N-Europe

PSN and Home Thread

Daft

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another upcoming PSN title thats been getting a lot of buzz - Shatter.

Here is some E3 cam footage of the game in action - it's a mash up between Arkanoid and a shoot em up.

The PSNation podcast was raving about it this week.

Edited by Cookyman

Yeah that looks pretty damn awesome. There needs to be some more coverage of these games, because like that one I didn't know anything about it and E3 is over (is it?). I'm just surprised no big site has a list of all the PSN games that were shown or revealed there.

Here is another upcoming PSN title thats been getting a lot of buzz - Shatter.

Here is some E3 cam footage of the game in action - it's a mash up between Arkanoid and a shoot em up.

The PSNation podcast was raving about it this week.

Yeah listened to that podcast and they loved it. Think it looks like something different whilst drawing on the familiar style of the likes of geometry wars. Also one style of level that looks a little bit like Peggle with its round coloured blocks.

Hmm must've missed your post.

You replied to it, actually:

When I saw the video I was disappointed because when I first read your post I thought you said it was a blockbuster lol. Oh well, looks okay I suppose.

I guess it was a grower.

Huh?! I really don't remember watching anything like it... You must've edited that video in the post because I definetly don't recall seeing anything of the sort, maybe a different game.

I'm freaked.

Thing is I'm a brick-breaker enthusiast, there was probably another video I mistook for what you posted. Can you link to the page? I'll find it.

Hmmm I really don't know why I said that, I mean if it's a brick game and it looks that good then I don't know why I would've have said it was bad.

Flashback: I think when I opened it I only saw the first few seconds and thought it was a new sort of Tetris. Which I wouldn't have been interested in. Not that it matters I'm just curious as to what my mind was going through.

I don't think this will surprise anyone, but PopCap have confirmed that Peggle will be making its way onto PSN:

We’re working on bringing you Peggle and Feeding Frenzy 2 before the year is out, so keep an eye out for those! I can’t give away much about Peggle, but I think it’s going to be really cool.

Presumably it's going to include the Nights content as standard, going by that last part.

• 1 month later...
Castle Crashers Coming To PS3

504x_CCps3.jpg

Castle Crashers is just about the best thing to happen to Xbox Live Arcade. And soon, it'll be just about the best thing to happen to the PlayStation Network as well.

While there are no details on when the game is coming, how much it'll cost or whether the Sony version will include any exclusive content, we do know the game is real, and that it will be out sometime in the future.

http://kotaku.com/5320733/castle-crashers-coming-to-ps3

There's a video in the link.

I've heard good things about this so I'm looking forward to picking it up. Hopefully there will be some PS3 bonus stuff. PSN adds another great game to it's embarrassingly good library.

I've heard good things about this so I'm looking forward to picking it up. Hopefully there will be some PS3 bonus stuff. PSN adds another great game to it's embarrassingly good library.

Fantastic news, Castle Crashers is brilliant. My Xbox is becoming more and more redundant.

One of the reasons I was tempted to get a 360. Now that leaves pretty much nothing as my PC can run the rest. Another game to burn my cash on.

Yep, my Xbox has now been relegated to the 'upstairs bedroom'. Sat in its place is a nice shiny new Sky+ HD box.

I know what will happen, the 360 will just sit there until:

a) It gets put on eBay or

b) It dies due to being trampled on.

I just played that Katamari thing, it's weird and I couldn't understand any of it, strange camera and controls, unless I'm mistaken there was only 2 types of camera angle. Managed to 'complete' both levels though.

Hard to say whether I'd have enjoyed it if it was explained in english tbh.