N-Europe

Resident Evil 0 Wiimake

triforcemario

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Capcom are in a little bit of a dilema now over remaking Resi 2/3.

Resi 2/3 wouldn't work if they were remade in the style of Resi 4, because the levels just aren't designed that way, the path you follow is predominantly very tight and linear. Resi 4 perspective and controls would make the games much easier, with enemies seemingly lining up in front of you, and the quick 180 turn etc... would also help things. The games would loose alot of their scare.

Thus remakes would need to be made in the same way as Resi 1 was, all the atmosphere of the originals would be there and even improved on [as with REmake], with fantastic pre-rendered environments etc... but it would also mean a return to static cameras, and the often criticised 'clunky' control scheme which Capcom may be wary of doing, thinking they won't sell as well.

Thing is i'm sure any Resi fan would be happy to have Resi 2 & 3 remakes in this style, it's just maybe Capcom need to know this.

Is this a straight port or a RE4 style remake with new controls like RE4 controls?

Sadly, it's the former. It's basically the same game as it was on the GC. Apparently there's some Wii-controls involved, but nothing is know about that. So I doubt it's anything major. Capcom is just giving this game another chance.

When the game released in on the GC, it was already outdated.

I agree with Retro_Link that Capcom may be in a dilemma. They have their best team on RE5 already, but Wii has proven it can host RE game fine and sell exceptionally well. They won't have the resources to think up a new storyline. Remaking RE2 and/or 3 would make sense most, but... the environment dont lend well for RE4-style gameplay.

Sadly, it's the former. It's basically the same game as it was on the GC. Apparently there's some Wii-controls involved, but nothing is know about that. So I doubt it's anything major. Capcom is just giving this game another chance.

When the game released in on the GC, it was already outdated.

I agree with Retro_Link that Capcom may be in a dilemma. They have their best team on RE5 already, but Wii has proven it can host RE game fine and sell exceptionally well. They won't have the resources to think up a new storyline. Remaking RE2 and/or 3 would make sense most, but... the environment dont lend well for RE4-style gameplay.

If that is the case, then this an appalling state of affairs. An underperforming game re-released with little or no enhancments. What a joke. The whole traditional RE play mechanic feels out of date now.

If that is the case, then this an appalling state of affairs. An underperforming game re-released with little or no enhancments. What a joke. The whole traditional RE play mechanic feels out of date now.

I remember playing the GC version of this and RE1 and they were really, well boring! They put me to sleep. Once you have played RE3 or RE4, you really can't go back imo unless you didn't like the changes they put in those.

Its the same with Re2,Re3 and Re:CVX when ported to GC in Japan and US.

Im sorry but that just blows massive chunks. May they may as well just use their money to roll up a blunt; still get some enjoyment but would be wasting cash.