NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

So to use them I would have to make my way down to use them?

Assuming after that event you don't have to.

EDIT: That only did the left ones. I searched and found on gamefaqs to unlock the right ones you go to the far right in the stoney area and work your way down. At the moment I've found myself in a place with loads of ladders. Much fun.

EDIT EDIT: Finally led me to unlock the right path, plus a nice Meteorite Sword as a bonus. pr0.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

There is a nice sidequest related to the final boss. No story spoilers, other than the sidequest itself. If you're paranoid of spoilers you might want to complete the game first. You can load completed files.

If you have collected all of the fell arms you will unlock the third form for the final boss. He is the hardest story related boss. He kicked my lv 80 ass twice.

Once you have collected the fell arms and activated them the boss is no longer optional so beware.

How to get the fell arms:

Talk to the elder to recieve the Abyssion

Go the Aer Krene south of Nordopolica to power up the ring and get another fell arm.

With the ring go to Qui Woods, Relewiese, Keiv Moc and Tarqaron. There are two in the Tarqaron.

Then go to Aurion.

The weapons works like those in Symphonia. One kill=1 increase in attack and magic attack. Very fun for a second playthrough. Only the weapons carries over, not the stats.

Edited by Tales

Completed it earlier. Being around level 64/65 was an acceptable level to provide adequate beatdown with minimal use of life bottles [About 2/3]

I did "start" the EX game, given myself weapons/artes/skills from the previous game. I haven't had a battle yet but I'm equipped with my lovely meteorite sword. I'm wondering if I can be bothered to play this straight away.

Also, has anyone got any decent combinations to change appearance? All the titles my characters have got do nothing.

Also, has anyone got any decent combinations to change appearance? All the titles my characters have got do nothing.

I have found some at the hot spring after a couple of scenes and a 900,000 Gald investment. And at the island where you can play poker and stuff. By cleaning the warehouses you get one as well. Maybe I have some others, too. There are more but I don't know where and how to get them.

I'm trying to get 5 Light Star Gems now in order to synthesise the Hyper Armor. But the drop rate is extremely low as it seems...even with the Hunter's Monocle it took a lot of battles to get 5 of these gems for the Last Fencer.

I still need to finish grade farming. =( But it is so boring.

Edited by drahkon

I still need to finish grade farming. =( But it is so boring.

It's not that bad if you've got

Rita with a Wonder Symbol equipped, others with as many Dice/Blue Dice as you have, on Hard (or Unknown) difficulty; Spell End, OL Boost, Light magic, Minimum Damage skills. Overlimit level 3, Tidal wave, repeat

You might already be doing this, but you can get ~100 grade per minute. I'd still do it in a few short session, rather than one long slog, though. :)

It's not that bad if you've got
Rita with a Wonder Symbol equipped, others with as many Dice/Blue Dice as you have, on Hard (or Unknown) difficulty; Spell End, OL Boost, Light magic, Minimum Damage skills. Overlimit level 3, Tidal wave, repeat

You might already be doing this, but you can get ~100 grade per minute. I'd still do it in a few short session, rather than one long slog, though. :)

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I can't do more than one battle in one session, though. Hearing Rita say "Blah blah blah...TIDAL WAVE!!!" about 8 billiontrillion times makes me nervous, sick and completely crazy.

Edited by drahkon

For grade farming, I used Risk Ring with Overlimit level 1. Can't remember why, but I preferred that method to the Wonder Symbol one.

is Estelle's from 100-man at the Colosseum, Rita's *give 60 000 000 damage*(Aspio or Halure late in the story) and Judith's Into the Sky costume(1000 FS with at leat 200 Blue FS then talk to dragon boy in Myorzo), and Karol's golden armor(visit Keiv Moc late in the story)

Edited by Tales

For grade farming, I used Risk Ring with Overlimit level 1. Can't remember why, but I preferred that method to the Wonder Symbol one

That works, yes, but it's a lot slower!

Just a quick update on a price drop - you can now get ToV from ShopTo.net for £27.99, £5 cheaper than the previous best price :)

Oh, and it's in stock *now*

Just a quick update on a price drop - you can now get ToV from ShopTo.net for £27.99, £5 cheaper than the previous best price :)

Oh, and it's in stock *now*

dammit its all gone....really want this game right now! :mad:

I got this spontaneously the other day when I saw it at £19.99 on shopto and was craving a new game after going 3 or 4 months without playing any videogames. It's awesome!! very much like Symphonia.

I got this spontaneously the other day when I saw it at £19.99 on shopto and was craving a new game after going 3 or 4 months without playing any videogames. It's awesome!! very much like Symphonia.

Dyson is angryyyy that nobody told him about this deal for it is awesome and I would like to pick up said game for £20 :heh:

So I'm attempting to get all seven fell arms before completing the game for the first time, I have the first but in order to progress I need to find...

The Four Spirits

Can anyone help on where to find them?

So I'm attempting to get all seven fell arms before completing the game for the first time, I have the first but in order to progress I need to find...

The Four Spirits

Can anyone help on where to find them?

Where have you heard that? Finding them is key story point - you can't miss them and the game guides you pretty clearly on where to go. I won't say more for now to avoid spoilers, but post again if you'd like more detail.

Where have you heard that? Finding them is key story point - you can't miss them and the game guides you pretty clearly on where to go. I won't say more for now to avoid spoilers, but post again if you'd like more detail.

Hmm I don't want any spoilers but if that's the case then I can't be at the end yet and I thought that I might be, atm I am currently...

Shrine of Zaude

So I'm guessing there is more after that... if so then that's a good thing, I just figured that I might be near the end because I've now well over 50 hours into it. :)

Hmm I don't want any spoilers but if that's the case then I can't be at the end yet and I thought that I might be, atm I am currently...

Shrine of Zaude

So I'm guessing there is more after that... if so then that's a good thing, I just figured that I might be near the end because I've now well over 50 hours into it. :)

There's a lot more left. Once you're done with that area, you've completed part 2 of the game - there are three parts in all. Admittedly, the third part is shorter than the other two, but you've probably got another good 10-15 hours (at least) if you don't rush it. If you try to do all the side quests, that can go up hugely, as the endgame opens up quite a lot more of them. :)

Edited by Illusionary
Remove potential spoiler

but you've probably got another good 10-15 hours (at least) if you don't rush it. If you try to do all the side quests, that can go up hugely, as the endgame opens up quite a lot more of them. :)

Excellent! :D thanks for that, I'm in no hurry so it looks like it could well even be longer for me lol I've just been doing various sidequests today and settling scores with the Giganto monsters that I decided to let live for a while longer - read as : they pwned me the first time round... >_> - but I will carry on with the main quest for a bit now I think. :)

Sorry to wake up a sleeping thread, but I got the game the other day and played the first 2 hours today. Really enjoying it so far, but how long till the storyline kicks up a gear? I'm finding it hard to care about any of the characters and their motives at the moment.

This might be the first RPG I've actually enjoyed levelling up in.

Sorry to wake up a sleeping thread, but I got the game the other day and played the first 2 hours today. Really enjoying it so far, but how long till the storyline kicks up a gear? I'm finding it hard to care about any of the characters and their motives at the moment.

This might be the first RPG I've actually enjoyed levelling up in.

Just keep playing... it gets better.

I'm really looking forward to the PS3 release :D Wooo! :D

GamesTM gave it a rocking 5/10 saying the 360 version offers better.

YEAH! Bollocks to Sony.

GamesTM gave it a rocking 5/10 saying the 360 version offers better.

Wasn't that just a review of the game as a whole rather than just of the enhanced PS3 version?

As far as I can see he moans about chat bubbles and the lack of full voice acting, something the PS3 version has :/

What's new in the PS3 version compared to the 360 one:

Additional Content

* Full voice acting

* Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike[14]

* New playable character (Patty Fleur)

* Flynn as a fully customizable, playable character

* Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars

* New cutscenes

* New subplots

* New main game quests

* New sidequests

* New songs

* New towns

* Remodeled towns

* New dungeons

* New bosses (including the Sword Dancer)

* Boss fight replays at Nam Cobanda Isle (in an area called the Door of Memories)

* New Overlimit Levels 5 and 6[15]

* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)

* New Artes

* New Skills

* New Equipment

* A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a new maximum of 16 Artes.

* New Costumes (Including costumes based on other Tales characters and Sgt. Frog[16])

* New Skits

* A scene-skip feature

* Connectivity with Tales of VS[17]

Edited by KKOB

When is the PS3 version released? Cause I was thinking of picking it up for the 360 but the extra stuff does sound mighty tempting (especially the full voice acting, one thing that REALLY annoyed me about Tales of Symphonia).