NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

How does it work on XMB? I may get one, depending on whether they release that patch or not.

Eyetoy works a treat :D On the XMB AND in-game:D

hm might have to see on ebay if can pick on up cheap!

I have it now, gonna play it in a minute.

Wow this game is great, so many things you can do in create, my favourite level from the NE team so far is the mirrors edge one, eldorado was also great.

How does it work on XMB? I may get one, depending on whether they release that patch or not.

In the camera bit on the msg section.

I have it now, gonna play it in a minute.

Wow this game is great, so many things you can do in create, my favourite level from the NE team so far is the mirrors edge one, eldorado was also great.

Woot! My Eldorado level! :heart:

Is there a way to make something respawn?

Now so if you die, and go to the last checkpoint, a way to make certain things reset themselves.

Theres a bit in my level (luckily I made an alternative route, so I need to know now only for future reference) anyway, so you get "in" something, then something happens, then when you have to get out its a bit tricky so possible death. So you die and it puts you back, but now the thing you get "in" isn't there.

Anyway around that? :)

My level will be finished on Saturday probably. I've made the boss area, and need to make the boss, then finishing touches, backgrounds and music.

Made a massive rain-based level the other day. But...

I made the rain out of glass and used the droplet shape (so it looked "real").

I made it fall with high velocity.

I put it on the front layer so it looked EPIC!

But yeah, it was REALLY noisy as the lifespan ran out AND when the droplets crushed the other ones (as millions lay on the floor). I worked around a ton of differing options (like life of object, speed, amount at one time) but it was just a mess.

I even put felt on the floor at one time to try and null the noise with sound effects and music. Just messed the level up tbh.

Maybe I'll have to have a REALLY high point where the rain is then have the droplets hitting the floor millions of miles away so the noise is drowned out.

Suggestions? It's PIVOTAL I tell ya. : peace:

Got my platinum trophy. Tapedeck's level has me salivating. :smile:

Eyetoy works a treat :D On the XMB AND in-game:D

Yeah Eyeytoy is a safe bet. Might try my logitech webcam and see if LBP accepts that.

Is there a way to make something respawn?

Now so if you die, and go to the last checkpoint, a way to make certain things reset themselves.

Emitter with switch for objects. How you make it work depends on how complex you want to go.

my favourite level from the NE team so far is the mirrors edge one, eldorado was also great.

Thanks! :smile: I have more coming but I am a little busy lately. Working on my own version of Hiest (moving train hijack level, i hearted it so check it out). One is a rotating world where you have to make it to the center and another is a new more reliable version of my rollercoaster level. Others are tests so far.

ReZourceman hurry up and add me :heh:

ReZourceman hurry up and add me :heh:

I've added you the other day. :( Dunno whats happened.

Anyway if you've added me thats cool, I'll accept tomorrow. It wasnt letting me connect yesterday.

Ive drawn up all my plans for the boss of my level, so I think I know what I'm doing exactly now. Some is quite complicated though....hope it works. If it does it will be impressive though.

tapdeck, can you not just use an emitter to make the rain? or that what you are doing?

yes, emitting I am :)

anyone seen the fireworks level? There is also an LCD level where lights acts as pixels...

Mario being animated.

ReZourceland Chapter One is published!

I think there are a few glitches that I don't have a clue how to fix. (I havn't checked the last) but the middle speech bubble doesn't trigger for some reason. Also bits of my boss occasionally randomly fall off.

Meh. Chapter Two will be much more fun.

OKAY THIS IS ANNOYING SOMEONE HELP.

How the heck do you set a specific camera angle at a specific part of a level?

ReZourceland Chapter One is published!

I think there are a few glitches that I don't have a clue how to fix. (I havn't checked the last) but the middle speech bubble doesn't trigger for some reason. Also bits of my boss occasionally randomly fall off.

Meh. Chapter Two will be much more fun.

OKAY THIS IS ANNOYING SOMEONE HELP.

How the heck do you set a specific camera angle at a specific part of a level?[/quoteu

u

se the camera in tools.

Hahah, cool. That simple. I thought that was an eye toy thing. Silly me.

Sorry if I seemed rude a minute ago. Its well dodgy, I was in the middle of making something or whatever, and a message popped up...I didn't expect it to so had already pressed X which put me in your game, then when you wrote that long message I pressed O to exit my poppit and it cancelled your message so I never read it. Crazy.

Anyway.

Dont matter. Liked your level. Its got some great platforming mechanics and ideas. Infact dont be surprised to see me being influenced slightly. I think the level could do with more presentation though. Thats the onyl weakness and double life checkpoints for tricky bits. :smile:

Played some great Metal Gear Levels today. The one on the front page of Cool Levels is nothing!

Not bad reZ. Kinda hard afer the boss. Do I need to go down the pink bit? Tried to no avail...from top to bottom. Nothing. You're deffo some kind of mental genius to get all of that interlinked. I dread to think what the whole screen looks like lol. It's all over the place. Well done for keeping it constant though. The first vehicle kept on getting trapped on the first incline for me though.

I really liked it though :D Like Choze said, some kind of background differenciation or a bit more detail and you're level will be pure gold. (Or yellow!)

Good start though! Took me ages to get to a decent level. Still not sure if I'm there.

Oh, El Dorado V1.1 is up. Now with hidden artifacts and teensy tweaks. It's so full I was trickling over the overheating bit!

Thanks guys! :)

Yeah, its kinda tricky going down the pink bit. Think it needs to be tweaked slightly again. Is there a way to make when an enemy dies, a block disolves, or whatever? I wanted to do something like that and then I had finished the boss and was like....waitta minute....what...Lol.

Chapter two is coming along nicely. Like you guys said there are bits of Chapter One that fuck up, and also some frustrating bits, so Blue is going to have more of an emphasis on fun, better theming, more enemies, and (camera angles) lol.

How do you get music on a whole level?

double life checkpoints for tricky bits. :smile:

!

I was not aware of these....lol. I am now.

Thanks guys! :)

How do you get music on a whole level?

Put the music player at the start of the level and it will play until you either place another player (thus changing the tune) or leave the level.

Maybe just have a dissolve block under the enemy that dissolves when you trigger a switch behind him. You'll have to beat him to get behind him anyways.

Sometimes the simplest thing is the best. imo.

I just had my first Little Big Orgasm. Made a cool little rocket thing which flies into some explosives and it looks pretty cool, relatively easy to do. I've decided that I'm going to make my 'experiment' (which is just learning the tutorials and then putting them into the world) into a proper level. It's gonna be some solid platforming with a few cool bits thrown in.

I love this game, it is so good, unbelievably vast step forward in videogame innovation.

I'm still struggling in the level creator to get things working the way I want them to.... Have to stick at it I guess...

Anything in particular? It can be frustrating sometimes. Like my Mantis just randomly bits falling off. It still does it, just no way around it.

Added fireworks to my rollercoaster level. Also added minor changes to the Mirror' Edge stage.

My next stuff is being worked but slowly. I am working on a lot of indivdual elements and dont want to rush.

I kind of did a laser aiming thing for a sniper gun but its think with the light ray and without the ray its very subtle unless i zoom in on the camera.

I had one annoying thing happen in the editor, created an object spent ages getting various parts of it to work and then when I've gone to capture it wouldn't do it, then gone to pick it up with my popit cursor and couldn't even do that...must be a random glitch annoying all the same....

I had one annoying thing happen in the editor, created an object spent ages getting various parts of it to work and then when I've gone to capture it wouldn't do it, then gone to pick it up with my popit cursor and couldn't even do that...must be a random glitch annoying all the same....

Interesting. Glitches i found include items sometimes moving in pause using emitters. But its minor.