Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2008

MadDog

Excellent drive from Massa, well deserved. Not sure what's going on at the stewards though, either give him a penalty or don't, don't leave it hanging over everybody's head until after the race for pete's sake.

I think Ferrari are going to have to throw themselves behind Massa over Raikkonen now, they can't keep with this situation where Kimi and Massa are trading blows while Hamilton continues to etch out a championship lead. Massa seems to have really rediscovered himself while Kimi is looking almost ordinary by comparison.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent drive from Massa, well deserved. Not sure what's going on at the stewards though, either give him a penalty or don't, don't leave it hanging over everybody's head until after the race for pete's sake.

I think Ferrari are going to have to throw themselves behind Massa over Raikkonen now, they can't keep with this situation where Kimi and Massa are trading blows while Hamilton continues to etch out a championship lead. Massa seems to have really rediscovered himself while Kimi is looking almost ordinary by comparison.

yeah it's gotta be Massa, I think he can push Lewis to the final race in Brazil, BUT i do worry about Ferrari's engine; after hungary and today i'm reluctant to admit it but i worry that one engine failure from Massa and it's all over.

That has to be one of the most boring races i've seen in a LONG time!

Overall I've been dissapointed by Valencia which is a real shame, as I think it has way more potential.

The track is extremely boring to look at the majority of the time, with nothing distinguishing one part from the other, just concrete blocks and wire fences.

The whole race was just a procession with no overtaking whatsoever! The only move of the afternoon I can think of was DC trying to overtake on a corner and it not coming off resulting in him spinning. That's ALL we got!

There was a little talk towards the end of the race about plans to maybe change the track a little for next year and I REALLY hope they do because they need to if they've got this track lined up for another 10 years or so. What an utter bore!

I love F1 expanding to new tracks around the world, but what I'm getting a little tired of are these new Tilke designed tracks.

He's built some good ones but I can't understand why you would create a new track with NO potential for exciting racing!

You're starting from scratch, you could do ANYTHING, but this is what we get!

Now we have two insanely boring Spanish GP's! The procession that is Monaco. And numerous other tracks where it's increasingly difficult to overtake on.

The likelyhood is Singapore will be the same, and maybe even Abu Dhabi next year!

Thankfully they've got rid of San Marino!

I want more racing circuits back on the calender! Bring Suzuka back [rather two Japanese GP's if it means better racing!] and future circuits should be designed far better!

Yeah, I was rather disappointed by that.

Practice/quali seemed like there were a few places with overtaking oppurtunities but it just didn't happen. The whole "everything is grey concrete" should be away for next year since they will surely smarten the whole place up a bit (they didn't exactly have time for it this year) but I do hope theres a bit more action on the track in future.

They were right about one thing though, it is like Monaco - really hyped up but ultimately rubbish.

What has been up with Ferraris pit stops this year by the way. I remember back in the day they would have 7 seconds to get schumi back out in clear space, for example and you would never doubt that it would happen. This year though massa and Kimi must both dread coming into the pits.

The problem with today's race is that the corners are quite slow, but the straights at times mean you can pick up your speed quite quickly resulting in the cars being spread out from the word go (Mark Allen referred to it as Field Spreading).

Two Spanish Grand Prix's (both for Alonso really and he's retired from both) and they are both AWFUL. Hungary is also dreadful and i REALLY hope Singapore is better. Oh well, we've got Spa and Monza coming up and they're the best two races of the season :)

They were right about one thing though, it is like Monaco - really hyped up but ultimately rubbish.

But Monaco has had some great races with Drama and such, the whole Sutil incident this year for example. It's memorable for me since Rubeans got his first ever podium behind Shumacher in the Stewart which until then didn't do very well results wise.

BTW, has a decision been met on Massa's penalty situation?

EDIT: Ah, a fine of 10,000 euros.

I'll be going to Spa this year to watch it live:yay: :yay: :yay:
Awesome!!

Went to Silverstone this year, but I'd love to go to Spa sometime!

It's one of my favourites along with Monza and Suzuka [gone atm].

Where are you sat/stood? and can I ask how much the tickets were?

I've heard it's a bit of a nightmare getting to the track because it's isolated up in the hills, are you staying nearby?

You'll have to take some photos of your time there and post 'em up!

Well actually my brother does a lot of competitive karting (as a matter of fact he had a race in Spa last week) , it's pretty expensive as you might guess, so we had to look for sponsors... The sponsor we found has free tickets, so...

I think the normal tickets are 100-150 euro, but the really good ones (close to the pits or to the track) are a stunning 500 euro !!

But I'll be sure to post some pictures up ;);)

Oh and BTW if anyone here is interested in sponsoring my bro, feel free to contact me, you'll get a mentioning on his site (http://www.filipbrkic.com) and on his outfit... It doesn't have to be much, every contribution helps!!

Why the FIA fined massa is beyond me, he did nothing wrong. It's a small pit lane and at races like Canada where the pit lane is small we see car's getting close together all the time.

There shouldn't have been ANY punishment but if you decide on a fine, fine Ferrari not Massa because he had no idea Sutil was there.

Massa did do something wrong though. The rules clearly state that the driver is responsible for his own release into the pit lane without risking an incident. In this case he should have backed off and filed in behind the Force India car. It's a bizarre precedent, as it's basically saying you can race other cars in the pit area without serious penalty, and completely contradicts previous rulings. Schumacher once got a drive through for brushing his tyre against the wall as he exited the pit lane.

• 2 weeks later...

Donnington Park have submitted their building plans to the local authorities for approval (master plan below.) Looks like it could be a decent circuit actually, a couple of hard, tight turns and the long wavy section from the old circuit might provide some decent overtaking opportunities.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/files/pdf/master_plan.pdf

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!