NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

My level is coming along quite well. Whilst I'm fairly sure it won't make people go 'wow', it's quite a personal achievement.

My level is coming along quite well. Whilst I'm fairly sure it won't make people go 'wow', it's quite a personal achievement.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table mate. I need to get back into this game. After the rain fiasco on my last level and recent traumas, something like LBP is perfect for me to get back into.

I'm waiting for your next level too Choze!

And what about Mike? Your Beta levels were incredible!! What you got cooking mate?

Coming soon. Mainly just playing other peoples levels right now. SO many amazing levels. Was using neogaf's user levels thread as a starting point but there are so many more online.

Its like Youtube addiction kicking in... Just browse and play a new level every 5 minutes.

Coming soon. Mainly just playing other peoples levels right now. SO many amazing levels. Was using neogaf's user levels thread as a starting point but there are so many more online.

Its like Youtube addiction kicking in... Just browse and play a new level every 5 minutes.

Thats all I do which is why I still havn't found the time to make a really good level...

Will check it out as soon as i can!

Thats all I do which is why I still havn't found the time to make a really good level...

But that is the whole point of the game. Only afew create. Most just sit back and enjoy. Its cool being a creator though.

Anyone tried it yet? Not holding out high hopes to be honest. It's the rocket thing which probably won't work for people.

How do you find great levels? When you search for the exact level name it will always come up with 20 pages of other half related stuff.

Can you search for creators?

I played this game at a friend's house and absolutely loved it. I just love creating stuff and this game is perfect. I made a savings jar and am just 4 euro way from getting the PS3 and LBP bundle.

I'm already making doodles on pieces of paper during class for levels I want to create. Hope to see everyone here online and get some LBP friends quick.

Anyone wanna help me through the story mode so i can get all the prize bubbles?

Anyone tried it yet? Not holding out high hopes to be honest. It's the rocket thing which probably won't work for people.

I tried it mate. Commented online. It's a great wee level for a first attempt. A lotta stuff going on and it all works. Well thought out, measured and put together :D

Look forward to more fo your creations as you get better and better.

Oh and I am now getting this tomorrow, any tips on what i should do?

Blaze through story and then later get the prizes, or try to finish each level 100% or just go straight into level creating?

Oh and I am now getting this tomorrow, any tips on what i should do?

Blaze through story and then later get the prizes, or try to finish each level 100% or just go straight into level creating?

Single player then hit the create mode then you'll have a ton more stuff to meddle with.

Create mode is amazing regardless though. And if you play through the single player mode you'll probably have more of an idea as to what you can actually create.

I wouldn't say it mattered though :heh:

Me and Choze played this really good silhoette level that had some really cool parts to it.

Play first because you want be inspired and get to see what everyone is enjoying. Also it will help you figure out what makes a bad level different froma good one.

Me and Choze played this really good silhoette level that had some really cool parts to it.

Yeah that level has an amazing part two as well :) Love the artstyle. That guy should be an artist on real games :P

I republished Little Big Mountain. Its got a few time saving changes and more snow. Music is updated too. Abit easier etc.

Been doing something massive on my level, as the next segment.

Think I'm going to have to scrap it though, as....well I can't get past a certain point of difficulty I've run into, and the actual concept is not necessary at all. :)

Massive levels are hard. My Little Big Mountain Revision is maxing out the memory. Had to delete some stuff, in gameplay mode it has some slowdown... Probably because of the Blizzard effect i added with snow.

I'm really going to go to town on history levels. I'm going to create Rome or Egypt next. I've nearly finished The Great Wall of China :) Kinda difficult to make a cracking level. I'm perhaps too much of a perfectionist.

I've also made a Quantum Leap level but refuse to publish it as it's not as good as I wanted it to be. The idea was good but the execution is, imo, bloody awful lol.

Planning the levels is all good (on paper) yet when you're actually playing it it's a whole different ball game as to whether it's actually good or not. I hate the idea of stealing other ppl's ideas (creations) but there are deffo some great "oooo, must copy" moments out there.

You really have to think on an engineer scale to create anything amazing. If you just go for a 2D scroller it's perhaps a tad boring as the core mechanics don't really lend themselves to a "traditional" 2D horizontal title. The genius lies in the mechanisms you incorporate into your levels imo.

I'll stop bitching now and get back to creating what I deem to be the best I can do. Nothing else will do!

I'm really going to go to town on history levels. I'm going to create Rome or Egypt next. I've nearly finished The Great Wall of China :) Kinda difficult to make a cracking level. I'm perhaps too much of a perfectionist.

I've also made a Quantum Leap level but refuse to publish it as it's not as good as I wanted it to be. The idea was good but the execution is, imo, bloody awful lol.

Planning the levels is all good (on paper) yet when you're actually playing it it's a whole different ball game as to whether it's actually good or not. I hate the idea of stealing other ppl's ideas (creations) but there are deffo some great "oooo, must copy" moments out there.

You really have to think on an engineer scale to create anything amazing. If you just go for a 2D scroller it's perhaps a tad boring as the core mechanics don't really lend themselves to a "traditional" 2D horizontal title. The genius lies in the mechanisms you incorporate into your levels imo.

I'll stop bitching now and get back to creating what I deem to be the best I can do. Nothing else will do!

All sounds good...I want to do a world war level going thorugh the history so going to do that and try and get things worked around teaching in a fun way kinda....

In the meantime, I remade my initial beta stage (Snow World) check it out when you have the time. The prizes available are pretty cool :D

Will check out. Just abit busy this morning so will have some time shortly.

I played this game at a friend's house and absolutely loved it. I just love creating stuff and this game is perfect. I made a savings jar and am just 4 euro way from getting the PS3 and LBP bundle.

I'm already making doodles on pieces of paper during class for levels I want to create. Hope to see everyone here online and get some LBP friends quick.

Anyone wanna help me through the story mode so i can get all the prize bubbles?

They tend ot have competitions running for ideas. Keep an eye on littlebigworkshop.com

When you get the game i am happy to help anyone. Got 100% and perfect runs. :smile:

Heads up : LBP is down to £21.62 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Little-Big-Planet-PS3/dp/B0019CGTXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227871652&sr=8-1

Hurry up because as of today Sony are offcially bundling LBP so the discounts are ending.

Play.com price now back up to £39.99

I have to say as fantastic as this game is it has fallen by the wayside somewhat... I think the sheer amount of time you have to put in to creating is just a major committment especially for me as I am not particurly good at it. Xmas hols will have to try hard and catch up...

Game just arrived in post this morning. Only ordered it from amazon on sunday night at 12am with the free slow (two - four days) option so pretty surprised by speedy delivery. Want to try it out now but just remembered that I also ordered a 320gb hard drive off play.com for 49.99 so will wait till then methinks.

Only at home right now cos I feel like crap from cat allergies/flu/cold so I have time too. A shame that Play aren't so prompt.

EDIT: I was WRONG. It just some DVD that I ordered a few days ago and completely forgot about. Damn.

This blog is listing many great levels that alot of people have missed.

http://lbpreviews.blogspot.com/

I think the sheer amount of time you have to put in to creating is just a major committment especially for me as I am not particurly good at it. Xmas hols will have to try hard and catch up...

It is. Thats why i have taken a break. I will be back to it. My rotating stage where you control via jetpacks is coming along nicely. Its a short but challenging level. Getting loads of inspiration from others in the mean time.

This blog is listing many great levels that alot of people have missed.

http://lbpreviews.blogspot.com/

It is. Thats why i have taken a break. I will be back to it. My rotating stage where you control via jetpacks is coming along nicely. Its a short but challenging level. Getting loads of inspiration from others in the mean time.

that is a pretty good site and lots of good reviews.

If anyone wants to try a level i created its called...

Forbidden Temple

Feedback would be cool.