N-Europe

I actually have a new PC... but...

Phube

With the help on here I used my iPod as a HD a moved ALL my photos across... Cheers.

But my new problem is I can't move my iTunes Library!!!

I've uploaded my Purchased songs as I 'Autorized' my new PC. But it keeps trying to delete my iPod to sync with my new (a lot smaller) library!

What can I do??

Open your iPod in Windows Explorer, view hidden files.

In the hidden files you'll find a few folders with all your mp3s (they'll have names like NG54.mp3 and R4SW.mp3) or whatever format you use. Copy these to your PC.

Then you'll be able to import them into iTunes. Then I think it's possible to get iTunes to organise them all into folders with their proper names.

In the hidden files you'll find a few folders with all your mp3s (they'll have names like NG54.mp3 and R4SW.mp3) or whatever format you use. Copy these to your PC.

Then you'll be able to import them into iTunes. Then I think it's possible to get iTunes to organise them all into folders with their proper names.

What's Windows Explorer???

Uhuh. It's the windows on windows you use to browse yuour files. You know, when you open a documents window or somethin..?

Mac or Windows might avoid this question.

You mean "My Computer"...?

And if you do I've looked in there, there are no Hidden files and if there are... they seem well hidden to me?? :wtf:

Oh, yes it's a Vista PC.

Easier way to do it is with iDump.

Change your ipod to NOT sync with iTunes would be a start as well.

Then plug in new ipod, use idump. Tell iTunes where to find all these new songs you download off your iPod. It will put them into your library. Then plug in your ipod again, enable sync (if you want) and you'll have all your stuff back on there.

You mean "My Computer"...?
It's called Windows Explorer...

Click on Start/Windows Logo and search for Folder Options (nice feature finally implemented in Windows in Vista). Click on it, and look around whether you can find an option to show 'Hidden Files'. Enable hidden files, and then follow the instructions above. I'm on an XP machine at the moment, so that's as detailed as I can get.

Okay I did this... it comes under iPod Control Files.

And there are hundreds of XXXX. files. But I can't choose ALL of them I could do it individually... but It'd be quicker to rip all my CD's again!!

Any help?

Guest Jordan

Steve (Roadkill) is quite right in what he's saying.

The iPod is an over priced, under developed and tendy piece of equipment. Most people buy them, because they're "trendy". I'll by no means say my Zune 8 is perfect, at all. But damn i'd rather have that than an iPod.

Please note: This post is completely subjective and i'd rather not have the Apple Defence Force jump on my ass for this.

The iPod is an over priced, under developed and tendy piece of equipment. Most people buy them, because they're "trendy". I'll by no means say my Zune 8 is perfect, at all. But damn i'd rather have that than an iPod.

Please note: This post is completely subjective and i'd rather not have the Apple Defence Force jump on my ass for this.

Hahahahaha, yet you buy a Zune which is a cheap rip off. Hell they even stole the box from Apple.

The iPod is fantastic. Calling an iPod "Under Developed" shows one of 2 things.

A- You are a fanboy.

B- You lack very little knowledge in the technology industry.

So I'm guessing A. Oh and don't start the Apple crew rubbish, with a idiotic comment like that you knew what would come.

Guest Jordan
Hahahahaha, yet you buy a Zune which is a cheap rip off. Hell they even stole the box from Apple.

The iPod is fantastic. Calling an iPod "Under Developed" shows one of 2 things.

A- You are a fanboy.

B- You lack very little knowledge in the technology industry.

So I'm guessing A. Oh and don't start the Apple crew rubbish, with a idiotic comment like that you knew what would come.

I have literally, two thing to say to that post.

You are aware that the iPod is a copy of every other MP3 player, right? I mean, come on Caris, they stole Creative's OS ;).

Secondly, the fact that you jumped all over my comment just proves your fanboyism. Your history of bashing games consoles is one thing, but the fact that i called my Zune "less than perfect." proves that i'm hardly one. It was a tough decision on what MP3 player i had to buy, but at the end of the day money swayed me.

Now, lets try get back on the topic at hand. Shall we?

Get over yourself. In just the same way that you have a go at everyone going on about how amazing Apple is, you are actually the complete opposite in your anti Apple comments.

At least Apple fanboys are enthusiastic about stuff even if they are annoying. I find it a little sad that you have to jump in before any Apple fanboys have even commented.

I really love the iPod on my iPhone and if no one else likes it it makes no difference to me because it doesn't affect my use of it.

Stop acting all high and mighty like everyone who owns something made by Apple is an idiot.

I love iTunes and iPod. I mean what could be easier? Load all your songs into itunes, plug in your iPod, hey presto, all your songs are on your iPod. You browse to songs or playlists (or movies or games) on your ipod, hit play and you're away. What can you really, honestly diss the iPod for? The damn thing works, it plays mp3s. They sound great. Sure you can't drag and drop your music onto it like any portable hard drive, but so what? Syncronising your songs through iTunes is actually a faster process than dragging and dropping.

I'm not big on Apple products. I wouldn't mind a mac for webdesign but they're ridiculously overpriced. In general too much emphasis on style gives way to compatibility and functionality. But the iPod does exactly what it's supposed to do. They stole some OS? So what? Force feedback and rumble packs. Companies that are capable of accepting what works and utilising it are the ones that do well in the world. They're trendy and popular? Windows is popular, will that stop you using it?

All the arguments against the iPod are senseless. They come from people not willing to give the device a chance because they've been brainwashed by some anti-consumerism concept that they believe is cool. "down with the system! support the minority! popular is bad! bandwagons are for gheys!". Being anti-iPod is the real bandwagon that people clamber onto.

And with that let us return to the topic at hand.

Phube, I would reccomend just using your iPod or any portable HDD to move your music over from the music folder on your old PC, the same way you did with your pictures etc. Either that or use some third party software like floola or iDump to rip your songs onto your new PC.

Windows Explorer is... (sheesh, there are really people out there who don't know this stuff??) any window you use on your computer to browse your files. Right click on your start button and then click on "Explore". That's Windows Explorer.

Think of it as an internet explorer, but for searching your own PC rather than the internet.

The iPod ain't that great really, certainly far from the best around. Personally i wouldn't buy a Classic or a Nano, they are (and pretty much always have been) beaten by similarly priced products. The Touch and Shuffle though are pretty good. The Shuffle is priced pretty much in-line with the rest of the market and the Touch is one of the best pieces of consumer electronics around (once hacked).

I really can't stand the way ALL iPod products work with computers though, the system plain sucks. The functionality is severely nerfed :(

Hating the iPod is dumb. Seeing that it isn't always the best product is just being a smart consumer :)

Anyway, back on topic children before i start clicking the little Yellow and Red button ;)

And with that let us return to the topic at hand.

Phube, I would reccomend just using your iPod or any portable HDD to move your music over from the music folder on your old PC, the same way you did with your pictures etc. Either that or use some third party software like floola or iDump to rip your songs onto your new PC.

Windows Explorer is... (sheesh, there are really people out there who don't know this stuff??) any window you use on your computer to browse your files. Right click on your start button and then click on "Explore". That's Windows Explorer.

Think of it as an internet explorer, but for searching your own PC rather than the internet.

I did the old find hidden files on iPod in 'Explorer' thing. But I end up with a 10Gig 'empty' folder called "iPod control" But I can't seem to do anything with this folder... unless I take each "EWHSY" track file individually to iTunes... this would take me forever!!! It won't let me inport the whole folder to iTunes...

It is really frustrating as I do like my iPod and iTunes but this stupid one computer rule is ridiculous!!