N-Europe

Drinking

Kirkatronics

I'm very seriously considering bringing my tent too, for just-in-casies. I did have a look for campsites in the london area, but the only decent one I found requires you to be a member of some camping association first, which costs like £40 a year!

Perhaps if we find someone who lives in london who is willing to provide a garden? Or maybe someone with london-based knowledge could suggest safe places to camp-out?

Well if you bring some food then there will be some :P Up to everyone to bring things, really.

Yea if we could find someone London based that would be pretty much perfect, would be fun aswell, staying up drinking outside in tents and stuff. Would be a good laugh. Just gotta find somewhere.

haha it'll be a case of ''mum..'' what? ''can I have vodka for download?'' no ''fine..*storms of to charli* ''charli?'' yes? ''you know download? well I havent got any booze'' so? ''go buy me some and I'll drive you to download' okie :indeed:

tends to work ^.^, haha epic drinking sessions *tries to keep mind clean* must think non-dirty thoughts, must think clean thoughts, pink hippos...that'll do... :indeed:

What can be more fun than epid drinking sessions? You keep thinking of those hippos for as long as you can...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I'm trying *mind wanders* I can't help it.. xD

though camping sounds quite interesting, it'd be like download all over again.

Yea it would be really fun. Then if someone can bring a guitar, would make it much better. Would be really fun with a big group of us and campfire games (even if we don't have one) and there'll be people who can buy drink there aswell.

I drink too much too often, I got absolutely wasted in a pub last night, and shit, I wasn't even out with anyone, I just stayed to meet whoever came in and chat bollocks. I was there from lunchtime until really fucking late. Oh dear..

I realised maybe I'd had too much when I stood up from the toilet and I could barely stand/walk at all, so I decided to make a sneaky exit and go home; for shame

I didn't 'start' until I was 16 going on 17, which is quite late judging by my friends. First time was up at the Skate park in a local village before heading onto a ceilidh. After that it was every few weekends just out in the streets as there wasn't anywhere else to go. Would usually go for a half-bottle of vodka over the whole night mixed with coke.

Nowadays since I'm 18 and living in Glasgow I'm out all the time, 2 times a week if not more. Going to pubs/cubs, usually start of with a few pints before moving onto vodka mixes.

Im off to Glasgow in May for a weekend, where are the best places to go???

I was quite late really as I always looked so young so could never get into bars till I was actually 18. Even then getting wasted every weekend didn't really appeal to me. However, from about 21 and making new friends I started going out nearly everyweek and still do now. My poor poor liver!

Im off to Glasgow in May for a weekend, where are the best places to go???

I was quite late really as I always looked so young so could never get into bars till I was actually 18. Even then getting wasted every weekend didn't really appeal to me. However, from about 21 and making new friends I started going out nearly everyweek and still do now. My poor poor liver!

Give me a shout closer to the time, but of the top of my head...

Friday: I really like the Union on a Friday night for Criminal Records but its not everyone's think. Bamboo is pretty good and Campus is always a good shout.

Saturday: We've never really found a great place to go on a Saturday but The Garage is always a good night. I've heard The Arches is good on a Saturday but it's quite dodgy apparently.

Sunday: Bamboo. £1 drinks. Great night.

And if you happen to be here on a Wednesday, Octopussy at the Arches. Fantastic night every single week.

Why do you express it like it's something to be proud of?

Why do you ask that like it's not? I think not drinking is something to be proud of, sometimes I wish I'd never started(not an alcoholic btw). Just, I dunno, maybe I enjoy it a little more than I should?

I think I first had a proper drink I was in like year 10, so about 14-15. There was a few people having hall parties around the time, and naturally a few people'd go off to the offy in a group, decide who looked the oldest/most likely to get served/had the nicest tits(it was a fact the girls got served easier than us), whilst the rest of us stayed out of sight. They got a bit suss sometimes when the same people went back like 3 times in a night. I remember it well, I had quite alot of red square alcopop from a 70cl bottle in a rather short amount of time, and felt a bit weird, wasn't sure if I was drunk or not. People said I couldn't be, but people underestimated how much of a lightweight I was!

A few more hall parties and such, me drinking alcopops cos I didn't like beer back then(hah!), one day in year 11 I ended up in hospital and got given my name, and after that I got a bit more sensible for a while.

Then in like year 12(16-17) at some point I started going to pubs and bars, was annoying trying to find places that'd serve us all at first, and got kicked out a few times, but after a while we found a good wetherspoons(double score!). I'd say I've been drinking since then really, more parties happened and stuff, I got a little less sensible(had a few black nights I don't remember), and have now aqcuired a great love of all beers and ales.

Despite all that, I half wish I'd never started drinking as young, and feel like a bit of a hypocritical old fart thinking kids these days shouldn't either. I swear it's worse these days too, when we used to drink on the street or in parks we didn't cause trouble, but now on friday or saturday night, there's a proper gaggle of chavs near every offy, shouting all manner of stuff at people passing.

I'm very seriously considering bringing my tent too, for just-in-casies. I did have a look for campsites in the london area, but the only decent one I found requires you to be a member of some camping association first, which costs like £40 a year!

Perhaps if we find someone who lives in london who is willing to provide a garden? Or maybe someone with london-based knowledge could suggest safe places to camp-out?

Nice camp site over on Hackney Marshes.