspended, but Konami plans to "restart it once [they] stabilize the servers." As a result of this delay, the end of the beta program has been pushed to June 11th. While we're confident that everything will be perfect for the now-delayed launch of the beta, Konami does note that "it may change due to unforseen circumstances."

Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots has been passed by the BBFC with a ‘15’ age rating.

The classification was made without any cuts having to be applied to the game.

On its website, the BBFC reveales that the game has a 'total running time' of 545m 47s (9hrs; 5 mins; 47 secs).

Guns Of The Patriots is due for release in the US and Europe on Friday, June 12th.

www.mcvuk.com

Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots has been passed by the BBFC with a ‘15’ age rating.

The classification was made without any cuts having to be applied to the game.

On its website, the BBFC reveales that the game has a 'total running time' of 545m 47s (9hrs; 5 mins; 47 secs).

Guns Of The Patriots is due for release in the US and Europe on Friday, June 12th.

www.mcvuk.com

is the total running time minimum playthrough....or could that just be the cut scenes?!!

is the total running time minimum playthrough....or could that just be the cut scenes?!!

That's just the motherfucking intro.

On a serious note though I think that time is just the length of all the cutscenes. Still I wonder if that time includes codec conversations as well...