NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Darkspine S

Split UK Gamers from Europe petition

X_X

Was that an insult or irony? lol, didn't get it..

He's our resident troll and spammer, don't worry. It's like having a monkey.

The whole idea of splitting UK from Europe is selfish.

Like I said, those who support the idea should realise that UK is a part of Europe, and that means the UK must endure whatever affects Europe as a whole. They shouldn't expect "special privileges" just because they happen to speak the same language as the US. It's extremely elitist.

You know, don't the brasilians have the games at the same as USA?

And doesn't Mexico has the same date as USA?

Then... if the United Kingdom deserves the USA... maybe the Portugueses and the Spanishes deserve it too :P

You know, don't the brasilians have the games at the same as USA?

And doesn't Mexico has the same date as USA?

Then... if the United Kingdom deserves the USA... maybe the Portugueses and the Spanishes deserve it too :P

I don't think the games get translated to Spanish and Portuguese in the NTSC versions (although they should).

I know it happens with some PC games, though. And it was quite irritating seeing a Portuguese option in the South American version of LBA2, but not in the European version. :heh:

The whole idea of splitting UK from Europe is selfish.

Like I said, those who support the idea should realise that UK is a part of Europe, and that means the UK must endure whatever affects Europe as a whole. They shouldn't expect "special privileges" just because they happen to speak the same language as the US. It's extremely elitist.

Honestly, why should we have to put up with a bad deal the rest of Europe gets, when we can avoid it?

Honestly, why should we have to put up with a bad deal the rest of Europe gets, when we can avoid it?

That's the point. You can't.

You are European. Accept the fact that you can't get an American treatment.

Just to correct, it is not called NOJ, it is called NCL. As in Nintendo Corporate Limited. Since their headquarters are in Japan, the Japanese refer to them as NCL and everyone else in the media follows just that. Besides, NOJ does not exist since that would imply it would be a branch, like NOA/NOE.

Just thought I should fill you guys in. :) It also works the same way for Sony's gaming division. There is SCEA, SCEE, and then there is simply SCE. The last one implies the headquarters which, just the same as Nintendo, is in Japan and thus the J mocker is inappropriate and incorrect.

Yeah and we wouldn't want to offend them now would we?

There getting Animal Crossing Wii this Xmas....so thats Wii Fit, Brawl, Mario Kart and now Animal Crossing before Europe! God damn!

I personally feel offended, as Europe have been totally pushed aside, again!

The UK is a PAL territory, like the rest of Europe. The UK IS part of Europe. Kinda bugs me when people refer to the UK as "England" and the rest of the continent as just "Europe."

What about Australia? How are they for release dates?

Should the whole word speak Japanese just because they get games much quicker than us?

Non-gamers don't care about release dates. They tend to have no clue as to when things are coming out unless advertised by Nintendo, and Nintendo's customers currently are the whole Nintendogs and Wii Sports crowd. There's no hope here.

Get a 360, man up, and play real games.

The UK is a PAL territory, like the rest of Europe. The UK IS part of Europe. Kinda bugs me when people refer to the UK as "England" and the rest of the continent as just "Europe."

What about Australia? How are they for release dates?

Should the whole word speak Japanese just because they get games much quicker than us?

Reminds me of playing Bankshot Billiards on XBL against some American guy. He asked where I was from because he liked my accent. I replied "Britain". He said "Oh, Britain? Cool. Isn't that near the UK?"

/irrelevant anecdote.

I just don't understand why people complain about Japan getting the games before we do! THEY'RE A JAPANESE COMPANY!!!

It's like the biggest British bands releasing their albums in japan before UK.

Or Hollywood films released in Japan before America!!

Anyways, I love Europe and all, but I class myself as English no European and I hope we never join the Euro :) Though that's a complete other issue.

As for separating us with game releases?!?! Well, I would say yes because it means we get games quicker but I aint THAT bothered.

Though most Europeans speak in English so maybe they shouldn't bother translating :)

PS And Americans speak the same language as others not the other way around :P

http://www.petitiononline.com/ukgamers/petition.html

I wouldn't know if this would be possible or not, although I certainly wouldn't mind getting localized American games at the same time as them. What do you guys think?

(Btw, I put this in the Wii thread because it seems to be Wii games that suffer the most from localizations nowadays.:( )

why uk gamers only? thats so arrogant and childish.. you know there are other countries in europe that CAN speak english too... thats why this petition fails..or I hope it fails more like(and of course it will like all petitions)

This thread offends me. A big "well, fuck you too" to the ones that agree with this.

totally agree with this post.

Sign in to follow this