Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Fable 2

Fruitgun

I think you only get a making of DVD, and a few in-game bonuses including a weapon, new dungeon and a spartan armour in the style of Master Chief.

The DLC pack comes on December 12th if anyone is interested according to Gamespot UK

DLC? Any ideas what's gonna be in it? I've decided Ima definitely buy this at £20, which I'm going right....now!

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing quite a bit of this. Got the wife and kid of the achievements and then went and got another one to get the bigamist ones. Now just to scare them off/divorce them and I'll have two nice houses for myself. Just finished the Crucible and what a pain in the arse that was. It wasn't really that difficult. The only trouble I had was on the Bandit rooms. Now to go and do more side quests and get more expressions to open the demon doors as I haven't opened any yet.

Oh and how do you kick a chicken? I need to figure out for the achievement. You turn safety off but then what?

Just finished the main story. Have to say, the ending was very lacklustre. Which ties in with how I found the rest of the game then. I sort of enjoyed it but sort of didn't Just found it a little boring and a bit of a chore. Didn't save it prior to dealing with Lucien at the end so I ended up picking the needs of many for the sacrifice achievement and I won't be going through again to get the others as it takes too long. They really should have allowed for multiple save files. BUt at least it lasted a little while. Now to find my next game to get prior to xmas. Got GoW2 and this that I can get rid of so think I may go for some Left 4 Dead action or Animal Crossing.

Molyneux hints at Fable II digital release

Peter Molyneux has hinted that Fable II could be made available as a full digital release on Xbox 360.

The Lionhead Studios boss refused to confirm any concrete plans, but told GamesIndustry.biz: "I think it would be a great thing for this studio to work on."

Pressed on whether there were already plans for the critically-acclaimed RPG to be made available over Microsoft's Live service, Molyneux said: "I can't say anything else on it – I would be killed to death."

Microsoft, which already offers full original Xbox titles for download via its Marketplace service, has never formally revealed intentions to make full retail 360 titles available, but industry watchers have long predicted this could happen later in the console's lifecycle.

Just finished the main story. Have to say, the ending was very lacklustre. Which ties in with how I found the rest of the game then. I sort of enjoyed it but sort of didn't Just found it a little boring and a bit of a chore. Didn't save it prior to dealing with Lucien at the end so I ended up picking the needs of many for the sacrifice achievement and I won't be going through again to get the others as it takes too long. They really should have allowed for multiple save files. BUt at least it lasted a little while. Now to find my next game to get prior to xmas. Got GoW2 and this that I can get rid of so think I may go for some Left 4 Dead action or Animal Crossing.

You can't allow for multiple saves in a game with online trading... think about it. It would be a nightmare. You could get an amazing legendary weapon then save 100 versions of your character and trade the weapon to everyone. Everyone would have everything.

Yeh that's what i forgot to do before the end. Still really can't be bothered to do it though. Was wanting to try get the achievement for getting the castle, well I think it's for that, but it's 1 million gold and I have 47k gold. So I'd either have to sit and blacksmith all day for it or up the prices in all my stores to the detriment of the townsfolk who are already pissed at me whenever I get money, even though all prices are as they were when I bought the stalls and some are even lower. Fussy people.

^ disgraceful. :shakehead Putting your wants over the needs of others :heh: It was kinda nice to have that kinda ending in a way where you had to make a choice which would affect the whole of Albion. I just miss having the dog around, kinda (although it was a pain in the arse sometimes because it would stand in front of you and not move and you couldn't get passed in caves/etc). I keep seeing a paw marker on my map even though I no longer have the dog so what does that mean? I went to one of them and found nothing so I'm guessing nothing.

Oh and that reminds me of complaint I have.... on ingame map. You had to pause everytime you wanted to check it. In the original on the Xbox, from what I've seen as I never played it, there was a map on you HUD.

Lionhead has told Eurogamer that the Knothole Island DLC for Fable II will definitely arrive on 22nd December, and not 12th December as was first thought.

A spokesperson told us the original date, which we lifted from Xbox.com, was a "mistake". The site now says "mid-December".

Knothole Island costs 800 Microsoft Points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60) and adds a whole new area stuffed full of quests and tricky decisions to explore.

Alongside the DLC will be a co-op patch to enable those with Knothole Island to play alongside those without. However, all Knothole Island content will be off limits unless both parties have forked out for the pack.

On top of that, Lionhead is bestowing some festive gifts on those downloading Knothole Island or the free co-op patch. These include Knight's Boots, Assassin's Gloves, a Weight Loss Potion, collectible book and more.

My girlfriend is getting me this for my birthday (4th jan). Can't wait! Think the last RPG i played was Mass effect (and i thought very highly of that). Not played the first Fable though, looks good from what i have seen.

You'll like it, i'm not an RPG fan but i'm loving the game. Just beat the Westcliff shooting range got the 1st prize (Red Dragon) and 2nd prize (2 Theresa Dolls), which was nice.

And got myself a wanted contract from a group of bandits, which introduces a new quest.

Was expecting the DLC pack to be delayed though, still got the points ready for downloading when ready.

Just completed this today.

It was different to how I expected, but still very good. I went for the "Love" option in the end, but I let it save over so I can't go back to pick the others. Do you not get to see Rose at all? Seems like a bit of a cop-out when she was the reason I picked that option.

:indeed: why would you do that, I get a million in a couple of days worth of income, tops. But now you can't do the archaeologist mission...

lol, it's kind of silly. Choosing love really is the best option as you get your dog back. Money is so easily earned and even people on Live will give you 1 mil just for a doll (which is piss easily obtained from getting 2nd place on the Westcliff shooting range).

But then again if you play again you'll have more things to do, so it's all good. ;)

OK so I get home after that particular event where you're gone for a while and there's my wife and kid and she's introducing my kid to me all grown up! Big scene! Except he's CLIPPING INSIDE HER! I CAN'T SEE HIM!

Oh but wait, that's nothing, when he er... comes out of her... he's black! WTF? Can your wife cheat on you? Or is it yet another bug? lol

If they can cheat, it's a problem easily solved with an axe.

I'm really liking it too.

I mean, it's incredibly rough around the edges, more than it should considering it's a big dev. Enormous ammount of bugs, the moral stuff still sucks ass and works incredibly bad, loadings become unbearable, pop up sucks, combat is horrible, etc... Yet I'm still having a very good time (maybe I wouldn't if I paid full price for it lol) and it's a very charming game, that breaks from the over-americanized space marine, UE3 fest.

:indeed: why would you do that, I get a million in a couple of days worth of income, tops. But now you can't do the archaeologist mission...

Because throughout my first playthrough I decided to make the character as evil as I could. Not gonna stop at the ending... :heh:

Also I plan on playing through it again at some point :D Awesome game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!