N-Europe

Deadly Creatures - Out Now!

dazzybee

Ignore me if I'm being intrusive, but why'd you change your name? Interesting.

I've had issues with the family name for years, the vast majority of my generation are drugged up wastes of life, thieves and joyriders, i was getting really peeved by constant "your related to so-and-so" and then hearing about their latest 'escapades'. The icing on the cake came two years back when our gran passed away, and within 3 hours the family were rooting through the house looking for their share. All the chaos and sensitivity of an Tunisian market.

So, i'd just had enough. Our daughter was on the way, and i really didn't want her to be part of that car crash of an extended family.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Fair enough...

Back on-topic, the game looks interesting I guess but I didn't hold out much hope for it as bar a few titles I'm only interested at what Motion plus can do and I reckon this game will be something "original" just with tacked on waggle :/ that said it could be well implemented but I think we've seen all that the current controller can do.

I won't be getting the game but I can see that it will certainly attract attention :) just not my kind of game though I could be swayed by it, we shall see. :)

I'm really looking forward to this, the walking on walls aspect reminds me of the Alien section of Alien Vs Preditor, which was one of my favourite sections of the game.

From experience of that game, that sort of thing can make more of a difference in the game than you'd imagine.

I'm really looking forward to this, the walking on walls aspect reminds me of the Alien section of Alien Vs Preditor, which was one of my favourite sections of the game.

From experience of that game, that sort of thing can make more of a difference in the game than you'd imagine.

Offtopic:

One of my fave gaming moments. Especially after you had just burst out of someone's rib cage and had to find something to eat so you can grow. Want a remake of this and Deus Ex.

Ontopic: game looks decent but will wait until it's closer to release before a decision about purchase is made.

Offtopic:

One of my fave gaming moments. Especially after you had just burst out of someone's rib cage and had to find something to eat so you can grow. Want a remake of this and Deus Ex.

Ontopic: game looks decent but will wait until it's closer to release before a decision about purchase is made.

That was AvP2, PC gaming around that era is my forte :smile: , lost interest when I couldn't keep up with the upgrading costs. I'd prefer a remake of System Shock 2, than Deus Ex. Or even the missing sequel to Anackronox.

On topic, yeah my fingers are crossed that this will be good, and I think it will be. So a purchase for me if it gets favorable reviews.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Games was delayed to february in the US, still no EU date.

Third-party publisher THQ confirmed to IGN today that its Wii-exclusive action title, Deadly Creatures, has been delayed. The game will now ship for Nintendo's console in February of 2009, according to the company.

This marks the second delay for the game, originally set for an October 31 ship date and then repositioned for a mid-December release.

Deadly Creatures pits players as two dangerous critters, the tarantula and scorpion, as they battle through a variety of environments and inadvertently unearth a deadly plot involving man. The game, developed by Rainbow Studios, pushes the Wii console visually and features a robust storyline with top-talent Hollywood actors.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/934/934672p1.html

THQ confirmed to IGN that Deadly Creatures, the game that pits a tarantula and a scorpion against the hazards of the real world and other er... deadly creatures was officially delayed in US for February 2009.

The game is developed by Rainbow Studios and the team is putting an effort on both the graphics and the gameplay, making for a very good looking game showing great promise and originality, mixing critter fighting with exploration and stealth. Deadly Creatures also features Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper as voice actors.

There's still no date set for Europe, but we'll let you know as soon as its known.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12643

Again?

Well, at least Americans will have the date closer to us :P, the closer the date is, the lesser the time i have to run away from Spoilers of the story from Americans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Gametrailers Preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44322.html

Voices from Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper!

Though a lot of work is obviously going into it, I just can't see this selling all that much [no matter what platform it was on]! I hope they aren't expecting big sales figures!

I thought that. Looks interesting and may even be very good, I just can't imagine people flocking to it - even if it was on the PS3/360 I don;t think this would sell well.

• 2 weeks later...

IGN Review:

8.5 Presentation

Stunningly minimalist (and creepy) user interface, slick menus, well-made and rendered story, lots of unlockables. Some unfortunate mid-level loads and glitches.

8.5 Graphics

Really impressive. Great art style and equally great tech combine for gorgeous, varied levels and insanely detailed models that usually animate beautifully. Some framerate and camera hiccups.

10 Sound

Superb. Breathtakingly ambient soundtrack perfectly sets the mood. Excellent character voices by A-list celebrities Thornton and Hopper. And chill-inducing sound effects.

8.0 Gameplay

Really fun action-adventure with tight controls and a balanced mix of character upgrades and exploration. You won't want to stop playing, even with some technical bugs.

6.5 Lasting Appeal

There's no multiplayer mode of any kind and the single-player adventure has run its course in fewer than 10 hours. Adept players will complete it much quicker. Some unlockables to come back for.

Impressive OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

I've had my eye on this game ever since the first gameplay vids appeared at IGN and I was absolutely marvelled at the atmospheric soundtrack.

I will pick this one up when it's at budget price or some promo on the net. Metroid feel, Se7en-like soundtrack, exploration, and visceral creepy insect combat, it's awesome